Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

ArmA2 1.03 Impressions - ALL Impressions/Videos/Screenies Here

anyone observed AI swivel head? its weird

It happens in arma1 too,even with latest patch.

This game was a love-hate-love experience. After I've got the final ending, I felt almost like my protagonist should've been feeling -- but not because of all enemy's T-72 and Shilkas blown up, but because I've made it through to the happy end despite all the scripting bugs! Boy that was a struggle! At first I was mad, but it had passed after some time and I had just used to the fact that it's scripts you're fighting with, not Chedaki's, and that's what made the game kinda freaky insteresting. Of course, all the other cool stuff was there too -- all what you'd expect from ArmA2 experience -- but the only thing I can think about right now, after it's over, is that I've made it! Despite all the scripts! Horray!!!

Dear Bistudio.com

I've bought the game and played for two days, now I have come to a stop and decided to play another game instead. I have also decided to give you my reason for leaving this game, cause it could have been so great.

Overall: It's Very buggy, im running the Out of Box version and the newest version. The Performance is really bad, the game crash when i select a group and press "Move there". The game has been a nice browser, but joining the servers sucks, because of the slow DL of missions status and most of all the "server view" that makes no sense..

Graphic: Very bad performance eventhough my computer can run allmost every other game in HIGH, this game cant.

Sound: Its great, but the voice commands kinda makes no sense. By this i mean the "sentenses they use".

Im very sad to stop playing this game, but can't play a game that aint finished. Im also sorry to sit here and be hard on a game that have taken so long to develop, but maybe you should have waited with the release..

:bounce3: Cheers

Am I the only person who didn't know that the side doors on the Hind can be opened? Or at least on the CDF one?

I knew they could be opened but I don't know what the point is. You cant get inside or anything.

I knew they could be opened but I don't know what the point is. You cant get inside or anything.

I just thought it was a nice little touch. It is better for sight seeing too. I already implemented this in my new mission.

I love how, with a couple of modules and a squad added to the map via the editor, anyone can make a random fun coop.

Zombie was map editing and messing around with the editor modules. He made a mission with a few of them active and we were tasked with a 'hostage rescue' from the secops module.

:rolleyes:

Edited by [DirTyDeeDs]-Ziggy-

Ok so I have finally ordered this game. My question is, should I dl this patch while I wait for it to arrive, or will there soon be another?

-Ziggy-;1389942']I love how' date=' with a couple of modules and a squad added to the map via the editor, anyone can make a random fun coop.

Zombie was map editing and messing around with the editor modules. He made a mission with a few of them active and we were tasked with a 'hostage rescue' from the secops module.

:rolleyes:

I don't know if you know this and I am not sure if it always applies but if you get hit using the first aid modules you can crawl around and still fire your weapon. I forgot what button(s) you have to press though. I just press a bunch of random ones. You can fire your gun but your aim is HORRIBLE and you can't reload and you can only crawl forwards and turn. It might be the roll left/right button or it could just be some other movement or fire button.

@thafunkster: There should be another soon but I would download 1.02 anyway.

Ok so I have finally ordered this game. My question is, should I dl this patch while I wait for it to arrive, or will there soon be another?

Install the 1.02 patch, the game is unplayable otherwise. I'm still having fun with it and sometimes the bugs will work to your advantage.

I don't know if you know this and I am not sure if it always applies but if you get hit using the first aid modules you can crawl around and still fire your weapon. I forgot what button(s) you have to press though. I just press a bunch of random ones. You can fire your gun but your aim is HORRIBLE and you can't reload and you can only crawl forwards and turn. It might be the roll left/right button or it could just be some other movement or fire button.

@thafunkster: There should be another soon but I would download 1.02 anyway.

I don't believe that applies to all the first aid modules. There is a few different versions and they are all a fair bit different. But the button you are referring to is whatever you have the 'sprint' button mapped to. Default is W pressed twice quickly.

Been playing ARMA2 at a friends place since its been out. Loving the game so far!

And today I finally got my copy in the mail! Just about to test it on my computer with the new patch :bounce3:

My personal favorite game of the year (with dawn of discovery just behind).

Great job Bohemia!!

Bouncing grenades still aren't fixed...

Bouncing grenades?

1. Equip a smoke grenade.

2. Throw it on the ground.

3. Observe.

1.03 is very nice now that I have sorted the stuttering .... turns out I had to defrag using about 3 defraggers to make sure everything was as it should be.

Pleased with what I have seen so far ... GOOD JOB BIS !

Had this weird problem in an editor setup (not a real mission per se). I'm one of two medics during a tough assault, using first aid simulation and battlefield clearance connected to my group leader. Now, if I'm hurt to the point of twitching on the ground, I call for medic and someone comes to my aid. Problem is that after they're done with me, they shoot me wounded again. Wtf? Crazyest experience ever...

Edit: Another crash bug that happens from the editor is the following:

Create a trigger.

Create the default blufor infantry group.

Set leader to player.

Sync trigger to leader.

Copy trigger works fine.

Edit trigger and set to group leader activation.

Copy trigger will now crash Arma2.

Edited by CarlGustaffa

Grenades bounce way too much. Try it yourself, throw a grenade at the ground and watch as it bounces around like a rubber ball.

Can't lock on targets with UAV in 1.03. Is it just me?

You couldn't before either... That's another thing needed to make the UAV really worthwile.

If you have a bug to report this is not the place to do it, nor is it for troubleshooting items.

EDIT: Comments/Suggestions, would of course, go in the Suggestions forum, naturally.

Planck

Edited by Planck

uh..ok. So where do i make comments/questions about the new features of patch 1.03?

---------- Post added at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 PM ----------

For example, I just noticed that Shilka rounds still detonate against tree leaves. This is not a bug, it is a gameplay decision by the Devs. I want to say that I don't like this decision and invite further discussion on the topic. Can I say that here??????

Ouch now my head is hurting . Please just move my post if it's in the wrong place... (sry need coffee).:confused:

You couldn't before either... That's another thing needed to make the UAV really worthwile.

In 1.02 it was possible to do so....

It was hard, but feasible...

In 1.03 the target lock never appears... because the pilot never targets in the direction the UAV is heading.