Sign in to follow this  
mattyh1986

How Satisfied with Arma2 Are you??

How Satisfied with ARMA2 are you!?  

1194 members have voted

1. 1. How Satisfied with ARMA2 are you!?

• Extremely , Awesome game! no problems what so every
    • Good game, Some problems ive managed to over come now running smooth
    • Some problems but I just deal with it and get on, game is still enjoyable
    • Love the game but problem are sucking the fun from it
    • Completely unplayable, want my money back, desperatly need patches!
    • Given up will never buy BIS products again.

Im getting more irritated with each CTD. Altough i really love the game ... Sigh

Haven't had any ctd's really . Not just because i haven't any mean i to say you can't get em or something, but maybe your overclock isn't as stable as you think .

I voted Good game, Some problems Ive managed to over come now running smooth, I cannot complain about ArmA2 at all, I'm just happy it runs on my somewhat old rig :)

I think it's had the best start of any BIS product, all told.

I must be extremely lucky, 'cause both OFP and Arma 2 ran perfect on first go for me (Arma 1 ran perfect but had some annoying bugs), Arma 2 gets a few annoying bugs, nothing game breaking, but I can't remember any problems with flashpoint at all, and I played that every day for years.

EDIT: Just installed the Win7 RC. It appears that it may have made all my problems disappear. <3

Windows 7 will save Microsoft's repuation, I absolutely love the OS and it's associated performance increases with games...including ARMA2

Glad you got it worked out.

This game is a one of a kind I can say that for sure. It is working as intended? Let's just say that BIS should not get into the industry of embedded/critical software systems that run flight and weapons hardware :)

Like all other BIS games it feels like features are chopped together to make a one of a kind game, but nothing works together like it should....

Windows 7 will save Microsoft's repuation, I absolutely love the OS and it's associated performance increases with games...including ARMA2

Glad you got it worked out.

This game is a one of a kind I can say that for sure. It is working as intended? Let's just say that BIS should not get into the industry of embedded/critical software systems that run flight and weapons hardware :)

Like all other BIS games it feels like features are chopped together to make a one of a kind game, but nothing works together like it should....

You do know that VBS (Bohemia's other product) is used by MANY militaries around the world.

http://virtualbattlespace.vbs2.com/

Eth

Edited by BangTail

You do know that VBS (Bohemia's other product) is used by MANY militaries around the world.

http://virtualbattlespace.vbs2.com/

Eth

Like I said, is it used for embedded critical software? No it's still used as a game in respects, nothing "critical" about VBS2, so my point still stands. Just for simple situations training.

I have to use it admit, I haven't used it, But I fear what it is like when seeing things like driving not improved in 8 years from OFP.

I wonder what the Marines say when they try driving a Hummer or Tank around in VBS2, I doubt it drives like it should or they would have put equivalent fixes into ARMA2 right!?

I'm sure it is meant more as a visualization and rehearsal tool more than actual simulation purposes...can't say so for sure.

I'm sure it is meant more as a visualization and rehearsal tool more than actual simulation purposes...can't say so for sure.

VBS2 should be used to train for procedure, not to drive or shoot :)

VBS2 is actually a lot more refined, and a lot more expensive, and I also believe it's against the rules to talk about VBS2 in these forums... can't remember for sure.

So far, the game has potential brilliance, but is plagued by bizarre triggers that don't always work. I've been playing the single-player campaign thus far and almost feel as though my character has little or no bearing on the outcome of each mission, except for blowing up the communications site in the first mission. Completion of many of the "mini" missions seems random. Too often I'm not even given the chance to attempt the mission. In the case of transporting captured brass, our truck gets ambushed and we have no way of avoiding it, hence failure of that mission. I just don't get it. What could I have done? It's stuff like this that's extremely baffling and frustrating. Most of the time, I hardly see any combat whatsoever, not that I expect it to be like a beach landing at Normandy. I dunno, I read this game was supposed to be like Oblivion with modern combat. I'm just not seeing it thus far. Nonetheless, I'll keep plugging along in hopes the game gets better.

Next time i'll wait a month before buying. That way when i read threads like this i won't be on THIS side of the fence, $90 out of pocket with ALPHA version, bug riddled software.

Out of the box I had no issues, got the game to run fine on XP with an Intel6600 quad and an Nvidia 8880Gt vid card + 2 gig Ram.

Patching was my issue, 1.02 gave me the old

Update 1.01-1.02\ADDONS\AIR2.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

On around 8 or 9 different .pbo files. Managed to fix that by doing a re install and then copying the files from the DVD to the HD then hitting retry in the patcher.

So I got a couple of weeks playing online etc, but patch 1.03 came along and the above fix would not resolve it.

As you have to reinstall the game from scratch if you get errors like the above ( taking 40-50 mins btw ), my issue is not with actually playing the game, but more with the fact that you can't revert to a working version. 10-12 re installs one day, and 10-12 attempts to install the 1.03 patch did it for me.

Re installing windows any time one single game doesn't work for me, I have 320 gig of data that I don't want to have to backup so I can play a game. Also not one of any other game or app has issues, my DVD firmware is UTD, and my registry is clear of errors etc.

It is a shame as I really enjoyed the game when I could actually play it. But when just patching the thing becomes a major chore it takes the fun out of the equation.

good game any doubt...but i think the team maker not have time to fix all bugs...like stalker cleas sky...

can't save game crashes to desk top get message no comment

Only game series that is worth to play...

Sad that BIS is doing EVERYTHING to scare away their customer with:

- releasing the game(s) full of bugs.

- need ages to fix 8 year old bugs.

- don't get it, that the "spirit of OFP" is missing in ArmA1 & ArmA2.

- don't get it, that a really good campaign(CWC) & a perfect MP mode(classic CTI) is needed.

MfG Lee :banghead:

Yep, what a shame it was released in such a bad state, they should of released it 2 years from now. I love this game too more than any other war game out there or ever made. I hate when developers future proof to the point where nobody can play it properly the day its released, its a silly and crazy way of doing it. Thier engine needs fixing. Its like a faucet that keeps coming loose, it wont matter how many times you tighten it to stop leaking , you just need to get off your ass and go get a NEW ONE. Same goes for this game engine. They have to stop tying to fix the bugs and design a new improved version of it. Yep you are all right in saying that Codemasters will release thier game alot less buggy than this. What a shame because we all know that codies version wont be comparable to this game. (it will be a fun game though)

It just meens that next time Bohemia make a game everyone will be VERY reluctant about purchasing it straight away. I wont be buying any more Bohemia games when they are released unless i hear that everything is running great.

The poll is phrased weird I think, can't really vote.

I love the game and think its BIS's masterpiece.

But, it still has many problems, due to the premature release.

All fixable, but right now, it's annoying many people.

Laggy

Edited by laggy

Completely unplayable, want my money back, desperatly need patches!

It has got something up its sleeves, and unfortunately they are not aces.

Where is supposed to be a tecnical support ?

Edited by DedoAglar
errors

After building a new gaming rig especially for this, with 6 gigs of ram and an i920 0verclocked 3.3ghz, gtx 295 I find it a disgrace that the code is so broken in so many ways. I am fed up of frames dropping to unplayable levels, gaming bugs that have ruined the game, Before patch 1.03 I did the Manhattan mission 5 times only for all my saves to be wiped.

This is a faulty product and shouldnt have been released in this state

Dare I say it but Operation Flashpoint 2 might have the last laugh here

Edited by Dave White

To my opinion the extreme beauty of the ingame world and graphics (on High settings) easily overtake those FPS drops and texture loading issues in some areas. This game is very addicting for me just because of it's graphics and OFP heritage gameplay.

Dare I say it but Operation Flashpoint 2 might have the last laugh here

Maybe in sales and with full of BF2 kids - yes. Your prolly right. Easily digested mainstream bullshit usually have the last laugh in this world.

Maybe in sales and with full of BF2 kids - yes. Your prolly right. Easily digested mainstream bullshit usually have the last laugh in this world.

I really can't abide these people who think that OFP DR is some kind of competitor for A2.

Britney Spears sold a lot of records. Does that mean her music is good or, more likely, does it imply there are a lot of people with very poor taste?

OFP DR is not competition for A2. Codeshafters are DISHONESTLY using a name that has nothing to do with DR and they blatantly try to make out that OFP DR is "OFP 2".

How the hell can it have anything to do with OFP when NOBODY assosciated with BIS is working on it.

Marketing at it's finest for a BF2 clone.

Hilarious how people are falling for it.

Eth

Edited by BangTail

I wouldn't even call it a BF2 clone... BF2 had planes

QFT.

Further, I actually play PRM (a BF2 mod) and it's bloody good ESPECIALLY considering it's free. It's the only thing that comes close to A2 (when you are in a good squad, PRM is just spectacular).

Eth

face the facts this game isnt fit for a retail release in this state.

If I am wrong check the responses in the votes of people unhappy with it.

My point about flashpoint 2 is one based on a game that will be finished and fit for retail. In all my years of pc gaming I have never come across something so broken and bugged, say what you will but it's a fact.