Arma II & OA User Video Thread

Hokum attack

G16W_GBJ0bU&hd=1

Edited by [fg]

KA-50 FTW. ^

is that your video?

Nyet, tovarisch. :D

Hey guys !

My first movie in Vegas9, what better material than learning the ropes in Vegas by making a video for the best place to be a gamer. Battle.no

This video contains a bit more than only Arma2 and is ment to be a promo/teaser/trailer/showcase. Sorry for the starter thumb.. apparantly it takes a lot of hours to change it :p

Happy for feedback, i'd like to get better at this :)

<object width="1280" height="745"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wijw2aw4jgs&hl=nb_NO&fs=1&rel=0&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wijw2aw4jgs&hl=nb_NO&fs=1&rel=0&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="1280" height="745"></embed></object>

Here's my first non-benchmarkrelated video for ArmA2. It's only 30 seconds long, but I think captures a bit of battle intensity.

Heli beach landing assault:

9hNuBB_j3zc

t5LizO94g5U

Used FRAPS and WMM.

Which do you like better? Any tips? Are people using fraps as the main capture source? If so, what settings? What is the preferred compression utility?

Edited by jpinard

Here's my first non-benchmarkrelated video for ArmA2. It's only 30 seconds long, but I think captures a bit of battle intensity.

Heli beach landing assault:

Used FRAPS and WMM.

Which do you like better? Any tips? Are people using fraps as the main capture source? If so, what settings? What is the preferred compression utility?

Lol ummmm, you almost killed that crew member with a minigun and you ran out there with an MP5. I was loling quite a bit.

Here are a couple of machinimas I made with ArmA 2, both of which are in 1080p HD quality, so watching them from youtube gives the best quality, that's why I don't embed them here. I hope to get at least some views by posting an ad of them here =) I really appreciate any comments regarding these:

Shooter Scene recreation:

Covert Operation sniper film:

Here are a couple of machinimas I made with ArmA 2, both of which are in 1080p HD quality, so watching them from youtube gives the best quality, that's why I don't embed them here. I hope to get at least some views by posting an ad of them here =) I really appreciate any comments regarding these:

Shooter Scene recreation:

Covert Operation sniper film:

Those were amazing! You should really look into some post-video editing software to enhance your videos, though. ;)

Edited by Laqueesha

Those ORC videos were awesome :)

Those were amazing! You should really look into some post-video editing software to enchance your videos, though. ;)

I don't really see what you mean. I used Vegas Pro 9 to edit and I think it turned out fine.

If you mean video effects like blur, contrast etc., sure I could've added them, but I like to keep the overall effect clean and as loyal to the original game graphics as possible. =)

I did add some glow to the sniper video, just to enhance the dark parts. But thanks for the comment =P

my first ARMA 2 youtube video is up =)

Vtp_klkrl80

Just a little quality test of how night turns out on yt.

----[Edit]----

Song is:

So Free by Woody

I don't think it's out yet but I found it on

Any comments on the quality and brightness? (ignoring the fact that it's night and the top and bottom are clipped :D)

Edited by SASrecon

cool video wots the song that caught my attention :D

Lol ummmm, you almost killed that crew member with a minigun and you ran out there with an MP5. I was loling quite a bit.

Hehe, yea I can't believe he didn't get sawed in half. I wondered if anyone would laugh at that :D I'm still trying to figure out how to get door gunners to carry alternate weapons besides MP5's. So for this little battle the entire Helicopter assault team has the worst weapon possible (MP5) for wide open warfare against multiple platoons of entrenched Russian soldiers.

Not sure if anyone saw my question above so will parse if it's OK.

* Are most of you capturing video with FRAPS?

* If so what are your settings here: http://www.jeffpinard.com/FrapsMM.jpg

* What do most people use to compress the video? Windows Movie Maker, VirtualDub, DivX?

Thanks! :)

Edited by Rellikki

I'm also using Half-size but at 45FPS, really helps in slow-motion scenes I feel.

As for compression, I just load up raw FRAPS footage in Sony Vegas 9 and when rendering, I use some custom settings under the Sony AVC codec - Gives an awesome Size / Quality ratio.

Do I see reflections in the water?

Actually, I think that's just the transparency of the water in action.

Do I see reflections in the water? Under the boats?

Do you use Vanilla NVG or Addon?

The whole vid looks really cool, which campaign is it?

No addons, vanilla nvg.

I think its this mission pack the mission is Radar Assault

http://armaholic.com/page.php?id=6447

Actually, I think that's just the transparency of the water in action.

Yeah I thought that too when looking at the dock, but I (think I) saw it also with the boats. Ah well guys allowed to dream, right?

@Azamato: Thanks for the link, will check it out!

Test of Hurby's Albatros D.III in multiplayer - part 1:

P.S. model is still in work-in-progress stage

ArmA II - GOL Clan - Sunday Op Infantry - Part 1 - 24/May/10