Sign in to follow this  
STALKERGB

WIP British 4 Rifle Soldiers

I hate it when functionality gets in the way of style! :P

Style over substance...it's always about how good you look in your uniform lol

nice work as a ex member of the duke of wellington regiment "3rd yorkshire" i am looking forward to these, keep up the good work

The Temperate units aren't as effected by all this, just the camo really.

Does that mean your just gona release your temperate guys in the new camo or the current camo. Please release them in current camo, me hate new MTP :mad:

anyway here is a pic i found of the new MTP:

camo2_1546793c.jpg

That's definitely been inspired by Aliens. Good. Fucking. Drills.

Nice of them to do an action shot of the new camo, this is what soldiers will look like moving through trees!

That's definitely been inspired by Aliens. Good. Fucking. Drills.

So it has brought you over then?

I suppose the lighter tones will probably help make you less of a black outline than temp DPM.

I'll probably get round to modelling Assualt Osprey (Mk3 Osprey?)

Osprey Mk.3's an updated version of the old Osprey vest with a non-slip pad on the right shoulder (like Osprey Assault has on both shoulders). Some improved side protection has been added, and now the plates are inserted from the bottom.

Osprey Assault is unrelated to the other Osprey vests apart from the fact they share the improved armour plates.

I think Mk.3 is being worn by the Royal Marines who deployed back to Iraq a few weeks ago to train Iraqi forces, and possibly by non-infantry bods in Afghan. Infantry get Assault in Afghan.

I'll have a dig for some photos of it later if you're interested.

Ed:- Video from aunty beeb on MTP

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8422942.stm

Ed2:- Some pics of Osprey Mk.3:

os31.jpg

os32.jpg

os33.jpg

os34.jpg

os35.jpg

Turns out it was 1 R WELSH I'd seen wearing Mk.3 on prey-deployment training for Ghanners. Not RMs

Edited by da12thMonkey

damn that pic shows it to be a lot less saturated than i had on the guys i reskinned...hmm still i got the sizing about right, maybe a little off. Either way will be interesting to see what happens with it.

Don´t kill me, but I think you brits are getting a damn fine looking camo. But I like tropentarn, too, so.... :p

Edited by malibu.stacey

Call me crazy, but I'm not a fan of Multicam myself. But mixing Multicam with DPM? eww. :whatsthat:

Guy on the end, in Desert DPM, I went to school with. :)

Guy on the end, in Desert DPM, I went to school with. :)

He is definately angry cause his camo isnt working in the current environment! :p

My temperate units will have good old DPM on them for now and until this fancy new multiDPMMTPitsmutlicambutnot becomes standard i'm not gonna change it.

Cheers for clearing up the Mk2 and 3 thing da12th

EDIT: Does anyone have any decent pics of Assualt Osprey for future reference for me?

Edited by STALKERGB

Can see a lot of hard work has gone into this stalk's, look forward to your release someday, as many do, looking real good, and when the new camo comes in will look good too, if its anything like aenaes has done i think will be ok, survival and winning is what counts, as good as the old camo looks its not a fashion show right, anyway look forward to using your fine work sometime in the future, thanks.

Seen a picture of the new camo in the paper today, aenaes your pretty close with your reskin, should release your reskinned Brits with this, so we have something to be going on with while we wait for stalks release, sure he dont mind mate, and would keep us all happy for now in these dark and cold winter months. Tvs crap over xmas anyway and these would help me get by, go on give us all an xmas pressie, thanks.

Video showing new camo ...... http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8421768.stm

Edited by Tab

I gave permission for the MTP reskins of my RMC to be released, just need to wait for it now :)

Still arrying on with my guys... taking ages....

Let me just say thanks to stalker for letting me draw all over his lovely work...also let me explain that the guys i did the other day were simply overlaying the new camo pattern onto his old units and saving it over his existing .pbo which i have no intention of doing for the release. This does mean it will take a little time for me to get done, especially with the family over for xmas but don't worry it will be top of my priority list :)

a big thanks to stalker and aeneas, im sure i speak on behalf of us all the your work is appreciated by all of us (especially us brit units) :)

Thanks for the replys fellas, look forward to a brighter future in Arma 2 thanks to you all, Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year. Offf to the pub now cheers.

Standby...

News to follow later today...

Good news I hope...with pictures :3 ?