Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

i think it's an error =) ace didn't release his scar

In the works and will be implemented with F-111 on release, CBU-87/B CEM (Combined Effects Munitions) or in other word's Cluster Bomb's.

Its a project I've been working on since ArmA 1 in revising ArmA Tactics AT Rockeye!

In the release with respect to ArmA Tactics (previous consent given) I'll have an updated and ported version of the Rockeye from ArmA 1 as well

But the CBU-87 and CBU-89 are completely new.

What is the CBU-87? CBU-89?

CBU's comprise of a Delivery container, Bomblet, and in some cases a dedicated and in some cases sophisticated targeting or sensor system used to reduce dud rates or possible civilian casualties. These can also range from bomblets, mines, or unconventional methods like the BLU-114 consisting of strings of wire type filaments which were effective against both Radar emplacements or Electrical installations.

CBU-87 in real life releases 225 BLU-97 bomblets able to decimate most armor from medium to light types including soft targets as well. Over 10,000 of these clusterbombs were dropped during Desert Storm. Mine will disperse somewhat less due to performance but will have the same kick ;)

CBU-89 is an area denial system delivering 72 AT Mines and 22 AP (Anti Personnel) mines. (currently the CBU-89 has BLU-91 AT mines, may incorporate an AP mine system).

Here are some images:

CBU-87 (in flight)

cbu87final.png

BLU-97 Bomblet:

blu97.png

Currently these are in a limited release beta phase 1 and being tested at SPARTA (www.legionofsparta.com) and Global Alien (www.globalalien.com). After testing has been done I'll have a version released for public consumption!

Edited by NutzMcKracken
CBU-89 shows "training bra" colors :( deleted image

ACEMod also has SCARs, featured in the "MagicBox" under (AE) Ammunition.

Edit: Apparently they do not, somehow my game thinks they do.

The MagicBox contains it because you have RH SCARs installed. It seems to add all weapons to it, hence the name 'MagicBox'.

You might want to change the blue stripe (which means "Inert") to yellow (which means "will go bang!")

I stand corrected, alot of resources on the internet are showing blue bands or light green. These were wrongly designated. I did some reading and sure enough I was thinking they had to state both Blue with white text, in actuality only difference is the "canted" winglets that the CBU-87 has since it spins and the CBU-89 does not.

Should have known...forgot the color designations remember white , yellow and red, always ignored the blue. I now remember a drill instructor referred to those as toys and said "you might as well be playing with GI Joe's".

Thanks bringing this to light actually.

The real ones have a "thinner" yellow band after talking to an Air Force buddy.

Edited by NutzMcKracken
stand corrected

Negative, BLUE strip means its the CBU-89 Gator, differentiates it from the CBU-87 and others since they use the same SUU-65/66/64 delivery container roughly.

Absolutely no way.

A blue stripe (or blue body) is the standard NATO marking for an Inert weapon, it has been for 40 or 50 years. There is no way that changes for one type of CBU just to "differentiate" it from other models (thats what the stencil markings are for). Can you imagine the clusterfuck [no pun intended] that would occur if a live munition was mistakenly loaded because it was identified with a blue stripe?!?!

image-BA39_4BB072CA.jpg

image-1C42_4BB072CA.jpg

I was getting tired of the normal camouflaged Mk 48 Mod 0, so I dug around in the files and found BIS' original Mk48 texture and changed the aimpoint texture and voilà, a black/greyish Mk48.

looks cool EKi.

but I noticed it was already done in some Seal unit addon by DanL2mx on Armaholic.:rolleyes:

looks cool EKi.

but I noticed it was already done in some Seal unit addon by DanL2mx on Armaholic.:rolleyes:

Fair enough, didn't know that, looks like I'm a bit late then.

Haha who care's.

Would be cool if you release it standalone anyway.

Haha who care's.

Would be cool if you release it standalone anyway.

Indeed, I'd be happy to download it as a standalone.

Awesome. They'll be up for download in a few hours. I've just got a few things to do beforehand.

yeah a standalone would be nice, camo'd mk48 gets annoying.

Arg. I need an ammo box. :D

Scripts make me sad. :dead:

Just some British off duty units I am working on for my campaign ;)

offduty.jpg

offduty2.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality pics, was saving them as JPEGs in MS Paint :o

Arg. I need an ammo box. :D

Scripts make me sad. :dead:

scripts > ammo boxes :p

just look up "addMagazine" and "addWeapon" on the biki.

Wow those brits look great!!! I've always wanted some sort of off duty soldiers addon. :D

Iam seeking for opinions for my UCP-Delta reskin try:

arma220100330122439181e127771jpg.jpgarma22010033012244575deafab63jpg.jpgarma220100330122451893c90ff6bjpg.jpgarma22010033012250698a28420f6jpg.jpg

YEAH i GOT the 2,222 Post in this thread xD

Edited by Clawhammer

Looks like somebody shat on UCP, just like the real thing, so nice work!:cool:

They look good. It looks like you got the perfect color of dog shit. :)