Sign in to follow this  
bugkill

Porting ArmA1 addons to ArmA2

is it possible to port units without the mlods?

Yes, if its an ArmA1 p3d, then there shouldn't be too many issues.

could anyone please take a look at some marker addons i realy whould like to see the USMC symbols addon in ARMA II (i looked at the config but i cant figure out whats wrong)

Quick problem. I have downloaded the Razani map from Arma I. After downloading Arma objects and plants from CAA1, I attempted to start it all up.,but when I try to start the map it ctd's. Anything I am not doin right here? I also run it in CO if that helps.

May I be wrong but doesn't Razani requires Avgani and Afghan Village by OPX?

May I be wrong but doesn't Razani requires Avgani and Afghan Village by OPX?

That is Helmands Valley I believe.

Has anyone converted the YPR-765 from OFP/ArmA?

There was no YPR-765 in ArmA AFAIK, although it could have been in a mod. OFP i am unsure of. You do mean the vehicle that looks like a Bradley and an M113 had kids right? It also looks like the FV-432 is in it's lineage as well.

Edited by Darkhorse 1-6

There was no YPR-765 in ArmA AFAIK, although it could have been in a mod. OFP i am unsure of. You do mean the vehicle that looks like a Bradley and an M113 had kids right? It also looks like the FV-432 is in it's lineage as well.

Pretty much, the turret of a Brad stuck onto an M113. AIFV I believe is what is called.

http://www.turkishunion.com/content1.html

mig-15_0_3045.jpg

So many shitty OFP-addons have been ported, inlcuding ugly textures etc. But this beautiful addon, which wouldnt need any upgrade to look great even in ArmA2 has been forgotten

This one goes well for me even without CAA1

If you tell me now, that certain ArmA 1 addons can just be put into the ArmA 2 addons folder and be played...Im going to shoot myself....All this fucking time I didnt now...:D

@Dr. Horrible

Don't go near any loaded firearms in the foreseeable future, because there are ArmA 1 addons that are working without any porting, config change or without OAC/CAA1, this one is one of them, if my memory doesn't fail me.

@Dr. Horrible

Don't go near any loaded firearms in the foreseeable future, because there are ArmA 1 addons that are working without any porting, config change or without OAC/CAA1, this one is one of them, if my memory doesn't fail me.

Proof:

http://s5.directupload.net/images/100912/j32tpe8e.jpg

http://s7.directupload.net/images/100912/p8smshed.jpg

Allright, MEA CULPA. However, it was also new to at least two other guys on my ICQ list....I think there should be a stick thread, maybe with a list of addons that work, because I dont think this is common knowledge.

Aw shit i'm downloading that right now! Eaglets was my favourite campaign of the series, had no idea this would work.

Aw shit i'm downloading that right now! Eaglets was my favourite campaign of the series, had no idea this would work.

News for you too? I started a little thread over in the "Addons Complete" forum...I think there should be some people out there who didnt know about this.:D

There are no sounds for the jet. Its like flying a glider. Also get config.bin/cfgweapons/2xhp_23/fullautoSoundBegin error.

I have opened it up and made changes for myself. If I get it all sorted out I will ask original maker for ok to port it over.

Do not ask me to send it to you or to test it or PM me anything about it till I am done and the permission is given from ORIGINAL MAKER first.

Note: also added ACE Ejection seat to it.:yay:

it would be real great if we can have the OV-10 Bronco for ARMA2 or OA as it is a plane of anti-guerrilla, the Armed Assault Mod goes on OA but impossible to mount in a few so if it is hot for us its a small config would be really great to see her in OA

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8886

OK, so what is CAA1?

And does anyone know how I can fix a missing texture?:

ca\wheeled\data\env_co.paa

EDIT: Found CAA1, it didn't help.

Edited by callihn

Hello,

Can someone port the be32 and be 32 K from arma 1 to arma 2?

It's a beautifull add on!

Hello,

Can someone port the be32 and be 32 K from arma 1 to arma 2?

It's a beautifull add on!

Yeah I'll get right on it...

Does Islands from ArmA1 work in Arma2?

no no no

(added 2 extra no's to cover board limit)

What about that 2GB CAA thing or whatever it was called? Wasn't that suppose to allow you to play some A1 maps on A2 like Sahrani? Granted even if it is, it's still quite a hefty size just to play a handful of maps (if you're lucky). Maybe if you play SP stuff, but I doubt many out there will download all that on top of any other addons for MP.

Still, the new maps that are out there are way nicer anyways, heh. ;)