Sign in to follow this  
Fortran

F-117A NightHawk - Alpha Released

Outstanding work! :clap:

Very, very nice & detailed cockpit!

Really looking forward to fly this beauty! :inlove:

MfG, Medicus

I usually don't praise addons, but I just have to comment some more on this one. I'm speechless... incredible progress. In my opinion, this may just be the best single vehicle addon in the history of ArmA/OFP.

Seeing this great plane addon reminded me of an old addon I was working on. It is the bis harrier with an improved model and whatnot, but the main thing was I tried to implement some stuff like high-G frame buffeting, basic pilot G-force effects and parallax free huds. I also wanted to simulate the way a pilot's head moves when the plane is off keel or going into a dive/climb. Would you be interested in including something like this in your mod? It could be integrated into your scripts pretty easily if you are already calculating aoa or gforces. I would tone down the effect a bit, it is kind of exaggerated in the video:

NS4ZLoITTes

Sakura Chan, I've actually been dabbling with the same thing hung off the BIS aircraft vapour AOA calculations and using ArmA 2 post-processing effects. I think your effects look very good (better) but how about making such a thing apply to all members of the Plane class rather than one aircraft at a time? [sorry to go OT Fortran.]

You have to edit each plane to apply the animations. In this example the joystick is even animated to move with the flight controls. You could do the gforce effects without too much hassle though.

Well done authors,

I always preferred 3rd person view, but with this cockpit....

heh why doesnt this guy work for bi 0.o

fkn amazin stuff there m8 cant wait till u release it.

( be awesome if ya can squeeze some more spare time into a b2 and a sr-71 to complete the stealth planes collection :P )

and that g-force thing u where working on sakura looks awesome too, makes dogfights more interesting :D

just a few words.

I like very very very much the work you are doing...

Abosulty: Brillant!!!

congratulations

:yay:

Stunning to see what may await us in future within AA2 ... sure you will have followers for this is quite a great example what AA2 empowers the user.

It's gaming 2.0 at it's best!

What I think is most interesting with what Fortran and Sakura are showing here is that the BIS aircrafts are crap compared to how they *can* be done in ArmA without a ridicilous amount of extra effort. BIS just got a new standard to meet in Operation: Arrowhead.

What I think is most interesting with what Fortran and Sakura are showing here is that the BIS aircrafts are crap compared to how they *can* be done in ArmA without a ridicilous amount of extra effort. BIS just got a new standard to meet in Operation: Arrowhead.

You are one cheeky bastard inko, but you are indeed right ;)

You have to edit each plane to apply the animations. In this example the joystick is even animated to move with the flight controls. You could do the gforce effects without too much hassle though.

Hi Sakura,

How did you create the mirrors? Are they made by using render to texture features?

Appreciate your input, great work!

BIS just got a new standard to meet in Operation: Arrowhead.

It won't happen. At least not until BIS will have a competitor who could steal their customers with such new features.

*Dragging the topic back to track :p

Anyway, no comment beside two big tumbs up.

Like Rock and i were chatting about your work some days ago, amazing to see what you have pulled off in this short amount of time knowing you are sort of new to the BIS engine. Please keep it up.

Nice to see that it will probebly turn into a pretty high poly model with high quality textures (you don't hear me complain ;) ), but also with the amount of animations and additional /new features, the bar of expectation has been raised again. Community work from the past that was superior in those days became the standard of current days etc. Lets hope BIS can follow up, but BIS never claimed to be a flight sim (although i hope one day...).

heh this sorta quality add ons i be willing to payfor, hopefully they actualy put some more effort into arrowhead.

Also hope they fix drivin n shizzle :/

Wow that looks very cool Sakura, was interested in implementing something similar but to imitate mainly just acceleration on the head motion on the Z-axis. When I have everything finished up and I focus again on getting the script set tidied up and finalized I would be interested to try and include something along these lines if your open to letting me have a look through the script your using ? Anyway very cool work indeed!.

Thanks alot to everybody for your kind comments. Just a mini-update seeing as im posting this reply. Have finally got the 3D hud working, although still want to add the player defined waypoint to it (same as shown in the MFD video). Ignore the 2D components, they need to be fixed. 2D will show AirSpeed/AoA/VSpeed/BarioAlt/RadarAlt in various locations (including the 2 boxes). 3D components show Attitude ladder, bank indicator, bank scale and heading.

f117a_hud.jpg

Wow! Fantastic! Like a real simulatror (fsx)! Great Work! I think this will be best aircraft for arma 2! :)

WOW

Can you add a radar function to it like this

or integrate the DLIR image into the cockpit?

Edited by MatzeOGH

Just saw the WP adding...

Very cool to be able to setup that before heading out on the mission. HUD looking great as well.

BIS take notes. :)

Alex