.kju

Community Made Addon: Mi-28

Nice work!

But there is a small problem: in the armory it gave me the transport troops misson and I could transport 8 soldiers with it.... its pretty weird from an attack helicopter and there is also an option "ride in the back" however there is no interior.. you can see through the model.

But apart from that it's a really nice addon!

Easy to fix, it was inherited from Mi-24P

SWEET!! I have been waiting for a Mi28. I downloaded it, and really want to try it out.

Just one thing, any chance that there might be an Arma I version, for those of us less fortunate? :(:cryy:

Can you post a pic, please?

I used the A1 Ka50 as reference and developed the animations in A1... because I lack an A2 version plus the matching hardware on/in my rig :rolleyes:

Here you go:

gyroerror.jpg

it flys very well, the pilot & gunner seat could use a little more detail, other than that its great. keep up the good work.

Thanks Leopard :)

Added the mirror to the wiki.

SWEET!! I have been waiting for a Mi28. I downloaded it, and really want to try it out.

Just one thing, any chance that there might be an Arma I version, for those of us less fortunate? :(:cryy:

Actually, because I am also less fortunate, I have an A1 version on my rig. I will wait for a possible A1 release until the actual issues have been sorted out.

Duno if anyone else is getting this but when i stand outside the helicopter and look at it, it says mi-24. As if the helicopter was a hind. Other than this, this is an awesome addon, really nice textures too.

I found a bug. If you're in third person mode inside the Mi-28 and you hold alt to look directly on top, the game will crash.

I did some more testing:

- Due to the small of vision in the cockpit, the rotors tend to get too much in your face when flying within cockpit view.

- I tried to do some more high speed manouvering and the bird's flight model feels less agile (not native English, don't know if that is spelled correctly ;-)) than it should after extended testing. I think it should be on par with the Apache manouverability, but it is not.

- Rockets stay in the pods after firing (external view), it shows always a full pod (both wings)

Edited by p75

ArmedAssault.info Mirror and News:

9956224.gif

Optional Replacement :

DOWNLOAD - Mi-28 Replacement - [2,50 KB]

We have also added this release to your personal author profile

If a release or contact information is missing, feel free to drop a PM, it will then be added.

And here is the BBCode if you want to add our Mirror to your release post :

[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&game=1&id=1008][img=http://www.armedassault.info/mirrorgen2/9956224.gif][/url]

[b]Optional Replacement :[/b]
[url=ftp://ftp.armedassault.info/armad/addons/oac_r_mi24_p_mi28_rus_c_cma.7z]DOWNLOAD - Mi-28 Replacement - [2,50 KB][/url]

If you prefer a text only BBCode please copy and paste the code below :

[b]ArmedAssault.info Mirror :[/b]
[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&game=1&id=1008]DOWNLOAD - Community Made Addon: Mi-28 (v.2009_07_31) - [16,1 MB 7z] from ArmedAssault.info[/url]

[b]Optional Replacement :[/b]
[url=ftp://ftp.armedassault.info/armad/addons/oac_r_mi24_p_mi28_rus_c_cma.7z]DOWNLOAD - Mi-28 Replacement - [2,50 KB][/url]

The required addons list in missions is determined by CfgPatches. As long as they don't change this, PBO name is irrelevant. However if you reference any files, say for example call any scripts inside the PBO, you would have to use the PBO name in the filepath. So changing the PBO name could break things that way. You can solve this by initializing all your script filepaths into global variables (that don't change) and never using the actual filepath outside of the PBO.

Thanks Big Dawg KS, I had a feeling that was the case but wasn't completely positive.

Duno if anyone else is getting this but when i stand outside the helicopter and look at it, it says mi-24. As if the helicopter was a hind. Other than this, this is an awesome addon, really nice textures too.

With replacement yes. It's labeled MI-24 when targeting it, and it also carries fuel bombs etc. The bombs are 3 on each side but you can drop only 2 (1 from each side). Looks a bit weird as well.

But never the less im sure they know about this, and its a bloody good start. Enjoying this heli enormously!

Alex

I havent got the replacement though, I just have the regular addon and it says mi24.

Bug report:

Crash to desktop while in 3rd person mode using the freelook and going around the helicopter in a vertical way (going all around it - 360 degree)

please put that on dev-heaven, and give more details, such as rpt file, driver used etc etc

please put that on dev-heaven, and give more details, such as rpt file, driver used etc etc

Already put it on Dev, before posting here. What I did was circling the helicopter in 3rd person view with the look around buttons - left, up left, up, up right etc.

Driver: Nvidia 180.48

Already put it on Dev, before posting here. What I did was circling the helicopter in 3rd person view with the look around buttons - left, up left, up, up right etc.

Driver: Nvidia 180.48

Seems to be an issue about the ViewPilot's AngleX's limmits (-90..+90). The default should give protection from malfunction:

class ViewPilot: ViewPilot {
		initAngleX = 10;
		minAngleX = -45;
		maxAngleX = 80;

First of all, thanks for this addon.

Are you planning to give it normal textures? Like in RL? And more detailed? That red star on sides breaks all the immersion. And will the cockpit be more detailed in future?

Anyway, you've given a lot of pleasure for my russian soul with your effort.

I'm working on an improved texture and shader, but I'm currently stuck with the reflection map not showing...

The cockpit is WIP too.

When i was playing with this earlier i noticed that the FLIR addon works with the gunner must be because it is classed as a MI24 it works and goes

perfectly with the MI28