.kju

Community Made Addon: Mi-28

Are all the included files for ARMA2?

I ask cause I don't see an ARMA1 config listed in this pack, so all files go in my A2mod addon folder. This version doesn't seem to have it's rockets available for firing.

Am I missing something?

Not sure why there'd be an ArmA 1 config file in there, it's all for ArmA 2. And the rockets are in the pilot seat instead of the gunner's seat. :)

The latest two releases are a2 only due to the texture compression and super shader used.

The pilot is meant to fire unguided rockets in the Mi28 according to various people. :)

Ok, I see what it was. The rocket option seems to disappear once you select manual fire. I usually take control of all weapons when piloting an attack chopper.

Should I be able to bring down an MI-28 by shooting the windshield ,with an AK? Don't they use bullet proof glass?

Great helo all in all , a real monster in the sky :) Also the sound really sells it ,making me run for cover in terror.

Ok, I see what it was. The rocket option seems to disappear once you select manual fire. I usually take control of all weapons when piloting an attack chopper.

Yep, that sucks! Please change that.

Yep, that sucks! Please change that.

You don't need to have manual fire option to fire rockets :eek: use it to: 1. control cannon manually 2. fire missiles manually 3. quickly prevent gunner from shooting. FFARs are by default assigned to pilot, so gunner is not bothered by them anymore. Assign a key to manual fire so you can do it quickly.

This prevents gunner to switch to FFARs from cannon by AI bug. Additionally you can fire FFARs and gunner can take targets out with cannon simultanously.

Edited by zGuba

You don't need to have manual fire option to fire rockets :eek: use it to: 1. control cannon manually 2. fire missiles manually 3. quickly prevent gunner from shooting. FFARs are by default assigned to pilot, so gunner is not bothered by them anymore. Assign a key to manual fire so you can do it quickly.

This prevents gunner to switch to FFARs from cannon by AI bug. Additionally you can fire FFARs and gunner can take targets out with cannon simultanously.

Thanks for the hint. Gonna try that.

Is CAA1 necessary for this addon now? As the interior looked really odd...I will make a picture or two tonight to show what I mean...

The current super shader is a bit over the top at the moment (I cranked up the values because I couldn't see it ingame with the old tools) and I'm tweaking it now to make the reflection and specular power more subtle and realistic.

Did you made any progress concerning the big glossy effect ? the last update forgot actually this aspect.

Thanx

Only thing that drags down a point on this otherwise superb helicopter is the inside windows and its gloss. You see that sky/ground effect going around as you fly and it really annoys at times. Would be superb if the gloss could be turned off from inside only.

Maybe not possible though at this time without redo a lot. But would make the best even better IMO.

Oh and thanks a lot for the latest version! Damn it rocks. :)

Alex

Did you made any progress concerning the big glossy effect ? the last update forgot actually this aspect.

Actually, yes, but I'm so busy with work at the moment that I haven't had time to advance much on this or send the new files.

issues:unable to lock targets;unable to zoom

Strange. I can lock targets as the pilot (using manual fire) using the ATGM missiles.

Many thanks for this... i really hope to see more Ruski stuff in the future... ;)

How does the AI get on with this? I might drop it into Domination.

the AI responds beter in this chopper than any other chopper I've seen, Even the pilot AI uses the FFARs that are under his control, its a very well put together chopper, possibly best in-game atm.

Cool. I'm thinking that with the AH-64 coming soon, this would make a good counterpoint.

Initial feedback (will do more extensive testing later):

Good:

- Handling is a joy.

- 3d model looks really great in Arma 2 except for the straight rotors.

- Sounds are statisfying.

Improvements/recommendations:

- Rotors are straight, something which is not realistic at all. It looks awful when flying (both cockpit and external view) and ruins the else great model.

- Finishing the 3d cockpit.

- Adding a target and weapon system as on the level of the Apache HWM mod. There target and weapon system model is beyond believe.

- FLIR.

Great work!!!

Grtz

Same critism, But very good work. Please show us more of your talented work by completing this addon. I would do it and try to help you but I know nothing about modding, textureing or modeling the object using oxygen.

Again it looks really good so far, just a few things need to be fixed/added. Thank you Digital Centurion, EricM, JasonO and modEmMaik for getting it this far, again I want, but know next to nothing for modding, model creation or texturing..

Edited by zolop0

Could be updated to make use of Mando's addon? Maybe that includes work for Mando as well? I know nothing of addon making either im afraid. The KA52 gets MMA TV plus flares etc. Might be possible to activate it for the great Mi28 as well.

It is indeed a superb addon and i love it to death. :)

PS. Is it in ACE? I have to check hehe...

Alex that Mi28's Mando Missile setups are already included within MMA full setup.