Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² Discussion

Do you want first aid modules used in the Missions/Campaigns?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want first aid modules used in the Missions/Campaigns?

• Yes, please add the ability to provide first aid and drag wounded
    • No, please keep it as the original, without the First Aid module and only medics can heal

Of what mission are you talking, can you be more precise?

Skirmish. It's basically Clean sweep but with regular army infantry and it's on Malden? The name of it is Skirmish.

I am also having a problem with WarCry. After we take the town, there is no counter attack. The BMP's (that are supposed to attack the city) were killed by the Bradley's in the beginning of the mission. Also, did you guys mean to give the gunner control over the unguided rockets in the AH-64? As the pilot, i can't shoot the rockets.

That's how it is by default. Just use manual fire to shoot the rockets.

Switching to manual fire is a hassle when you're in the middle of destroying a convoy and a ZSU-23-4 is lighting you up. But for every other helicopter i can shoot the rockets as the pilot, just confused why the AH-64C is the exception. The AH-64D in the default game isn't like that, neither is the AH-1s in the mod itself isn't like that.

Switching to manual fire is a hassle when you're in the middle of destroying a convoy and a ZSU-23-4 is lighting you up. But for every other helicopter i can shoot the rockets as the pilot, just confused why the AH-64C is the exception. The AH-64D in the default game isn't like that, neither is the AH-1s in the mod itself isn't like that.

Hitting the ' key is a hassle? Huh.

You're not playing a mod, you're playing a beta. The mod isn't out yet.

The BMP's (that are supposed to attack the city) were killed by the Bradley's in the beginning of the mission.

If memory serves, there was a BMP at the beginning of the original mission, too.

Not only that, the shopper gunner control is not a fault of the CWR² beta mod. I have the same issue, however I firmly believe this happens when you install the Arma2 beta batch from ARMA2_OA_Build_101324 to ARMA2_OA_Build_108074 if I play the game without these beta patches I am able to switch targets and use weapon selections, if I play with the beta patches I am not able to do that.

The issue is in no cases mod related as far as I can tell it happens on vanilla installation + beta patching the above beta builds. I have tried and tested several shopper missions including the EW campaign all have the same issue, hence the fact that I tried this on vanilla installation with the beta patches applied but with no mods installed.

I use however some mods, this is how I spotted this problem at first the mods I use are in the need of CBA like the JSRS and blastcoreFX 2.1 and CBA needs at least beta patch ARMA2_OA_Build_100697, I also tried to roll back to previous beta patches from ARMA2_OA_Build_100697 to ARMA2_OA_Build_101245 the weapon selection and switch target seems to work but these beta patches do give a sqf or sqs script error on the communityconfigurationproject_e addon which CBA needs ...

anyway from the moment when i install ARMA2_OA_Build_101324 patch the issue with the shopper gunner controls are applied.

you are however still able to command fire with CTRL + left mouse click and you can do a weapon selection with CTRL + F but the weapon selection will roll back to plain gunner thus it has no effect, the TAB key to switch target doesn't seem to work and you don't have a weapon lock on tone eater, that is when those beta patches are applied ...

I also tried to find a CIT about this but I couldn't find anything related to this issue, I first thought this problem was on my end, maybe a faulty update by my self but when I think this trough if it works without beta patching applied to it shouldn't it normally work with the beta patch applied too? there seems to be something different but I can not spot anything in the ARMA2_OA_Build_101324.log nor later beta logs which relates to changing gunner commands on shoppers/planes control which uses co pilot gunners ...

If you have weapons selection issues or even target switch issues per my experience it is not mod related nor mission build related, I may be wrong tho. To solve it for now I installed mando missiles but I believe that mando missiles has no effect on the cobra shopper of the CWR² mod ...

best of regards

Edited by LiquitHQ
Grammar and additional info added

Hitting the ' key is a hassle? Huh.

Fine in the beta, every other helicopter gives the pilot control over the rockets, i'm simply saying it doesn't make very much sense for one (and the only) helicopter that gives the gunner the control. And yes it is a hassle, i shouldn't have to take my hand off of any part of the keyboard or mouse while, again, i'm being shot at by an Anti-Aircraft gun just to switch to Manual fire, fire a few rockets, then switch back. I've (or the gunner more commonly) died multiple times in the "ground attack II" mission because of this. You have to admit it doesn't make sense for every other helicopter to give the pilot control, except for one helicopter.

If memory serves, there was a BMP at the beginning of the original mission, too.

Yes i know that. I'm talking about the two that are placed far away from the city and are supposed to attack it. I know this because i could see the fire&smoke from far away and ran towards it to investigate.

Not only that, the shopper gunner control is not a fault of the CWR² beta mod. I have the same issue, however I firmly believe this happens when you install the Arma2 beta batch from ARMA2_OA_Build_101324 to ARMA2_OA_Build_108074.

That makes sense, glad i'm not the only one.

Edited by DeltaDog17

And yes it is a hassle.

Well, you're not going to get much sympathy from me about that. If you think that hitting the apostrophe key is too much work then we have no common ground and there is nothing to discuss.

The helicopter controls are the way they are because we're evaluating giving the pilots control of the rockets. Once we have made a decision, we will unify them.

Not only that, the shopper gunner control is not a fault of the CWR² beta mod. I have the same issue, however I firmly believe this happens when you install the Arma2 beta batch from ARMA2_OA_Build_101324 to ARMA2_OA_Build_108074 if I play the game without these beta patches I am able to switch targets and use weapon selections, if I play with the beta patches I am not able to do that.

The issue is in no cases mod related as far as I can tell it happens on vanilla installation + beta patching the above beta builds. I have tried and tested several shopper missions including the EW campaign all have the same issue, hence the fact that I tried this on vanilla installation with the beta patches applied but with no mods installed.

I use however some mods, this is how I spotted this problem at first the mods I use are in the need of CBA like the JSRS and blastcoreFX 2.1 and CBA needs at least beta patch ARMA2_OA_Build_100697, I also tried to roll back to previous beta patches from ARMA2_OA_Build_100697 to ARMA2_OA_Build_101245 the weapon selection and switch target seems to work but these beta patches do give a sqf or sqs script error on the communityconfigurationproject_e addon which CBA needs ...

anyway from the moment when i install ARMA2_OA_Build_101324 patch the issue with the shopper gunner controls are applied.

you are however still able to command fire with CTRL + left mouse click and you can do a weapon selection with CTRL + F but the weapon selection will roll back to plain gunner thus it has no effect, the TAB key to switch target doesn't seem to work and you don't have a weapon lock on tone eater, that is when those beta patches are applied ...

I also tried to find a CIT about this but I couldn't find anything related to this issue, I first thought this problem was on my end, maybe a faulty update by my self but when I think this trough if it works without beta patching applied to it shouldn't it normally work with the beta patch applied too? there seems to be something different but I can not spot anything in the ARMA2_OA_Build_101324.log nor later beta logs which relates to changing gunner commands on shoppers/planes control which uses co pilot gunners ...

If you have weapons selection issues or even target switch issues per my experience it is not mod related nor mission build related, I may be wrong tho. To solve it for now I installed mando missiles but I believe that mando missiles has no effect on the cobra shopper of the CWR² mod ...

best of regards

Very interesting information. Thanks for this.

That makes sense, glad i'm not the only one.

Well I am not sure that I have the exact same problem however when on normal 1.62 without the beta applied I can switch targets and change my weapon load to the co pilot, the pilot will also say exact witch target is selected and then hit fire with the left mouse button.

When I launch the beta patch the TAB switch target still seems to work but the pilot wont voice it out to the co pilot, to change weapon load out you need to hit CTRL + F, and to command fire you need to hit CTRL + left mouse button. This works only for the normal gun not the guided rockets.

Also the pilot will get 38 Hydra unguided rockets to fire without the need of selecting manual fire.

When you select guided rockets for the co pilot sometimes it switches back to normal gun without you ordering it and if the guided rockets finally are selected there is no lock on tone, if you commence firing the co pilot will fire but the missile will not guide toward the target, they fly strait away ...

on the other hand If you select manual fire and select the guided rockets then you still wont get a lock on tone but the missile seems to guide it selves to the target without a problem. the hydra rockets can not be fired when you are in manual fire mode ...

I just tested it out again a few times and when I finally got it under my knuckles I may think they changed it that way and it supposed to work like it works now "I only assume this I can not say that for a fact", so to use the guided rockets you will need to hit manual fire, the only thing that is strange I don't get a lock on tone when I select the target.

Maybe it is still up for improvements but I can say for a fact that this is certainly not mod related nor mission related.

anyway I hope it helps a bit ..

---------- Post added at 05:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 PM ----------

Very interesting information. Thanks for this.

Well I am still trying to figure it out, I am not sure if they meant to changed something along with the beta patch or not but I know for sure something is altered. I am not really a pilot player however I do like the EW campaign and I also know later on in the Cold war campaign you will encounter some air to ground missions and even when I am not a real pilot player I loved those missions.

So I was wondering what is going on and started testing, at this point I might think that the beta patch has made some changes related to how the weapons selection work and how you fire, I need to recall on the TAB function tho this still seems to work however this is not voiced out anymore in command and no lock on tone is provided like it is supposed to be when you use the guided missiles.

this is however only on manual fire mode, the guided missiles are not working when you select them on the co pilot, he still targets the target but the missiles are missing target every time you order the co pilot to fire, the main gun however does work properly on the co pilot ...

the thing is I lurked around to see if something was reported about this and so far zilch zero nothing reports not on the forums here not on CIT so I am still wondering are there only a few that spotted this or is no one using those latest beta patches :p

One a side not: "for what it is worth" I want to thank the entire CWR² team to give ARMA 2 this nice OFP experience, it will surely give us a lot more time in ARMA 2 even when ARMA 3 is close to release, anyway while we need to wait for those campaigns to be released we will have this ones to keep us occupied, I can say it is pretty close to the original one ;-) so any improvements you guys can make extra in addition what we already have gotten for free is a serious ++++ thumbs up :yay:.

best of regards

Edited by LiquitHQ
Grammar and additional info added

Unrelated with the latest messages, some news of the upcoming update of the BAF. Almost all bugs has been fixed, the mod will be soon to be released :cool:

Temporary changelog:

• Parachute Regiment infantry
  • Scorpion and Scimitar CVR-T
  • HC.1 Chinook
  • Reworked UVMaps for existing vehicles
  • L85 series weapons
  • Rifle grenades and grenadier for L1A1

Great vid!

Will there be a campaign or new SP missions along with it?

Very impressive teaser video indeed!

Question-- where did those extra props come from, like the nice desks and wooden chairs, etc? Are they part of CWR mod or something else? Buried within the vanilla game's object library?

Also, what software did you use to capture that video?

Hi h34dup,

and many thanks for your comments. (Wiki and Ei8ght too!)

Regarding the props, some of them are from the editor update (ED102 by Mikero), which comes with the CWR² mod. I believe the desks and chairs you mentioned are from ED102 pool of different furniture. Some are just the vanilla objects.

I'm using MSI Afterburner 2.3.0 to capture the video. So far it has proven to be the best (=fastest) option for me.

Great video !

Can't wait to donwload the mod as well updating some of my CWR2 missions, or making some new...

Hi h34dup,

and many thanks for your comments. (Wiki and Ei8ght too!)

Regarding the props, some of them are from the editor update (ED102 by Mikero), which comes with the CWR² mod. I believe the desks and chairs you mentioned are from ED102 pool of different furniture. Some are just the vanilla objects.

I'm using MSI Afterburner 2.3.0 to capture the video. So far it has proven to be the best (=fastest) option for me.

Excellent, thanks for the info and keep up the great work team!

Great vid!

Will there be a campaign or new SP missions along with it?

There will be 8 missions. All "Anglicised" remakes of OFP classic scenarios utilising the new gear.

:D

There will be 8 missions. All "Anglicised" remakes of OFP classic scenarios utilising the new gear.

:D

Stagler, you rock my world. Coop compatible? :yay:

When w0lle was still there, he asked me to make some templates.

I made all templates on Everon and some on Kolgujev - Will the CWR team use them?

Stagler, you rock my world. Coop compatible? :yay:

Sadly not Variable. They are SP missions from the old OFP days. You can expect such classics as Clean Sweep and Warcry :)

Sadly not Variable. They are SP missions from the old OFP days. You can expect such classics as Clean Sweep and Warcry :)

Clean Sweep ?

God. Yes.

I remember playing that mission over and over without getting bored haha. :o

Well I am not sure that I have the exact same problem however when on normal 1.62 without the beta applied I can switch targets and change my weapon load to the co pilot, the pilot will also say exact witch target is selected and then hit fire with the left mouse button.

Also the pilot will get 38 Hydra unguided rockets to fire without the need of selecting manual fire.

When you select guided rockets for the co pilot sometimes it switches back to normal gun without you ordering it and if the guided rockets finally are selected there is no lock on tone, if you commence firing the co pilot will fire but the missile will not guide toward the target, they fly strait away ...

on the other hand If you select manual fire and select the guided rockets then you still wont get a lock on tone but the missile seems to guide it selves to the target without a problem. the hydra rockets can not be fired when you are in manual fire mode ...

I just tested it out again a few times and when I finally got it under my knuckles I may think they changed it that way and it supposed to work like it works now "I only assume this I can not say that for a fact", so to use the guided rockets you will need to hit manual fire, the only thing that is strange I don't get a lock on tone when I select the target.

I don't understand, I don't have the same experience you are explaining. I can only fire the (With the AH-64C from the "beta") 38 hydra rockets on manual fire, if i don't switch to manual fire the gunner has control and will only fire if i aim the helicopter at the target. I am not having this problem with the Cobra in CWR2, i am not having this problem with the default cobra, i am not having this problem with the AH-64D, and i'm not having this problem in Eagle Wing. Could it be Mando Missile pack? Because that is the only mod i am running this "beta" with.

I don't understand, I don't have the same experience you are explaining. I can only fire the (With the AH-64C from the "beta") 38 hydra rockets on manual fire, if i don't switch to manual fire the gunner has control and will only fire if i aim the helicopter at the target. I am not having this problem with the Cobra in CWR2, i am not having this problem with the default cobra, i am not having this problem with the AH-64D, and i'm not having this problem in Eagle Wing. Could it be Mando Missile pack? Because that is the only mod i am running this "beta" with.

As far as I know mando missiles uses its own custom controls, and I believe mando missiles wont have any effect on the AH-1S MC cwr² helicopter as it is not meant to be used as a modern gunship like we know it now.

Mando only has effect on the more modern day gunships. I doubt that it will cause huge problems "tho" I tried it a few days back and it seems to work properly, even on the AH-64C from the CWR² beta 5 release but like said mando missiles uses its own custom key mapping and was made to be used on vanilla aircraft's or similar modded aircrafts build with the sole purpose to use the core settings of mando missiles.

So mando might or might not conflict with the settings of the shoppers build for CWR², the only way to find it out is to disable mando missiles and test it I guess.

edit: yes you can only fire the Hydra rockets your selves from the AH-64C with manual fire activated, even when mando missiles is not installed. I just tested it out, however I don't find it a huge problem to hit manual fire to fire them tho.

the only issue I had with the missiles, "was" when I was firing the guided rockets the controls seemed to be different, after installing the latest beta patches I was not able to press just F to command my co pilot to switch weapon load out nor was I able to command fire to my co pilot with only one left mouse button press, now I need to Select weapon load out wit CTRL+F and to command my co pilot to fire I need to press CTRL + left mouse button. The guided missiles are not locking on properly nor do I get a lock on tone when I want to command my co pilot to engage those targets.

anyway, it is different from when I used the normal 1.62 official update of Arma2, but I am able to evade that problem by just pressing manual fire :p, so all works out well for me after all ...

best of regards

Edited by LiquitHQ