Sign in to follow this  
mcruppert

Star Wars Stormtrooper

well how could I resist, space map....

Tiepack_spacemap.jpg

@Eclipse4349 McRuppert has many many models and is in the process of moving them to Arma2.

Some rebel troopers and storm troopers are available for download already.

well how could I resist, space map....

@Eclipse4349 McRuppert has many many models and is in the process of moving them to Arma2.

Some rebel troopers and storm troopers are available for download already.

;( I need those TIEs so badly.

;( I need those TIEs so badly.

I haven't been able to devote enough time to anything arma2 for a long while.

I might as a stop gap, just release the Tie Fighter and Tie Interceptor as alpha's so people have something to use.

The weapons are very much a WIP and don't work that well :) I was also waiting on MrRuppert to finish up the tie Pilot as these all need to go together etc.

Southy

i haven't been able to devote enough time to anything arma2 for a long while.

I might as a stop gap, just release the tie fighter and tie interceptor as alpha's so people have something to use.

The weapons are very much a wip and don't work that well :) i was also waiting on mrruppert to finish up the tie pilot as these all need to go together etc.

Southy

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Hi, those Star Wars units look very good. Let's C ya

ok guys i give you the chance to make a little wish list for new units to create...i need some ideas at the moment...

Star Wars related: MTT (droid carrier) and/or an Imperial probe droid (unmanned or manned, either way though remote controlling would be pretty cool)

if your just looking for anything awesome..

Dune related: Fremen, Sardaukar, an Ordos laser tank

A Predator (maybe wait for thermal vision from OA), an awesome tech suited soldier http://www.hardwired.hu/img/wg/2/1268/Command_Conquer_FPS_25.jpg , 40k troops, or District 9.

Just throwing out some ideas >.<;

hehe ok sry i only mean star wars units...and only stuff from movei 4-6....would be to much to do 1-6

McRuppert, more vehicles would be awesome. That way when you have a pack it'll be loaded with new vehicles. ;)

Can you update the first post with a list of what you've done so far? One thing that comes to mind is a land-speeder. It should be able to be done as a tracked vehicle.

EDIT: I should say land vehicles. Since it's more of a coop thing. It would be fun to be a squad of Stormtroopers and sit in -and on- one of those vehicles in the first (Ep3?) movie and cruise around.

EDIT2:Ok I've been away from Star Wars for a while. lol. land-speeder=speeder bike and the vehicle in the first movie= land speeder. LOL! Also for the land speeder it would be cool to add some mount points on the hood so more players can sit there and ride along. ;)

If really ambitious:

2009L_Vehicles_TurboTank.jpg

Edited by Rexxenexx

Aw well only 4-6... hm def still the probe droid especially if its actually hovering and uav terminal controlled would just be too cool. I dont know if you want to include creatures but bullet resistant wampa would be kinda cool to kill and a big sand crawler with some jawas that can repair friendly vehicles would also be sick. for complete snow map some of those turrets would be pretty cool with rebel soldiers in snow uniform, with tauntauns perhaps.. Will keep thinking on it

I'm not sure if they are on the list but these are the things I would like:

maps such as: Tatooine, Endor, Death Star (with outer part for space battles), and Correllian Corvette interior. Republic Clone Troopers, officers, movie characters (Com Veers), AT-AT, AT-ST, AT-PT, AT-TE, TIE Fighter, Bomber, Advanced, Interceptor, ARC-170, V-Wing (Republic), Separatist planes, and finally jedi with lightsabers. :)

I'm not sure if they are on the list but these are the things I would like:

maps such as: Tatooine, Endor, Death Star (with outer part for space battles), and Correllian Corvette interior. Republic Clone Troopers, officers, movie characters (Com Veers), AT-AT, AT-ST, AT-PT, AT-TE, TIE Fighter, Bomber, Advanced, Interceptor, ARC-170, V-Wing (Republic), Separatist planes, and finally jedi with lightsabers. :)

Just to name a few :eek: hehe

Big question. From earlier screens it would seem that you've done some buildings which would sit well on a tatooine map.

A Rancor would be sweet but, animation wise?

There was a speeder bike released in OpF. It was a little hairy to ride though.

Is Eble still doing the Tie Fighter port?

I think working landing pads would be sweet, lifts, lights etc. Like the ones on Endor, again someone could surley whip up a forest moon map. Not me of course, so its easy to say that.

Static objects, ships, buildings, things to help with immersion when creating a mission would be sweet.

Man I dont know....

what can be done for the empire side? ok ATST and ATAT but you know that isnt that easy:)

ok the speederbike is in work...but what else?

here a pic of luke and han at the deathstars prison

lukehan2.jpg

lukes head made by toshi, han by Clod

what can be done for the empire side? ok ATST and ATAT but you know that isnt that easy:)

ok the speederbike is in work...but what else?

Nice job :bounce3: .

For the empire, maybe add a turbolaser tower that could be used in defending imperial ground bases etc. ? The model wouldn't be that complex so I guess it's a more realistic wish than the 27162 requests before.

Also imperial walls/bunkers, but I think I've seen some you created before.

http://www.starshipmodeler.com/events/wfest2k3/veh1_015s.jpg

A complete battle of Hoth would be awesome. Some rebel/imperial snow troopers, ATAT, rebel turrets and bunker, and a wampa would be sick.

Lol this is gonna be awesome. Make an Alpha release soon because the MP community is fading really fast! I'll try to rip out a basic MP destroy target mission on release.

Lol this is gonna be awesome. Make an Alpha release soon because the MP community is fading really fast! I'll try to rip out a basic MP destroy target mission on release.

Yes please!

There is nothing fun to do in MP, we need something fresh!

Is it the animations needed for the legs that make an ATAT hard??

The animation is a piece of cake, ArmA2 has no model similar to a horse that has two source axis at the top of the two pairs of legs. So the best that can be done is animate the walk cycle and cover your eyes when the ATAT transitions to a hill from a plane. :D

EDIT: HEY I just got an idea! I don't know if it'll work, but maybe you can try chasing/tracing the ground with the main body by using a tank model/code and then attach the legs always pointing straight down and animate the walk cycle. It'll still look a bit odd on uneven surfaces but you can maybe add smoke particles when the feet are closest to the ground in the cycle. That's the best way I can think of doing it. Test with primitive boxes before you model seriously. Really excited for this mod w/ or w/o the ATAT.

Edited by Rexxenexx

The animation is a piece of cake, ArmA2 has no model similar to a horse that has two source axis at the top of the two pairs of legs. So the best that can be done is animate the walk cycle and cover your eyes when the ATAT transitions to a hill from a plane.

Well, we have the dogs and cows models. Unfortunately BIS hasn't released the MLODs.

Hmm well that seems promising. Good luck with that, would love to help but he, well. Got no idea.

Well, we have the dogs and cows models. Unfortunately BIS hasn't released the MLODs.

But you can open the .p3d's with Eliteness (OLOD).

You can't see the model but you can see the different LODs, the named selections, the materials, the proxies, the textures, model.cfg and the config.cpp.

Maybe it helps?

Maybe you can use the CowSkeleton as base for the ATAT.

the ATAT should work like a vehicle and not like a unit so i had the idea to make him as tank and then animate the legs with rotations animation...

the problem is that one leg doesnt just go forward and then back in one step, its like it goes forward and then slowly back till all other legs did this animation and then repeat this step...also one leg has 3 parts which move....

here a little move

by the way this atat robot rocks :)

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 PM ----------

two little pictures showing luke as jediknight

luke1.jpg

luke2.jpg