Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

ArmA2 1.03 Impressions - ALL Impressions/Videos/Screenies Here

Why not official English language support for non English versions? Some german or czechs don't like those "bad" translated things and they wanted to switch to normal english

Language depends on serial key, diferent regions have different publishers

And? Is so difficult to make a switch and switch to english? :eek::(

Edited by RobertHammer

No technically, it depends on publishers, im not sure if we can legaly do it due ralationships with them. its question for future

No technically, it depends on publishers, im not sure if we can legaly do it due ralationships with them. its question for future

Therefore if i want an English manual i MUST buy another game country localized?

this is madness...

That's sad news for me. I bought the german downloadable version because i thought the game will be supporting english language aswell with the coming patches.

Guess i have to use those beta language files and live with that. :(

We are preparing developer diary videos in english, what will be video manual for ARMA2. Hope it help

Philll, you say you've exhausted all the options in the troubleshooting forum, yet you never bothered to post your issues in there, rather instead you spam this topic asking for solutions when you could just go and start a topic describing your issue and hopefully someone will offer up a solution that will remedy your problem.

This thread isn't for troubleshooting, you've been told this several times, and here you are still, doing nothing but bitching and moaning in a topic not ment to assist you in your performance issues. Gives people the feeling that you don't want help, but would rather continue to gripe, which starts giving off those hints of troll like behavior few if anyone really wants to put up with here, same can be said about the fanboys as well, they need to back off a bit.

That's sad news for me. I bought the german downloadable version because i thought the game will be supporting english language aswell with the coming patches.

Guess i have to use those beta language files and live with that. :(

I agree.

I do not understand this marketing policy that punishes the most deserving and fast customer when purchasing a new product via digital download.

I agree.

I do not understand this marketing policy that punishes the most deserving and fast customer when purchasing a new product via digital download.

sadly i tend to agree. i was hoping it'd be possible to switch in a later patch.

sadly i tend to agree. i was hoping it'd be possible to switch in a later patch.

Maybee, but Im not able to promisse it. I dont know if there are plans like that.

I picked up the campaign where I left off (a Warfare mission) and I'm seeing quite an improvement.

AI driving seems pretty decent now.

Had a few crashes (out of memory for file operation or something), but nothing major.

Performance is still bad (25 fps in campaign no matter what).

Sad to see AI still sees through grass.

Hmm, that's strange, Anti Aliasing is disabled in my options and it doesn't let me select any settings for it.

You can't select it yet as it isn't officially supported in this patch and possibly has issues with shadows ingame.

The UI element is placed there for future implementation I guess. If you wish to turn on AA you have to manually edit your .cfg and change the FSAA=0 value to either 1, 2 or 3.

More details in this post.

Edited by Sniperwolf572

You can't select it yet as it isn't officially supported in this patch and possibly has issues with shadows ingame.

The UI element is placed there for future implementation. If you wish to turn on AA you have to manually edit your .cfg and change the FSAA=0 value to either 1, 2 or 3.

More details in this post.

so is there no longer a fillrate option then? i don't see one now that i've patched to 1.02...

so is there no longer a fillrate option then? i don't see one now that i've patched to 1.02...

3d Resoloution is fillrate.

It shows the resoulouton it wil lrender at and at the side show you how much that is in percentage.

Weren't we also supposed to choose whether we wanted bloom and/or motion blur on? or is this just now better tied to the post processing settings?

There is now 3D and 2D resolution, filrate optimizer is hiden in 3D resolution. We change it, because lot of people dont understand what was filrate optimizer. Hope now its more clear.

3d Resoloution is fillrate.

It shows the resoulouton it wil lrender at and at the side show you how much that is in percentage.

Weren't we also supposed to choose whether we wanted bloom and/or motion blur on? or is this just now better tied to the post processing settings?

There is now 3D and 2D resolution, filrate optimizer is hiden in 3D resolution. We change it, because lot of people dont understand what was filrate optimizer. Hope now its more clear.

thank you :)

Yes, look on the ArmA 2 site.

There's one thing to note that hasn't been sorted (or even if it's been brought to anyone's attention) and that is that the bloom affects being able to see the compass face ( when the sun is behind you) so much so in some cases/angles/times that you can't read the face of the compass at all.

Edited by KJAM

Happy to see that AI driving has improved in short time. I really see BIS can performe magic, and I hope they will keep improving the AI driving in the next patch as well.

Just installed and gave it a spin. Performance is through the roof! At least for me. I don't even need antialiasing, I can just set fillrate to 150% (1920x1080 @ 2880x1620) and it still runs smooth as an android's bum. Could be due to the deactivation of postprocessing. Excellent stuff. :)

Also flew out over the infinite terrain. It definitely looks more natural now, with hills and valleys, but it could use some trees. :D

Gonna test the campaign next.

Edited by MadDogX

A friend of mine who have the game says also that you can't choose bloom or blur on/off.

"* Added option to disable various post-process effects (bloom, blur etc.)"

Why is that? It says clearly in the changelog that you can set blur and bloom on/off, but you can't.

And one more thing bothers me.. it's that AI can see through grass and bushes(?).. hope that gets fixed in a future patch..

Anyway.. great work Bohemia Interactive =)

You really fixed many things which people have complained about, you listen to the community, and it's awesome that some BI Developers write in the forum.

And i'm very glad to hear that there will be full AA support in (probably) patch 1.03

- Some more testing and female civilians do scream, but a lot less than before

- Performance is about the same as with the earlier patch

- AI not sure. Hard to tell.