Sign in to follow this  
mcruppert

Star Wars Stormtrooper

This is OT i guess but the Ties completed so far are the Tie Fighter and Tie Interceptor (still to finish quad laser), they have spec/normal and super shaders applied.

I want to add a basic HUD (similiar to the F-14).

The addon has another 8 different weird and wonderful tie fighters all fly but are missing animations (some) and weapons.

I'll be sending a copy to McRuppert tonight/day depending where you are.

Maybe its time for another thread, but what about the "finished" TIEs?

Didnt you get permission by Acacyn?

Btw: http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/3159/scoutnew.jpg

@McRuppert: Id be happy to apply the new helmet to the old scout trooper model. Just need the helmet MLODs.

Edited by Altimeter

Maybe its time for another thread, but what about the "finished" TIEs?

Didnt you get permission by Acacyn?

Btw: http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/3159/scoutnew.jpg

@McRuppert: Id be happy to apply the new helmet to the old scout trooper model. Just need the helmet MLODs.

The two almost completed Versions were the 'Tie Fighter and Tie- Interceptor.

without the release of the 'Tie Pilot and something to fight I put the ties on the back burner.

The original OFP addon had several more versions and I never finsihed those, but they are working etc.

The Lasers were very experimental, I used to play Xwing vs Tiefighter (an old but very good game) and I based the lasers on that, but the Arma2 engine has it's own limitations.

I'll have a another quick look and see if an Alpha release doable.

The two almost completed Versions were the 'Tie Fighter and Tie- Interceptor.

without the release of the 'Tie Pilot and something to fight I put the ties on the back burner.

The original OFP addon had several more versions and I never finsihed those, but they are working etc.

The Lasers were very experimental, I used to play Xwing vs Tiefighter (an old but very good game) and I based the lasers on that, but the Arma2 engine has it's own limitations.

I'll have a another quick look and see if an Alpha release doable.

Ah thanks. Uh whats the problem with the tracers? I liked the way they were in OFP, and as far as I know ArmA II actually allows tracers to be definied more advanced then in OFP.

EDIT: Ah excuse me. The ones in OFP where rockets. They looked cool there, but I figure in ArmA they would be ugly because no proper glowing effect could be applied. (Yeah I know, EVERYTHING glows in ArmA 2, but I meant that special laser-glow...You know what I mean :D)

Edited by Altimeter

@McRuppert If you made this an open source mod project, you could still have control over the subversion releases and development if you wanted. The plus side is that you will have a ton of people helping you with everything. This means you wouldn't have to spend nearly as much time working on your mod and it would still get released to the public as long as you kept good oversight on it.

Please don't abandon this mod McRuppert. There are a lot of people interested in this still.

hi there

i started packing everything up to one new beta addon...

but first i have to delete some bullshit out of the folders and rename all units cause of copyrights...also have to get some big bad errors done...

and after that all i will upload some of the units

Awesome McRuppert! I'm totally still interested in it! For sure I'd make some fun missions w/ this mod. Can't wait! ;)

hi there

but first i have to delete some bullshit out of the folders and rename all units cause of copyrights...also have to get some big bad errors done...

and after that all i will upload some of the units

I love you.

Excellent. After the "Galaxy at War"-disaster during OFP I thought there was some curse on Star Wars addons :D

I just read through every single post and now to get all this way with such exitment about all that work you done McRuppert, and it is no where to be found :'(

How can you do all that and tease everyone and not release some of the addons lol, i would be happy with an ATAT that just stood there hehehe jk. Painful and distressing it is indeed holding off seeing this project come to a finish............Beware of some crazed star wars/Arma fanboy coming to your house begging(or worse lol) you to release the addons that have been done thus far lol.

It is all such good work, this really should be picked back up and completed ASAP!!

I wish i had your skills, i would gladly do my best to help complete the work if i was able :(

If there is anything I can do to help speed things up? I will make the time :) Just have to ask.

ps: Not trying to be rude at all, just very very enthusiastic about the project!!

Edited by JAG_ACE
added more

Jag Ace your being very Rude you know that You can't Demand Someone to speed up there work. Great work McRuppert Looking forward to Kill some Battle droids with Stromtoopers. Danke McRuppert.

Edited by Shinra123

I dont think i was being rude at all, you sit and read everything from this thread start to finish, then get near the end and read the one where he said he may not finish, it almost breaks the heart after spending 2 hours reading and having all exitment smashed into such a depression.

I dont think i was being rude at all, you sit and read everything from this thread start to finish, then get near the end and read the one where he said he may not finish, it almost breaks the heart after spending 2 hours reading and having all exitment smashed into such a depression.

You obviously skipped the first post of this page. Try not to cry...you'll still get to play with them.

Abs

then get near the end and read the one where he said he may not finish

Where did you read that he may not finish?

this is what he said hes doing:

also have to get some big bad errors done..
after that all i will upload some of the units

where in all that does it say he wont finish?

Sounds like an elf in Santa's worskshop is busy to me.

He will get done what he gets done, this sort of stuff takes time, as soon as you rush things like addons and mods,

espeically building them you run into errors and problems that create further delay.

All you can do as a fan is either sit back and wait for a release and be happy your getting something on someone elses spare time and energy,

or find a way to help if they need help, and or ask for it.

If you really wanted to help then send him a pm and ask how can I help, and this is what I can do.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

hey there,

no at the moment im not working on the mod, its nearly dead. i dont have the time and i dont want to do anything for it. I can not tell you guys when its done or if i ever will finish it, im sry.

This is the quote i was talking about, but anyway no worries lol im getting all exited and am gonna have a heart attack soon lmao Go McRuppert Go!!!.

Like i said before if you want i can spend many hours hunting down sound samples or images or anything you need if your looking for some help.

I do know what it can be like, i spent almost 3 years with Bless The Machine aka Bomber and Dangermouse aka BaronGreenback working on the mods for OFP Elite on xbox, we got allot of the pc stuff to work on that console but was somewhat of a nightmare with some of them, here are some of the vids i made of some mods for the modded xbox.

I got so into it i never had the time to play OFP on the PC lol

Edited by JAG_ACE
spelling

How was Jag being rude and how did he demand anything? He offered to help if you would read his post.

How was Jag being rude and how did he demand anything? He offered to help if you would read his post.

running_late430x300.jpg

Oh, look at the time!(...and date)

You're late.

Abs

Late for what......it's a forum. But, by your notion of forum guidelines, you were right on time. Congratulations.

Is this OA compatible? It only works for me with vanilla Arma 2. When loaded with OA, the legs are all crushed up into the body and the model is sunk into the ground. Am I missing something?

Late for what......

The discussion. They were talking about that over two months ago.

Is this OA compatible? It only works for me with vanilla Arma 2. When loaded with OA, the legs are all crushed up into the body and the model is sunk into the ground. Am I missing something?

What happens if you try it in CO? Also, are you using any other mods?

Abs

Yeah, I saw the date of the posts, still, it's a forum. I don't believe it has an expiration date.

Whatever it was doesn't happen anymore. Today it's working fine. Just a temporary glitch I guess. If you're still keeping tabs on this thread McRuppert, then I wanted to say your stormtroopers turned out really nice. Better than I expected given the limitations of the Arma engine. I would like to suggest a voice pack though, the built in voices sound odd coming from a stormtrooper. Also, the NVG are kinda funny looking when worn. Is there a way to make them invisible when worn by someone wearing a helmet?

Another side note: How the hell do you get the stormtroopers to appear in the bluefor faction? I've tried for the last 2 hours. I can't even figure out how they are showing up in the independent faction. There is nothing in the config that denotes which faction/side/class they are listed on.

Edited by Perineum

Easiest workaround is to add a blufor unit (ie: marine) to the map. Then group the stormtroopers to the marine. Then delete the marine.

Alternately, you can change their sides in the mission's sqf file.

Abs

Just found this thread by means of new posts today. The screenshots are great so far.

I could imagine having a StarWars TC on Arma2 would be a blast, so to say. Just imagine having something like the sands of Tatooine and Mos Eisley, some vehicles .. phew.

Just found this thread by means of new posts today. The screenshots are great so far.

I could imagine having a StarWars TC on Arma2 would be a blast, so to say. Just imagine having something like the sands of Tatooine and Mos Eisley, some vehicles .. phew.

Unfortunately I think this project has died... but check this video out anyways, in case you haven't seen it.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1626419&postcount=490

ZOMG, I'm speechless O_O. I nearly fell of my chair. Wth ... and this project is dead? :-((((((((((((((((((

There's a quote somewhere on here from the OP stating that... let me see if I can dig it up.

And yes, simply amazing work so far... Who would have thought I could play in my sandbox with my Army toys AND Star Wars toys?

Let's just hope it really hasn't died.

EDIT - here's the post I was referring to.. http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1716200&postcount=566 :(

Edited by Mosh
found quote