.kju

Community Made Addon: Ka50

Tomorrow ;(

I've decided to release a video on behalf of USI Shinobi, (Because he is banned and can't do it himself :j: ) that pertains to this mod :D Enjoy it.

Watch in HD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aETXvhqsNc

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aETXvhqsNc&hl=en&fs=1&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aETXvhqsNc&hl=en&fs=1&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

Edited by Demon~OS~

Make a mod folder, name it @ka50 , Open that folder, while inside this fold make a folder named Addons , Download the .rar files and manually copy & paste them into the folder ,following that make a ARMA 2 shortcut on your desktop, right click, go to target make it say this "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -mod=@ka50 -nosplash . or what ever your path is to your arma folder....Remember: you should always have a @mod folder , and inside that mod folder there ALWAYS has to be a folder named " Addons " otherwise the @mod command start-up will not detect any "addons"

Edited by Demon~OS~

Do I need this for it to work?

OAC_core

And if yes, where do I find it?

@demon: still doesn't work.

no you dont.

Tried a clean install and added this:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -mod=@ka50 -nosplash

Still doesn't work :(

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

Ok, it worked! THANKS A TON GUYS!

I've decided to release a video on behalf of USI Shinobi, (Because he is banned and can't do it himself :j: ) that pertains to this mod :D Enjoy it.

Yery big thanks for this cool vid :yay:

This enabled me to check the Ka50 in high settings for the first time :)

BR,

mike

Has this been updated yet??, as its still not working /visible in editor after an update of OAC today

That is strange. It works for me. Did you make sure to have only the new oac_core.pbo

loaded?

That is strange. It works for me. Did you make sure to have only the new oac_core.pbo

loaded?

I assume so...its the one that came down with yesterdays update from the site:confused:

EDIT...I see the problem...BOTH oac updates were in the folder,one cancels out the other.I just deleted the older one and all is fine now.

Edited by 343rdBadger

If you're gonna release a new version of this addon, please change the geometry lod in the .p3d. It's really hard to fly.

this is very good, a single-seat KA52 (this) was much needed

Whats up with the main chain gun being fixed static ? Was that made that way or am i doing somthing wrong ? I can get the gun sights up but it wont move at all !

Whats up with the main chain gun being fixed static ? Was that made that way or am i doing somthing wrong ? I can get the gun sights up but it wont move at all !

It's an engine limitation of ArmA. You can't both be the pilot and manoeuvre a turret at the same time. Thus the turret on the Ka-50 is fixed, even though it is on a limited traverse IRL.

It's an engine limitation of ArmA. You can't both be the pilot and manoeuvre a turret at the same time. Thus the turret on the Ka-50 is fixed, even though it is on a limited traverse IRL.

Um that sounds like a load just look at gdtmod_helicopter_weapons Ive used it to fly and man the gunner sights in the AH1z and others Besides ive had the Ka50 in ofpr and been able to use the gun sights and move the gun pos while the heli is static Thats what AUTO HOVER is 4

Oh, I'm not saying it can't be worked around. That's how the engine works however. Period.

No one has made such workarounds for the Ka50 though.

So, if you make a virtual gunners seat(just like the UAVs model) which you can't get into as a player, by the aid of gdtmod_helicopter_weapons you will be able to control the cannon.

Of cource the model has to be worked on as well to make the gun move.

Could you possibly do this? Because I would really like to have control over the gun on a Ka50 as is in real Ka50.

Edited by TOTAL22

Well i guess that answers my question. QQ It was made that way. Pitty , This is alovely bird but reamins broken due to that one niggle.

sorry to bring this up again, but would it be possible someone could edit the cannon on this & configure the GDT mod along side it so we could have a semi-moveable cannon like in real life? I've got MMA script working on this as well.