Sign in to follow this  
Binkowski

US Army 2009 Units

hi - have installed the latest US army package.

love it, however the grips on the M4 are still at the old position (ie:too far forward). is this correct or have i stuffed up something?

The multicam and the other units look very nice :)

hi - have installed the latest US army package.

love it, however the grips on the M4 are still at the old position (ie:too far forward). is this correct or have i stuffed up something?

It's because when they were closer, the wrist of humans were too wrung, so they were moved forward to have a more realistic angle (am I right?)

Let me add that the multicam units are reskins by daveygary for inhouse (at this time) use by 502nd. Not to say they won't be made public, but they are done.

Some more pics of the MC units, Nalmalsk island, and a personal reskin of RH's M4s.

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o62/Ryujin_bucket/arma22009-10-3123-07-57-82.jpg

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o62/Ryujin_bucket/arma22009-10-3122-51-00-84.jpg

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o62/Ryujin_bucket/arma22009-10-3122-45-25-03.jpg

They blend in real well...

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o62/Ryujin_bucket/WIP14.jpg

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o62/Ryujin_bucket/WIP12.jpg

Edited by Ryujin

Any guy know any good AFV in the current ARMA2 could be used for these great US regular troops?

Any guy know any good AFV in the current ARMA2 could be used for these great US regular troops?

CAA1 has the M113, P85 has the Bradley and I heard the Strykers are being ported from Arma 1

M113 is outdated for US troops in 2008,09, I'm afraid. Seems the only hope would be from Stryker to organize a new type brigade.

M113 is outdated for US troops in 2008,09, I'm afraid. Seems the only hope would be from Stryker to organize a new type brigade.

You are rather mis-informed.

The M113 is all over Iraq.

You are rather mis-informed.

The M113 is all over Iraq.

It's your thought. US troops really would think the old horse-M113 is as good as Stryker?

It's your thought. US troops really would think the old horse-M113 is as good as Stryker?

It is not my thought..... its fact.

Im not debating whether the stryker is better than the M113.... Ive watched as they both have burned to the ground with people i know still in them.

now back on topic.

Bink, you planning to add any brigades formt he 101st. i always enjoyed your 2BCT guys in arma1

We have more M113s in Iraq than Strykers. And in Afghanistan, Strykers are pretty useless except in the cities. Bradley's are still the main IFV of the US Army.

Hi,

I've got an issue. When I select the M240B no weapon displays and I can't fire. When it's used by ennemi soldiers I get "cannot load....m240b".

Thanks to consider this issue.

Yes, every military in the world has the money and resources to instantly upgrade all of their vehicles as soon as a new one is developed and put into service, except the United States.

The M113 can still pull it's weight. In fact (If Upgraded) it's even better and has a higher survival rate than the Stryker.

urban_fighter.jpg

urban-APC-gaza.jpg

LAND_M113A3_Modified_in_Iraq.jpg

Strykers with additional rails strengthening very popular in the city fights. Strykers are fewer than M113 just because they are still under testing application in the US Army. In addition, Strykers are for quick-reaction operations while M113 may be designed to accompany the heavy panzer divisions in the cold war before coming of Bradley.

erm, no: The M113 dates back to Vietnam, and is designed to be multipurpose, not solely for tank divisions. They're still used because they're pretty awesome. They're a big lightly armored box with tracks, they're cheap, have lots of space, are reasonably quick, and you can put all sorts of weapons on them. Not to say they're better or worse than strykers, the two vehicles have different missions, but the M113 is still a great little APC. You should see what the Israelis have done with them.

You should see what the Israelis have done with them.

My first 2 pictures WERE what the Israelis have done with them. lol.

We can argue all day about if X is better than Y, but that seems a tad silly. The original question was what IFVs are available to transport these units? The Bradley and the M113 are both used by the US Army, and both are available as addons. The Stryker, as nice as it would be, is NOT currently available in Arma 2. Question answered. No need for an argument here, I think we can all at least agree that Bink's units are amazing and leave it at that ;)

Seems off-topic. But still interesting discussion anyway. Just very curious what US troops are using for their major AFV forces in the current service. Bink's units seem regular infantry or mechanized troops and Bradely may be more suitable for it. In games, the fire strength of those terroists could be really very strong and M133 could take lives of those soldiers very quick, I think.

Edited by ARM2CAT

@ARM2CAT:

We use: Up-Armored HMMWVs, MRAPs, M113s, Strykers, and Bradleys in Iraq. The Strykers and Bradleys are ill-suited for Afghanistan's terrain, so the M113 is coming back there as well.

Question Answered. Please stop hijacking threads. This is about Binks US Army Units, not about what equipment we use in Iraq or Afghanistan.

Wow was this thread totally and utterly derailed or what, this is about Binks US ARMY UNIT MOD :censored:

You're right, it is, but I just can't stand people talking out of their arse. Suhsjake, provide your sources, please.

Bink, I presented the question elsewhere, but don't recall seeing an answer:

Why are you using the HSGI Woosatch A variant for your special forces guys? Most of what I had seen was a CIRAS or an Eagle MBAV. For the sake of realism, I wouldn't use the HSGI Woosatch, considering its not part of the SFLCS kit. The earpro is spot on though, good to go.

Also, as just a suggestion, other than making a reskin for the MC troops, maybe you should update their equipment? With MC being a potential camo for the Army, I don't see them continuing to use the same old SDS crap like the FLC on their kit. Maybe try the KDH plate carrier in MC or something?(even though it pisses me off that KDH got the contract over Eagle).

Here are some pics of the KDH plate carrier that the Army has chosen:

http://www.army.mil/-images/2009/10/15/53328/army.mil-53328-2009-10-16-111005.jpg

http://www.army.mil/-images/2009/10/15/53329/army.mil-53329-2009-10-16-111010.jpg

*WARNING* Those pics are kind of large, might take a minute to load.