.kju

Community Made Addon: Mi-28

Still no protection for the crew.

one single rifle shot breakes the glass and kills the pilots.

Previous versions textures at "normal texture" setting was very crisp. The new makes the textures blurry. The new version is the proper i guess though since thats how textures look at some distance. The Mi28 looks sharp when getting up closer, but i kind of liked it as it was before, and it proved that even for people like me that has to play on "normal" could enjoy sharp textures from a far. :)

Bit bad comparison images, but i didnt think of the textures before i replaced with the new. I had 1 image though so i could show. You can see the difference on the camo edges. Both screens taken at same distance.

OLD

old_ver.jpg

NEW

new_ver.jpg

Eric , the reflections are less and i think it looks better now :)

arma22009080308142395.th.pngarma22009080308151017.th.pngarma22009080308173401.th.png

Edited by RobertHammer

The texture looks frikkin' amazing in RH's screenies, really. If we get THAT ingame, it really makes all the hours of fiddling with the model without proper blueprints worth it :D

Alex and eric i just spotted the new rvmats are not workin ingame its caused by old A1 binarizing

btw can you pls , make these "red" parts visible when heli is started/flying

havx.jpg

Because in RL these parts are visible and nicely rotating ;)

@RJ : Thanks for the feedback and screens. Though I PBO'd it manually and the rvmats were not binarized...

@Alex : That's weird, because the new map IS sharper, more detailed and less grungy. It could be a mipmap issue when converting to paa, or a side effect of the new normal/specular/supershader...

@Digital Centurion : I'm happy you like the new maps and shaders. The new normal and specular make the surface rounder/less triangulated (with subtle bumps and creases to catch the highlights and shadows, and make it more realistic) while the the new reflection map really makes it alive. Too bad only RH can see it at the moment! As you can see, your efforts on the model weren't in vain !

Thanks alot great mod, but they keep killing pilot very fast and the main gun ammo is very low is there a way we can increase the ammo its holding?

Edited by fidai

@Alex : That's weird, because the new map IS sharper, more detailed and less grungy. It could be a mipmap issue when converting to paa, or a side effect of the new normal/specular/supershader...

Ok. Textures look very good up close, but the previous version was crisp to me even at far wich was a new thing to me as most BIS textures do look blurred at some distance. So the Mi28 was the first and only vehicle i had with super textures even from far.

Well see what you come up with. So far it hasnt disapointed me apart from the blur on the super textures. And if it takes to get better hardware - well that something i need to do anyway. :)

Thanks for all the hard work guys. You rock.

Alex

Ok. Textures look very good up close, but the previous version was crisp to me even at far wich was a new thing to me as most BIS textures do look blurred at some distance. So the Mi28 was the first and only vehicle i had with super textures even from far.

Well see what you come up with. So far it hasnt disapointed me apart from the blur on the super textures. And if it takes to get better hardware - well that something i need to do anyway. :)

Thanks for all the hard work guys. You rock.

Alex

I reported the effect you seem to appreciate as a bug. the texture looked not only crisp from mid to far distance but also fuzzy. Also if every unit had this ability, the game shall have severe performance issue as progressive blurryness and LODs allows to save hardware ressources.

Edited by NikoTeen

wow this is a truly spectacular addon. One note. the version with Fabs on it. The bombs are laid over the missile racks. Looks a little odd. Still its a spectacular looking addon.

I reported the effect you seem to appreciate as a bug. the texture looked not only crisp from mid to far distance but also fuzzy. Also if every unit had this ability, the game shall have severe performance issue as progressive blurryness and LODs allows to save hardware ressources.

I didnt take it as a bug. I thaught the guys came up with a way to make textures sharper. They removed it and made it look as all the other vehicles wich implied to me that something was wrong with the first releases. Not that it was a bug, but that they went a way that wasnt proper.

It was a little fuzzy, but thats probably due to that you didnt test to "clamp" the AF. Or did you? I forgot it myself.

Anyways. All is good. ;)

Alex

Great work.:ok: thanks EricM & all.

... but I found a small mistake:).

Inscription on a tail...

...it is wrong: "ЛопаÑтей неÑущего винта".

114-albums34-picture490.jpg

...correctly so: "ВращающийÑÑ Ð²Ð¸Ð½Ñ‚".

114-albums34-picture491.jpg

Edited by alesh

Anyone else having this problem , dying fast with small fires and how can i edit the ammo for the chopper?

Noticed a glitch by the nose cone where the mesh isn't properly done. The bit that seem to hold the body and cone together is just a rotor blade in the background.

Awesome sounds in the cannon now by the way!

scaled.php?server=518&filename=mi28bug.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=480

Edited by Inkompetent

Hello!

I bought the game 2 days ago and i found this chopper yesterday, but when i installed it and try to use it i get an error message " Invalide crew soldierEpilot" any sugestions about what to do to get this exellent machine to work ?

Do NOT use the A1 = ArmA I config for ArmA II.

Do NOT use the A1 = ArmA I config for ArmA II.

Thanks alot, i deleted the config files, realy nice modell! thanks alot! :D

Edited by MG92

Just a short note to say that I got the super shader's reflection to work ingame and it looks ace. The thing is I used an older unbinarized version with a standard pbo structure (only one PBO with subfolders) and it did the trick.

Hence the problem of the current version not getting reflections is whether related to the binarizing or the fancy multi-pbo structure...

Hm so far I only binarzed the p3ds and maybe the config.

However the rvmat are probably merged into the p3d. Any way to avoid that and

still have a successfully binarzation of the p3ds?

seems like binarizing addons with the current binpbo breaks the new super shaders. so if u wanna use the new shaders u cant binarize it

Great work, but will something be done about rotor blades? They look pretty hideous and intrusive, especially in cockpit view (compared to BIS stock helicopters).

Is cockpit still WIP?

Will you add flare countermeasures script to this beauty?

@ RedRage

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/2000 - Centurion is working on it from what he said.

Flares will be available via CAirSP (Community Air Systems Project).

---------- Post added at 06:34 ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 ----------

@ rstratton

So there is now way having the p3d binarized, without the rvmat? Are you sure?