FP : DR - News & Discussion

Will you be buy Dragon Rising?  

318 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be buy Dragon Rising?

• Yes, I definitely will buy it.
    • No, I definitely won't buy it.
    • I will decide based on the demo.
    • I will decide based on reviews.

That guys a complete jerk though, did you see his "give me the press disc" topic? The ego... At least he doesnt spend his life slating ARMA like Viiper etc though. That uprising wont last long, im sure viper and shaz will be there to close and hide the topic. I mean... Lets not let anyone see what its like until they spend their 40 pounds/60 dollars/50 euros or what have you on it.

They locked the thread, no surprise there.

Eth

Well the only time that i would put "sir" infront of someone name is

A. someone having a higher rank then i am.

B. he is a man with honor.

C. he is being knighted by her majesty the queen.

And as far as i can see he is none of those

now name alone doesnt mean anything i know, but with his attitude as such, i just cant help myself thinking that way

Edited by 4 IN 1

Let's see ... no TrackIR in 1st person view, no leaning, no rain, no civilians, no animals ... there'll be funny reviews and comparisons between ArmA II and Dragon Rising after the release :D

After all these months I wouldn't buy Dragon Rising even it would be better than the ArmA series, simply because I don't like Codemasters. But true, that's only a personal opinion based on bad experiences. Doesn't matter for game quality anyway.

Naa that's not the same ... I want to see my fat body while walking around :D It simply gives me the feeling 'I'm in there' and not outside of the monitor. Well anyway ... even they would add it in a patch :) Nope, no way I'm gonna buy this. Maybe in few years when it's a bonus game on a game magazine dvd.

Let's see ... no TrackIR in 1st person view, no leaning, no rain, no civilians, no animals ... there'll be funny reviews and comparisons between ArmA II and Dragon Rising after the release :D

After all these months I wouldn't buy Dragon Rising even it would be better than the ArmA series, simply because I don't like Codemasters. But true, that's only a personal opinion based on bad experiences. Doesn't matter for game quality anyway.

And in the end OFP : DR will get excellent scores every where simply because its more something for the typical gamer that found the Arma games too complex ( and the orginal OFP too i guess ).

I already predict a 85+ score in Gamestar.

As sad as it is.

For a while i really waited for OFP : DR but somehow i lost faith quite a bit lately.

Edited by Shadow NX

Can't believe this topic was'nt locked months ago 8) course if u like to watch Soap operas i guess it makes good reading :)

Can't believe this topic was'nt locked months ago 8) course if u like to watch Soap operas i guess it makes good reading :)

I can't believe you found your way to the post button.

The Official Xbox 360 magazine gave the game 8 out of 10. I guess they literally haven't played anything more realistic.

The Official Xbox 360 magazine gave the game 8 out of 10. I guess they literally haven't played anything more realistic.

LMAO I rest my case.

Edited by Call_911

Well the only time that i would put "sir" infront of someone name is

A. someone having a higher rank then i am.

B. he is a man with honor.

C. he is being knighted by her majesty the queen.

And as far as i can see he is none of those

now name alone doesnt mean anything i know, but with his attitude as such, i just cant help myself thinking that way

I think Sir. is a clan/community (battlefield i think), all members have Sir in front of their name.

I think Sir. is a clan/community (battlefield i think), all members have Sir in front of their name.

Yup, they make pretty funny BF2/2142 videos. :)

Edited by MadDogX

It had become indeed a kind of soap opera :D Reading through different forums and news blogs just to be up to date can be really funny in these days. To be honest ... I'm only sticking to the whole topic of Dragon Rising because it's more entertaining to me to read the posts than to play the game :D It's weird.

When I first heard news about Dragon Rising (I guess it was 2007?) I had hope to open an OFP 2 squad for my clan. This is not an option anymore :( It's really sad. The bugged ArmA II release scared away a lot of people and I hoped for some new blood with OFP 2 as the last hope. Now it'll be up to OPA (Operation Arrowhead).

By the way ... wasn't there a similar "discussion" between ArmA I and Crysis in 2006?

Dont know that, as i just didnt play those games, even so, most of the time i see clans putting their clan name in their name they put it in between markings.

Edited by 4 IN 1

Yeah because all game are reviewed based on their realism level...

It's comparing completely different things. Maybe it got an 8/10 because it was fun? Why would Official Xbox 360 magazine care about realism!?

Just playing devil's advocate. But that is just so close minded and ignorant to think this game is going to be reviewed base on it's realism. That went out the window a long time ago.

It'll get good rating because :

- it'll probably run well without hard bugs (CTD, graphic glitches), and enough FPS, on most machines

- it'll be well marketed

- the search for realism won't kill the fun for the majority of "normal" FPS players

Edited by whisper

As long as it is marketed as a fun game instead of realism game it is fine, the problem starts when you look at the review and they jumping around waving their arms in the air saying "It is realistic" just because the name while the game is clearly made to be a fun game and are anything but realistic i.e RS:V

As long as it is marketed as a fun game instead of realism game it is fine, the problem starts when you look at the review and they jumping around waving their arms in the air saying "It is realistic" just because the name while the game is clearly made to be a fun game and are anything but realistic i.e RS:V

Exactly.

If it wasn't pretending to be the sequel to OFP and some kind of realism benchmark, it wouldn't be attracting half the negativity that it is getting. It should have been marketed as a semi casual tactical shooter (which is what it is) and it should have used a new and unique identifier (AKA - NOT Flashpoint).

Using the OFP name was a huge mistake and that will become more apparent when the game releases (and I'm NOT griping about the name here, but it will hurt DR when the game releases and everyone starts whining about how it's NOTHING like OFP).

There are actually people on the CM forums saying things like " I got my old copy of OFP out and installed it so I could get in the mood for DR".

All I can say is, oh DEAR.

Edited by BangTail

lol, i can't believe this thread still exists. You should all do what i did and take a break from gaming for a while, explore the outside world a little.

All this arguing and hostility about two different games is embarrassing. People actually offend each other on the Internet when they don't know them, simply to defend a game?

I feel stupid for all the posts i used to make in this thread.

Get a girlfriend that moves in with you and then you will spend more time online to get away from their damn drama.

Anyways, even Sir Polaris is losing hope in this game. There are no OFP/Arma vets left on their forums. The only thing left is a slow, methodical invasion of the forums by COD kiddies wanting "small maps" because "huge maps means you have to walk around until you find action."

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=380908

362 kb

Realistic...

1. PVP maps are limited to 2kmx2km areas, even some BF2 mods had 4 times bigger maps.

2. In COOP gamemode your team must stay within 275 meters of each other. So no helos and tank combat for you.

3. There will be no modding tools.

I think this means, that in coop you can not be further away from eachoterh than 275 meters ?

That spells out 'im an xbox game' to me.

Edited by W0lle
Image > 100 kb

Hm, I don't think that OFP: DR is "as unrealistic" as some people try to make it sound.

Of course, it won't reach ArmA 2 realism standards, but the game doesn't look to CS.

Regards,

TB

richiespeed13, DayGlow

If this pointless thread bothers you so much why not just stay out then instead of adding more nonsense to it?

Game__On

+1 Infraction point for your 362 kb picture.

All others

Enough now with the personal attacks, off-topic discussions, jokes and whatever.

This thread is about Dragon Rising, everything off-topic goes either to PM, email, instant messenger or even better keep it at yourself. Especially when your ideas are of no interest for the public.

Any personal attacks or discussion about the moderators over at CM are forbidden. If you got a problem with them, sort it over there.

Thread cleaned up a abit, back on topic - now.

Edited by W0lle

Hi guys. Have you heard that the game will now only ship with 4 of these 2KM x 2KM maps? Here it is.

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5641161&postcount=53

As a console player this will absolutely break me so I'm gonna have to save up to buy a PC and get OPA :D because I love OFP:CWC and I am really disappointed about this.

Edited by someguywho