Sign in to follow this  
mattyh1986

How Satisfied with Arma2 Are you??

How Satisfied with ARMA2 are you!?  

1194 members have voted

1. 1. How Satisfied with ARMA2 are you!?

• Extremely , Awesome game! no problems what so every
    • Good game, Some problems ive managed to over come now running smooth
    • Some problems but I just deal with it and get on, game is still enjoyable
    • Love the game but problem are sucking the fun from it
    • Completely unplayable, want my money back, desperatly need patches!
    • Given up will never buy BIS products again.

Sometimes a game is released in a right mess, but you can still love it. Boiling point, anyone ever buy it? Its was broken at the start, badly, but I loved it to bits. Im not sure what that says about my taste in games?

Anyways, I think people who played arma, or maybe didnt, really got their hopes up, and expected a masterpeice on the day of release. Its exciting, reading up about your most wanted game, looking at screen shots, reading previews. Re-playing Ofp and Arma, and dreaming away. You invest more than your money (hardware), you invest a little peice of your self. So when the box arrives, and u get it installed, and WTF ! It all comes crashing down.

Thats whats happened, on paper the concept is fantastic, huge play area, realistic warfare. Cool weapons, you name it. The reality for many, though not all has been bugs, low fps, freezes, AI just no doing what u want, units falling through floors, complex gfx configs and options. Poor hardware recognition. Ugly HDR, Blur, Headbob. Mouse lag, stuttering, black screens. No AA, Fill Rate, No scalability, Not utilising all cores, blury textures, lod pop up, z fighting, Fan boy slagging, noob bashing, team killing.............

Nice going guys. The poll results thus far will only make game companies release crap now and fix them later because the polls show that we're willing to accept that as the norm. Does ARMA have potential? Yes it does. It will be an awesome game when it's fixed. Its not fair that us PC gamers with great machines who love the hobby had to spend all weekend toying with settings, tweaks, reading forums, installing drivers, etc. How many times did you all reboot since you got ARMA2? I'm sure the devs knew that we'd do anything to play it with decent frame rates and without problems and I feel that we've been taken advantage of. I hate that this is the norm nowadays. This type of crap will kill PC gaming. Waiting for ARMA2 to be released was painful and now that its here I feel that I'm wasting all my free time just trying to get it to work in an acceptable way.

this game has been released for us mugs to fix?

I am running all vis settings at Highest, accept for no AA and no AF. 1024x768x32. My vid card is an 8800 GTX, 2 gigs of ram, and a 3 gig AMD dual core cpu. Game looks awesome and so far, runs very nicely. No lag, etc. The Steam release runs way better than the demo for me. I did set the render frames ahead in my control panel to 8, as apposed to the default 3. Using the 180.48 drivers as well.

Oh yeah, my postprocessing is set to Highest, and the 3D rendering thingy window is set to my rez. Fyi. View distance = 3600.

Edited by Shataan

Turning HT Off should help!

HT is off also using maxmem and winxp targetlines and nothing helps.

My videocardtemp is 78c ingame so that aint it either. 182.50 driver

CTD's are random it can happen after 3minutes but also after 50minutes or longer.

I like it but its full of bugs and needs serious help,

What pisses me off is what is going on these days and not just by BIS.Supposedly having a beta test team for months and yet they do not seem to do a dang thing in catching bugs because when these games are released they are full of serious ones that no way in heck could of not been caught before release.I think its very lazy and unprofessional to release something without proper testing and leave us(the consumers) to do the beta testing.:rolleyes:

I am running all vis settings at Highest, accept for no AA and no AF. 1024x768x32. My vid card is an 8800 GTX, 2 gigs of ram, and a 3 gig AMD dual core cpu. Game looks awesome and so far, runs very nicely. No lag, etc. The Steam release runs way better than the demo for me. I did set the render frames ahead in my control panel to 8, as apposed to the default 3. Using the 180.48 drivers as well.

1024 with no AA.. thats how we ran OPF back in 2001.

I bet you cant tell the bad guys from the bushes in the distance :D .

I love the OpF series to bits, but it's always been a one-way masochistic relationship where the plethora of bugs means I suffer mental abuse and my PC suffers physical abuse.

However, the game runs acceptably for me in high detail on my couple-of-years-old rig (Intel Core2 6600 @ 2.4ghz, 4Gb RAM, 9800GTX+).

Of course there are no problems running at that resolution with that type of card. On my 30 inch dell, which is capable of running at 2560x1600, I have to resort to running the game in a window at 1280x720 just so it doesn't give me problems. I'm convinced that people who aren't having any problems are running the same resolution as you are. Its the people with SLI and 8GB of memory running Windows7 64 are the ones that are having the most problems.

---------- Post added at 11:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 PM ----------

I like it but its full of bugs and needs serious help,

What pisses me off is what is going on these days and not just by BIS.Supposedly having a beta test team for months and yet they do not seem to do a dang thing in catching bugs because when these games are released they are full of serious ones that no way in heck could of not been caught before release.I think its very lazy and unprofessional to release something without proper testing and leave us(the consumers) to do the beta testing.:rolleyes:

I agree. You know, if BIS would have asked me months ago to Beta test, I would have done so with a smile. Like you said, I'm sure most of the issues came up during beta testing so I dont fault the folks who tested. I'm sure the issues were communicated to BIS which have done nothing.

Hmmm

Well i must admit I'm still not sure on what to think,i have bad performance issues and cant work out the graphic options as some settings seem to do totally illogical things.

The artificial stupity can really get on my tits when I'm in a mission and my fellow squadie runs in to fire or just stands there or my medic wont heal me or anyone else.

But every now and then when things run nice i think wow this rocks.

So i guess the jury's out would be nice to find out if BI are working on another patch and maybe hear from the horses mouth what there plan is for the future of the game.

I'm not running Windows 7 or even 64 bit, and I'm still having problems.

4GB of RAM and vista 32 :confused:

And again SLi with 1 Video card is NOT SLi :D

Just love it! what ever bugs there are both we (modders) and they (devs) will work it out. btw did you see the photographs thread? is there any game that looks equall to this?

Anyone managed to fix the crashing issues and "cannot commit"

I love the game. Couldn't care less about problems with the campaign, because I wasn't going to play it anyway.

Once they work out the problems with performance so I can consistently get more than 30fps out of my GTX285 then I'll be more than happy.

I'd probably love it - if it wouldn't freeze every 20 Minutes... As far as I read, there are lots of users having this problem. As well the perfomance is extremly poor. I'll get an average of 25 fps (Multiplayer mode) - on a rig, that I consider to be high end.

In Germany we call this 'Bananensoftware, reift beim Kunden.'

Joe

im sick of this stupid "cannot commit" crap NEED A FIX NOW!

Love it.

Blessed with smooth gameplay and no hardware related glitches.

Love it love it love it !!!

Getting seriously addicted to it...

My rig:

Intel 6750 dual core

8800GTS 640 MB

Asus P5K

4 Megs of OCZ ram

Win XP 32 bits

None are clocked

I love ArmA2, but unfortunately, I will think twice next time before I buy any product from BIS in the future.

I am waiting for couple more patches and 50% off STEAM weekend sale :)

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

Thats whats happened, on paper the concept is fantastic, huge play area, realistic warfare. Cool weapons, you name it. The reality for many, though not all has been bugs, low fps, freezes, AI just no doing what u want, units falling through floors, complex gfx configs and options. Poor hardware recognition. Ugly HDR, Blur, Headbob. Mouse lag, stuttering, black screens. No AA, Fill Rate, No scalability, Not utilising all cores, blury textures, lod pop up, z fighting, Fan boy slagging, noob bashing, team killing.............

you forgot about the insane number of hackers that were ruining almost every online game for the first 8-12 months. I think the funniest one was the tower of tanks reaching the sky :)

The game is unplayable for me even though I have a decent computer. So for those reasons I will have to say the games sucks.

Mouse lag ruins the game totally. Unplayable as infanty unless you have a monster PC that can run game 100+FPS constantly.