Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

Magazine and loading thingy pretty much done (Please tell me whats the name, in bolt action rifles its the bolt obviously, but whats it called in ARs and shotguns? I feel embarrassed... :( )

Anyways, some pics with mag in and out.

wip06.jpg

wip05.jpg

Comment and tell me what to maybe improve :)

Yes, good work. Keep it up :bounce3:

The Striker12 Experience. ;)

f6tietw1tu27.jpg

Edited by SyNcRoNiCzZ

Yes' date=' good work. Keep it up :bounce3:

The Striker12 Experience. ;)

[/quote']

Wow, very nice model! :)

Edited by Kristian

The sensor pod looks like it could use a few more polygons.

When the model looks this good you know sacrifices had to be made somewhere. Great job mr.Petrov.

Mondkalb and me are working on an remake of an old squadintern map just called camping. You can go camping on chernarus with new tents, campfires, bbq, radio, hunting and other hunters/campers. And all packed in a little module.

Inventoryitem for every tent,radio etc and a bag is included^^

Here a pic Scruffy made during a test at our server:

http://img2.abload.de/img/unbenanntcov5.jpg

All models by Mondkalb and nearly all scripts by me.

Maybe we will release it... but we are not sure yet.

sweet! belive it or not im an avid hunter here in the u.s., i go every season fathfully haha

When the model looks this good you know sacrifices had to be made somewhere. Great job mr.Petrov.

Well, a good place for high polygon or texture density is where people's eyes fall. There is an actual logic to where to make those sacrifices. The sensor pod is a feature where people's eyes will be falling, therefore in my opinion, it is a bad place to make those sacrifices. It was THE first thing I noticed, even before I noticed the texture of the special equipment was different than the fuselage. The fact that the paint colour is different even further causes the special equipment to stand out, which even further draws the eye to the sensor pod.

Originally Posted by Soul_Assassin View Post

I have to agree with Max. When you decide to make an accurate and high detailed rotor (main and tail)...stuff like the dome (something that makes this heli a bit) should follow that style. I'm sure with a few 100/200 faces more on that dome it would blend in much better. A small extra...

But that is just me.

Same goes for the wheels.

My point was rather that obviously the guy knows what he is doing, obviously got the skill and talent. Thus I believe he had his own reasons for having it the way it is.

My point was rather that obviously the guy knows what he is doing, obviously got the skill and talent. Thus I believe he had his own reasons for having it the way it is.

I do not disagree that he has skill and talent, but I disagree with the rest. Everyone has something new to learn and everyone can benefit from a second pair of eyes. Regardless of how good people are, if I notice flaws, I will point them out. I'm a fairly skilled artist as well, and based on that, if people here were neglecting to give me honest and valid crits, what would be the point of posting WIPs in the first place? It's what the thread is for.

I don't see why people in this thread feel the need to come to the defence of valid crits. Can you tell me what the point of that is, please?

Edited by Max Power

Magazine and loading thingy pretty much done (Please tell me whats the name, in bolt action rifles its the bolt obviously, but whats it called in ARs and shotguns? I feel embarrassed... :( )

Comment and tell me what to maybe improve :)

Looking good :)

If you mean the bit inside the red box:

bolt.jpg

Then i believe it is still called the bolt...

@Kristian

You mean Bolt-Carrier? I hope i got it right :P

Edited by Ville89

Looking good :)

If you mean the bit inside the red box:

Then i believe it is still called the bolt...

stalker is right...any part of the weapon that opens and carries the round forwards is still called the bolt. However I did see a gun based on firing a magnetic round down a tube which was boltless and believe there are some other designs out there. I just thought i'd mentioned the magnetic one because a) i don't think they ever built it and b) it was basically the rail gun from quake 3 which was just downright awesome!

anyway back on topic. The shotty is looking v good

ty. Here is somewhat Finished model:

wip07.jpg

PLEASE I need help Finishing this, I cant do more than the model, so someone with abilities to make the gun actually go IG, shoot 'n' stuff, texures and animated bolt, I would appreciate VERY VERY much. :)

stalker is right...any part of the weapon that opens and carries the round forwards is still called the bolt. However I did see a gun based on firing a magnetic round down a tube which was boltless and believe there are some other designs out there. I just thought i'd mentioned the magnetic one because a) i don't think they ever built it and b) it was basically the rail gun from quake 3 which was just downright awesome!

anyway back on topic. The shotty is looking v good

Are you thinking about Metal Storm?

These are my WIP Flecktarn-D camos. Middle-stage now, advice and comments are welcome ;)

arma246.th.jpgarma284.th.jpg

Don't look at the equipment i made a mess and still haven't replaced the .paa :D

These are my WIP Flecktarn-D camos. Middle-stage now, advice and comments are welcome ;)

arma246.th.jpgarma284.th.jpg

Don't look at the equipment i made a mess and still haven't replaced the .paa :D

I like the camo, very cool:cool: