Sign in to follow this  
Richieb0y

NEW! Ati Drivers 9.8

Thanks for the links. But here comes the BUT, the guys at this thread do have heat problems with their cards. Artifacts are normal when having heat problems. The artifacts people with ATI cards get at Arma 2 seem not to be heat related.

QFT, the problem is NOT hardware related, it's a coding problem. 1 of many. The only ones that can fix the game are BIS.

The game is GOOD at the moment, and will be GODLIKE when they patch it. If you can't live with that ...close the door on your way out.

When the game is finally fixed in 2 years, it will be dated. Not "godlike". IDIOT.

The arma vets vagina's ache when you talk bad about this game. Just ignore them.

9.8s didnt do anything for me, but I got an increase with my other games as usual. This game just runs shitty, period.

QFT, the problem is NOT hardware related, it's a coding problem. 1 of many. The only ones that can fix the game are BIS.

When the game is finally fixed in 2 years, it will be dated. Not "godlike". IDIOT.

some can argue the opposite, lots of people including me don't have artifacts or crashes, so it could be hardware related.

mine has never crashsed, no artifacts etc, i do get recieving bug sometimes tho, i noticed it comes in clusters, didnt get any for weeks,then suddenly 4 time today!

some can argue the opposite, lots of people including me don't have artifacts or crashes, so it could be hardware related.

Mine hasnt crashed or had artifacts, I have a 4850, but ArmA II is still unoptimised and the fact that people accross the board are getting performance issues makes that a fact. If BIS would focus on improving the performance and fixing bugs like shadow issues, broken lods etc then A2 will be a great game, atm A1 is superior and I find myself playing it more which I dont see changing for awhile atleast.

Mine has never crashed or had artifacts even when I had the gtx260. I did notice that my card would run VERY hot when playing and that I had to use riva tuner to increase the fan speed. Default was 25% and NEVER increased until I used rivatuner.

The new 9.8's don't do nothing performance wise for me.

mine arma 2 has never crashed or showed artifacts

it only showed artifacts when i was OCing the card and it dint have much volts.

when i pumped up de volts it was gone but in stock speed its all good

You are at Windows 7 AND your card has 1 GB videoram. We have seen people with Windows 7 dont get artefacts AND people with 1 GB videoram dont get them too.

mine arma 2 has never crashed or showed artifacts

it only showed artifacts when i was OCing the card and it dint have much volts.

when i pumped up de volts it was gone but in stock speed its all good

Your card has 1 GB videoram. It seems cards with that much videoram do not show the artifact issue at Arma 2.

Your card has 1 GB videoram. It seems cards with that much videoram do not show the artifact issue at Arma 2.

I cannot agree here. I have a 1GB GPU (ATI) and I have also experienced artifacts. Although, I must admit, only with a certain setup. My most significant problems have been the slow-loading textures.

I also dont agree that it is hardware related. On the other hand, what I see here often is people with Win7 having no problems while others (Vista and XP) do.

Looking forward to BIS QUICKLY fixing this:o)

Are you sure about that? Are you sure which one of you is actually the IDIOT??:p Take a look at some of the older games out there still thriving (ie: OFP , NWN1 , Far Cry 1 etc. etc.).

Game play is phenomenal , players are still putting out mods for them and even the newer games even with their updated graphics , can't seem to hold a candle to them.

Graphics are just simplistic eye candy .Take a look at the renderings in an actual RL simulator where the emphasis on realism rather than how many leaves you can count on a tree.

ArmA2 will live long after many other "graphically enhanced" video game suck their $$'s out of you (how was Crysis for you?? How about Far Cry 2??) and fade into oblivion. ArmA2 has MUCH more potential.

But then , what the hell does this have to do with ATI drivers... :confused::rolleyes:

I can't even install the driver, or a more recent driver then "9-3_1_legacy_xp32-64_dd_ccc.exe".

My Windows is XP SP3 X86.

I don't understand why i can not install any recent driver.

While installation i get this error that refuses to continue the instalation.

Error message:

"The installation program does not find a compatible driver with your hardware or actual operational system."

Any ideas why this happens and is there a solution for this problem?

PS- I would like to use a more recent driver (im using a 9-3_1_legacy_xp32-64_dd_ccc.exe at the moment)

EDIT: Does this new driver support my ATI X1950pro 512mb?

Edited by bravo 6

EDIT: Does this new driver support my ATI X1950pro 512mb?

No m8. Your card is too old. :(

Decided to give these a try, I never had problems with artifacting other people are experiencing but these drivers gave me quite a nice boost in performance. At least 10-15fps.

Edit: Should mention, using vista64 with a phenom 8650 and hd4850.

Edited by boogada

ATI is too busy fixing older games like crysis and 9.8 is still addressing performance increase for crysis! how about new games AMD?

No improvements for me whatsoever.... *thumbsdown*

Problem must be on the side of Arma2 anyway.

Have the new ones now, loading screen and everything with text on top of a back ground is all blury:mad:

Uninstall, reinstall including Arma II and still have fuzzy text.

Cant believe it

th_arma22009-08-1811-23-01-07.jpgth_arma22009-08-1811-23-31-28.jpg

went from 9.6 straight to 9.8's. I can confirm a slight increase in FPS from 30 to around 35ish.

@SNR

Are you playing at your native res on your lcd?

yes i am 1400

Its only where there is text, ingame screen is fine in game items such as radio commands and ammo count all the text is fuzzy

---------- Post added at 03:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

Good news

I'm suspended so i cant respond to ur thread about the 9.8 drivers lol, right click on the desktop go into the catalyst control center, and go into 3d and change the tabs from performance to quality, that will solve your problem :D
This worked unsuspend this great man, worked a treat:)

So changing mipmap detail from high quality to quality does improve performance?

Regarding the fuzzy text issue.... I had this with warhammer online after changing drivers, it was most odd, all the text was like i needed glasses, I couldnt work out if it was me or the game lol as everything else seemed fine..

Anyhow soon as i deleted all the cache for the shaders and the games profiles and put it back to basics it all corrected itself.. Never had that happen before but thats what fixed that game at that time for me regarding 9.8 cats...

No improvements for me whatsoever.... *thumbsdown*

Problem must be on the side of Arma2 anyway.

your such a downer... did your parents try to loose you at a beer garden when you where 7?

Anyways, 9.8 best driver yet for ARMA2 and me. thumbs up! Problem must be on the side of user anyway.:D

your such a downer... did your parents try to loose you at a beer garden when you where 7?

Anyways, 9.8 best driver yet for ARMA2 and me. thumbs up! Problem must be on the side of user anyway.:D

I don't care at all about your childish attack. :rolleyes:

Fact is that i have no improvements here whatsoever with the 9.8 over 9.7.

I'm with a HD4890 Toxic 1GB, but yet still i have to play the game with a lame "-winxp" switch beacuse BIS is not able to fix the memory problems (again, like with Arma1).

And this "-winxp" switch, like many others of its "users" too, costs me around 5-10FPS which is of course huge in Arma2.

So whenever i pull out 4 GB of my ram (not a real solution) i have the game fluid running without the lame winxp switch.

Now call me a downer again, even though i'm not responsible for this problem at all! ;)

I have gone from 45FPS avg to 52FPS avg with 9.8 and my settings set the same for both tests. This is a huge gain for Arma2 so I am very happy.