Sign in to follow this  
Mark XIII (DayZ)

HiFi - Single Sound Modules (Weapons BETA released!!)

These are really amazing sounds! However I have one problem, whenever i use this with ACEX_SM, some of the HiFi sounds don't override the ACE sounds, so far the SAW and the M240 sounds are still ACE, anyway to fix this? And yes I have put HiFi after ACEX_SM in the shortcut, still doesn't work :/. Any help would be appreciated.

Again thanks for these amazing sounds guys.

Should i delete HIFI and HIFI EXTRAS?

:confused:

Sure, if you want to uninstall the addon... :confused:

Should i delete HIFI and HIFI EXTRAS?

Yes you can. They are the old Beta 1 files.

This soundmod is absolutely amazing!!!

@HiFi Team

many thx for your efforts

Good job - nice pack overall! :cool:

Could you have a look at the VSS config;

drySound[] ={"\HiFi_VSS\VSS_Dry",0.000316228,1,1900};

reloadMagazineSound[] ={"\HiFi_VSS\VSS_Reload",0.0562341,1,1900};

must be a typo. (i´ve got good results setting reload and dry sounds for small arms at 0.1,1,20 ± 10)

Just to let you guys know IF noone posted it already. If I use sound for UH1 I get "ErrorMessage: Invalid crew Civilian". Everything else seems to work fine.

Dunno if anyone else has this problem, didn't see it anywhere. But when a AH1Z/Apache fire the hellfires I have no impact sounds same for the A10 with mavericks no impact sounds, I hear everything else tho.

But I gotta say hearing those bullets poping over ya head is damn sweet keep up the awsome work.

This is becouse it requires the Little Birds from A.C.E. 2.

Remove: "@HiFi_Air\AddOns\HiFi_AH6.pbo" to slove this problem.

Remove: "@HiFi_Weapons_Long\AddOns\HiFi_PMSD.pbo" to slove this problem.

I removed these but my game still crashes with "Invalid crew Civilian" popup

Is there still more to be deleted without ACE2?

Good that you are reporting, I will take a look at it. The state of this unplanned release was beta test, so you are all beta testing now :)

Even is it can be annoying for you I must say I dont mind right now as its easier for me to know what to fix :D At last I can do some good for MarkXIII's HiFi (I been away so much + my own projects so I have abit of bad consciousness).

Hi,

Seems things got alittle messy.. You see this is why I normally don't do beta's. But on the other hand as Andersson says the feedback regarding bugs has been brilliant. I'm really happy the majority of the community taken this release for what it is, still a shame to see comparisons made and the whole 'my generic sound mod is better than HiFi' thing.. but thats gonna happen regardless.

This, in some ways is rougher than anything I've done before 'No readme's, etc'. But, I'm more than happy with the sounds, they stand on there own.

Now KH Cross last night updated the regular and Yoma links with Anderssons fixed modules. Thx Cross ;)

I'm going to state now that there will be NO more regular mirrors after the next set of fixes, at least from KH or myself. Wether you guys like it or not, Addonsync works for me best in the way I can keep updating it myself and simply create a changelog. Time I spend typing, is time I can be editing simple as that. Besides, we're not stopping anyone uploading it somewhere after they have grabbed it off addonsync, the only issue with this is making sure things stay uptodate....

Anyways, sorry for the mess ;)

I hope you enjoy the chaos we made :D

Edited by Mark XIII

Thanks Mark and andersson. I'll try this addon it as soon as possible.

Thanks for all your efforts.

I just uploaded a quick video for some of the most common BLUFOR weapons:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBvzBajUqCQ

We're currently testing some more sounds at SR5 and hopefully post more soon.

Great mod, amazing work!

The A-10 feels like a destructive demon in the air now.

Hearing one of its attack runs is like a sugar rush, only for ears :)

Just installed Beta 3 but still getting a ctd on start with message "Invalid Crew Civilian", Back to Beta 1.1 I guess for the time being...........

thx for beta 3 ;)

no regular mirrors that is very sad but i understand you...

I hope the finial releas comes with a regular mirror.

givs a hope to update with six updater?

Thx

I just uploaded a quick video for some of the most common BLUFOR weapons:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBvzBajUqCQ

We're currently testing some more sounds at SR5 and hopefully post more soon.

Great mod, amazing work!

The A-10 feels like a destructive demon in the air now.

Hearing one of its attack runs is like a sugar rush, only for ears :)

The M240 and the SAW sounds are from ACE though, the HiFi sounds don't override them for some reason, I have the same problem :(

But this is the best soundmod I have come across, it does so much to improve the game!

Just installed Beta 3 but still getting a ctd on start with message "Invalid Crew Civilian", Back to Beta 1.1 I guess for the time being...........

Just to continue with the mess; the errors announced after my update yesterday is not fixed and included..

Will be done, disable problem addons for now.

Just as info:

Today I made configs for put, throw, mines and pipebombs, also all handheld launchers (with ammo (flysounds and stuff like that) and hits). I also made all arty.

MarkXIII will work on this, I will fix my fuckups and errors and some day released.

The M240 and the SAW sounds are from ACE though, the HiFi sounds don't override them for some reason, I have the same problem :(

But this is the best soundmod I have come across, it does so much to improve the game!

Personally Im only doing this for vanilla now. Get that working first.

Might be that MarkXIII has another guy doing configs for ACE?

Edited by andersson