Sign in to follow this  
inkle

One of those AWESOME ARMA 2 Moments

Was playing this user created SP mission called Sniper Team, and i was into the most critical point of the mission. Actually it can be said that i stumble upon the prey, having no idea they are there. And killed them with 1 bullets, indirectly!!

<object width="320" height="265"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PAr31aQzxE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PAr31aQzxE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="265"></embed></object>

Now how cool is that!! It's one of those "Holy Shit! This is Awesome!" moment in ARMA 2 and OFP that make u fall in luv with it.

Edited by inkle

Haha. How it should be done nice..

+1

Any sniper would aknowledge that shot as excelent.

Kind Regards walker

Hi all

A richiespeedisback Awsome moment

I had a similar one in ArmA I in MP about a month back on the Zeus server. My own sides little-bird was hit and spun around to crash into the hill 10 feet from me on the other side of the ridge I was suppressing the enemy from, but what made it really amazing was the pilots body bursting out of the flames and flying over my head to land in a smoking pile just behind me. I asked the pilot if he had seen me as his body flew past he said he had.

The real virtuality engine is just amazing.

Kind Regards walker

I thought this was a nice video, (not by me) that shows the tension as enemy AI jog past without detecting you:

wWMEep73aGQ&fmt=18

In rl mi-24 has armored glass on cockpit. At least for a caliber up to 7.62.

In rl mi-24 has armored glass on cockpit. At least for a caliber up to 7.62.

Hi exall

Rewatch the video

1st shot took out the glass 2nd shot took out the pilot.

He was using a high powered sniper rifle.

While it uses the 7.62x51 NATO round it would be a match quality or better round possibly even SLAP rounds and more importantly being fired from an M14 Designated Marksman Rifle (DMR) this has a longer and more refined tighter barrel than the M4 or even M16, this leads to a much faster muzzle velocity a flatter trajectory and a 250 to 300m effective range increase.

Kind Regards walker

That was excellent, great shot. I know what you mean, those stunning moments have been few and far between. I can only remember 2 from OFP:R in MP. One was very similar to richiespeedisback, but with me in an M2 MG shooting at a Mi17 and as everyone else scattered I just froze as it crashed and stopped right in front of me. :cool:

The other was one of my very first PvP kills in OFP. I was on the slope west of the bridge in Nogova and UAZ with 2 guys in it was driving over the bridge. I quickly got off one round and it nailed the passenger right in the face from 300-400m. :yay:

Unfortunatly I can't think of a single one in Arma. Hopefully Arma 2 will serve up some more memorable moments.

i have to say with Arma's ACE mod the "moments" have been far more Memorable than regular Arma, if your bored of playing arma and Arma 2 isnt out where you live yet, you should try it

I hope the ace mod for arma 2 will be good.

I cant wait till amazon ship my copy of arma 2 !

holy shit dude a true sniper shot :D

i had one of those moment in OFP when we had to run through the forest cause we got ambushed and the truck broke down (dunno what mission) that was intense, running for our lives (me, a medic and a soldier) while getting shot from behind lol the medic was running in front of me i saw him getting killed that was awesome :D

Nice vid, kid. ;)

Abs

For me the stunning moment I always remember was from OFP, when I was a passenger in a uaz and my roommate was driving. This was one of the first missions I made were we had to take several towns and kill the officer.

The defining moment was when approaching the town I spotted the enemy and told him to pull over but he proceeded to continue down the road slowly to veering off towards a fence. It was then I realized looking over at the drivers seat, in first person, that he had bailed and ultimately left me to crash and get ejected from the wreck. Still in first person I looked up to see an enemy soldier saunter over, mumbling in russian, point the gun at my face and put me out of my misery. To this day, 8yrs later, I never let him forget and I never ride passenger in any of his vehicles, real or not.

For me the stunning moment I always remember was from OFP, when I was a passenger in a uaz and my roommate was driving. This was one of the first missions I made were we had to take several towns and kill the officer.

The defining moment was when approaching the town I spotted the enemy and told him to pull over but he proceeded to continue down the road slowly to veering off towards a fence. It was then I realized looking over at the drivers seat, in first person, that he had bailed and ultimately left me to crash and get ejected from the wreck. Still in first person I looked up to see an enemy soldier saunter over, mumbling in russian, point the gun at my face and put me out of my misery. To this day, 8yrs later, I never let him forget and I never ride passenger in any of his vehicles, real or not.

HAHA... thats a funny moment, if it was recorded, it'll made one hell of a funny movie clip. hope i can experience the same thing in the future. it will be hilarious!

Ah, nostalgia.... For me, one of the clearest, most fond memories of OFP was when I played the desert assault mission that was included with the BAS rangers. It was such a sight to see the entire desert area of Nogova flashing with tracer fire and the glow of burning T55's. Immersive was just the middle name, and I can't imagine that ARMA2 will be any less immersive.

And also, my first LAN co-op in OFP, four computers, two on each floor of my parents house - No microphones just regular shouting, grand it was. "No take a left, left! Turn around, go left!" :p

Ah, nostalgia.... For me, one of the clearest, most fond memories of OFP was when I played the desert assault mission that was included with the BAS rangers. It was such a sight to see the entire desert area of Nogova flashing with tracer fire and the glow of burning T55's. Immersive was just the middle name, and I can't imagine that ARMA2 will be any less immersive.

And also, my first LAN co-op in OFP, four computers, two on each floor of my parents house - No microphones just regular shouting, grand it was. "No take a left, left! Turn around, go left!" :p

lol had one of those too :D

playing online with some friends one of them saying "No go left, left, no left! LEFT!! no LEFT!!! oh wait no its to your right.." i laughed so fckin hard! xD

While it uses the 7.62x51 NATO round it would be a match quality or better round possibly even SLAP rounds and more importantly being fired from an M14 Designated Marksman Rifle (DMR) this has a longer and more refined tighter barrel than the M4 or even M16, this leads to a much faster muzzle velocity a flatter trajectory and a 250 to 300m effective range increase.

Not really.

The M118 special ball and variants thereof, which usually have a 175 grain bullet (M118 uses the Sierra Match King) will get around 2600 FPS depending on the exact load and barrel length. On the other hand, even a 16" barrel on something like the M4 will produce close to (or in excess of) 3000 FPS and with a flatter trajectory closer in. Farther out, the heavier bullet from the .308/7.62 retains its energy longer because it's more massive. The effective range increase is also far more significant than 250m. While this simplifies things a bit, your typical SMK 175 grainer will still be supersonic past 1000 meters, which is sort of the "gold standard", if you will, for match accuracy in that weight range.

Since there are so many bullet weights in use for 5.56/.223 (62 grain being the current standard for ball), it's not really practical to define a "standard" muzzle velocity, but as a general rule it's usually in excess of 3000 FPS.

Flatter trajectory at typical engagement distances (due to higher muzzle velocity) and lighter weight were both big reasons why the 5.56 was switched to in the first place.

(Edit: M855/62gr)

Edited by Headspace

Hi Headspace

Thank you for the correction.

I was just pointing out that:

1) It was a better than average 7.62 rifle with a longer and better quality barrel that increased the muzzle velocity

2) Along with better than average bullets possibly even M948 Sabotted Light Armour Penetrating (SLAP) rounds

3) Then the first bullet would be dammaging the armor capability of the glass

All added together contributed to the believability of the second bullet being able to kill the pilot.

I should have left the M4 M16 quality comparison out it confused the point I was making.

I will enjoy doing the experiments to test the armor capabilities of the HIND's glass.

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

about mi-24 cockpit glass in afghan was...

proove.th.jpg

so basicaly there's no way you can brake it with 7,62

Edited by Gedis

Ed: Why am I posting at 6am? Disregard this post.

Edited by Cellus