Sign in to follow this  
.kju

CAA1 public release

So in order to ue Sahrani in ArmA2, what do I have to do? Tried DL'ing several of the mirrors in this thread, and all of them seem to be dead....

Well we've made a PEW file and it works, we've gotten approval from BI to mod it in there. Our map guy says he still needs the layer config file which BI says they'll look in the archives for... If not another guy on our team (the one who made the PEW file) says he should be able to re-create the layer config file too if we can't get the original.

We should be good to go to start editing it in Visitor in the next few weeks!

OH and just an FYI our map guy says he's able to load it in Bulldozer for Arma3 but not Arma2. Arma3 bulldozer will allow no layer config apparently. Although I think he can just look at it.

Excellent!!!

I can upload and link you a download of the Sahrani only map which was separated from that pack ChrisB linked.

If you want it send me a pm.

can't remember where I can find all the 10 SP scenarios of ArmA 1.

I know there were released by kju at the same time he made the addon, but can't find the link...don't remember where I found it...

Check page 109 post#1088 second paragraph "here" is a link to Floffy's mission file with all the campaigns.

Here's a link: https://mega.co.nz/#!h0owATSJ!Leg9plEP9tDwUe4qcyOj8wG_tik5c4Z86Kro8hFJdyM

nevermind, just found them...

BTW, is it possible for you to release the ArmA 1 campaign WITHOUT any external addmod - short of CAA1 of course!

Edited by Wiki

nevermind, just found them...

BTW, is it possible for you to release the ArmA 1 campaign WITHOUT any external addmod - short of CAA1 of course!

If you wanted a closer representation of ArmA I, those extra addons are needed. The reason being is that ArmA II defaults much of the models to just ArmA II stuff, so additional addons are needed to attempt to make it accurate to ArmA I in terms of vehicles and units.

I'd also like to apologize for not updating my efforts in a while. As I said a few weeks ago I was planning on moving, and I'm still getting used to the area. Applying for colleges, getting transfer papers, and looking for vocational work are all tearing into my time right now. I also don't have a convenient place to work on PC yet (I have to build a desk) so to prevent feeling physically frustrated and getting grumpy at the timesink this needs, I've decided to halt my efforts until I have a more cozy work space for the project. The last thing I was doing was still toggling Queen's Gambit - Royal Flush, but I think I'll simply go back to the previous two campaigns and clean up the audio, and then figure out the briefings. I at least know the first two campaigns are playable. Each mission in the last campaign looks like it all has to be redone for the setup ArmA II uses, and I am incredibly unfamiliar with that.

EDIT: Someone on this forum already caught my attention to a German build of the campaigns made before I took a role in this. Not surprisingly, they seemed to have polished a lot more off than what I was able to, with the only set back being that the side missions have now been omitted to focus on the conflict. The direct issue I have here is that the content is now in German; I'm not sure if it's right to ask this but can anyone help me with translating it into English? Also, it looks like they hit the same issue I did with Queen's Gambit; only the first two missions were completed. It's literally after the second mission that the campaign starts implementing a shop system, as well as a system that takes into account if any of your mercenaries die. I figure these systems, like the map selection in the first campaign, simply do NOT work in ArmA II. I think that demo will be all we see of the final campaign unless someone finds a big solution that can span the main bulk of missions. Omitting shops doesn't work as the game has cutscenes and events during these missions.

Edited by Foffy

Hey folks, I've come here with good news and a catch. I've since gotten into contact with SHJStudio and after looking at all he's done, I am currently ending my efforts to convert the campaigns. I think he's done a more refined job on the work, and in fact has finished Royal Flush. It still has some bugs; the biggest being that your group is almost always hostile, even to other friendlies. I think this is because he's grouped the players unit as Blufor and as you're allied with the SLA Partisans, they're automatically Opfor. This means that they'll always be confronting with one another, and this breaks so many missions. I'm bringing that up here in case any of you guys know a workaround to this. I'm not sure if SHJ has the time (the language barrier has been an issue, as he only knows German and I only know English) but I figure I might as well use my time to help solve these kinks. Anyone have any idea on how to solve this? Would switching East to West (or vice versa) fix this?

The catch here is that his campaigns offer slightly less. He's converted Sahrani Conflict, Rahmadi Conficlt, Royal Flush, and some Scenarios. The only things lacking from ArmA I is that Sahrani Conflict has all of the side missions removed (the map system is busted 100%), and of the 10 or so Scenarios, there's now 6, and one of them used to be a side mission from Sahrani Conflict. You can play all of these except Royal Flush in the link I made in the post above this one, though they're all in German. I plan on translating these, or to find out if SHJ reset them to use strings as he did with Royal Flush, making the need for a translation unnecessary.

Sorry to those who were looking forward to what I was doing, but truly, SHJ accomplished a lot more than I did, and his work updated the game to feel more modern, realistic, and balanced. I strongly suggest you try his campaigns and compare them to what I did, and you'll see his are more polished.

My "servicing" efforts don't end with this, as I've said before. I plan on translating his Red Hammer campaign for CWR2, as I know a lot of people have asked for that.

Edited by Foffy

Take a look at this thread for trying to make groups get along:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?154691-Scripting-to-have-Blufor-and-OPP-want-to-kill-CIVs

Can you clarify when you say "the map system is busted 100%).

I almost can't believe it but we got the layer.cfg from BI, so we should be able to edit it head to toe from here on out. I'm trying to get hooked up with our map guy in the next night or two to get all set up and map out our plans.

Take a look at this thread for trying to make groups get along:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?154691-Scripting-to-have-Blufor-and-OPP-want-to-kill-CIVs

Can you clarify when you say "the map system is busted 100%).

I almost can't believe it but we got the layer.cfg from BI, so we should be able to edit it head to toe from here on out. I'm trying to get hooked up with our map guy in the next night or two to get all set up and map out our plans.

The map system lets you choose side missions, and despite the Description files showcasing where and what you should be progressing with, when completing these sidemissions the game actually doesn't take the completion of the mission into account at all. You can effectively redo the same mission an infinite number of times. Also, the game is supposed to take into account a system where doing or not doing these missions effects the main skirmishes; this too doesn't work. Someone would have to make an entirely new system to take all of this into account, and that seems to be too much work. I don't know how to do it, and neither does SHJ, who I'm leaving the updated releases of the three campaigns to. SHJ has plans of redoing the shop in Queen's Gambit and placing the whole system on a timer instead of money, because the money system doesn't work in ArmA II either.

Well, I was hesitant about posting this till we had EVERYTHING, but it would seem we will be getting the balance of what we need in due time, however we have recvd the Layer.cfg file for Sahrani from Bohemia.

Our first order of business will be to give back the Arma community and making it 100pct playable/usable for mission makers in Arma 2. All going well we will do all the road replacement to A2 roads, fix all the slightly mis-placed buildings, and convert the grid coordinate system so artillery computers work... This should resolve a LOT of the problems you're having.

We should have the balance of the files in the next week or so!

I applaud you!!

And BIS!

So looking forward to finally have a 100% Sahrani ingame again :)

Got the final confirmation that all the permissions are OK, we should have the rest of the files next week to start the map editing, and then the buildings shortly after so we can open them up. We're VERY honored to have been given this opportunity!

That's great news.

I applaud you!!

And BIS!

So looking forward to finally have a 100% Sahrani ingame again :)

Agreed!

Hello, and I'm sorry if I'm repeating old queries. I've downloaded the version from Armaholic and Sahrani is lacking a lot of buildings. Ive downloaded the Yoma sync and only get 'folder not set' even thought I set and re-set it many times. Are the servers still working? What should I do?

Hello, and I'm sorry if I'm repeating old queries. I've downloaded the version from Armaholic and Sahrani is lacking a lot of buildings. Ive downloaded the Yoma sync and only get 'folder not set' even thought I set and re-set it many times. Are the servers still working? What should I do?

Don't think there are too many full time active Sahrani Servers up besides the DayZ ones, that will likely change though once we complete our map port, We did in fact receive the source files from BI, and are hard at work getting it all working in A2!

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?155076-WIP-Sahrani-Arma2-Port-Arma-1-Buildings-Project

FYI when I DL'd the @Caa1 package I had a lot of problems, I ended up DL'ing if quite a few times, and then extracting it a few times as well, I kept getting errors on some of the files when extracting which caused them to not function right when going to launch Arma.

hey guys looking at hosting this map on my server but with signatures set to 2 it say the server doesn't have the keys. i've copied the key from the caa1\key folder. server runs fine (some error pop ups) but would like to have the signatures set to 2. any help would be greatly appreciated.

thx.

Hi!

I tried hosting on my ded. server and I get "..oac_core.pbo not signed by a key accepted by this server."

What's the problem?

oaccorev0.2.bikey download from Six Updater Portal

After not having played Arma 2 in some time, I've come back to quite a nasty surprise.

For some reason CAA1 content seems to not load properly anymore, and I'm getting load errors.

Does this have to do with the 1.63 patch? Is there anything I can do to work around this?

Does anyone have the following pbos please?

caa1_r_a2_clutter
utg_oac_core

Gunter Severloh kindly provided a link a long time ago, but I seem to have lost the files.

On 2/6/2019 at 8:59 PM, medusacadenza said:

Does anyone have the following pbos please?

caa1_r_a2_clutter
utg_oac_core

Gunter Severloh kindly provided a link a long time ago, but I seem to have lost the files. 

I have uploaded the utg oac core here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/wrt2yu2zve35jpp/utg_oac_core.zip
and here you have the clutter replacement:  http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8497  <----- do not worry this link is already updated I have given the file to Foxhound and it has been uploaded again.👍

• Thanks 1