Sign in to follow this  
norsu

FDFmod for ArmA II

Apart from the artificial horizon this looks really nice (I know it's WIP)

Is there a german camo planned?

I believe that it will be only Finnish gamo, since this is Finnish Defence Force Mod

Yup I guess Finnish only. We've wanted to contribute a Slovenian skin for their A1 Patria and FDF refused.

I guess they have a full schedule as the FDF mod is always of high quality and include alot of content. So I guess they decline all offers as if one is accepted more will come, taking away the time they have for their own goals.

Speculations from me..

This mod looks amazing. I look forward to more and the actual release!

Keep up the great work!

Updated special jaegers from A1 FDFmod:

spessut1s.jpg

Looks excellent, you managed to make quite notable visual improvement on ArmA1s special jaegers and I already loved them back then.

I don't get around to download and play all too many mods or addons, but there is no way that I am going to miss FDF (still occasionally playing FDF for OFP on my old computer) :thumbsup:

a discussion as old as this effect i guess, we currently have the same in the RHS forums ^^

Some dislike it because it makes things shine and some really love it as it makes normals look so much better.

I love that effect and to me it looks pretty awesome on the FDF units.

It looks less strong when not in the shadows btw.

Effects indeed do look more neutral outside shadows.

The way lighting and effects work in A2 you always have to exaggarate the effects a bit, otherwise your models will look out of place and very bland when not in shadows. However if you go over the board like BIS has done with some units (mainly interiors) you'll get the wet surface effect. Here the effect isn't too strong I think as I have used smaller values in rvmat than BIS has.

I have also used fixed HDR setting (with setAperture command) for this shot to reduce the shadow effect.

Edited by Norsu

Good texture/material work imho, the only thing that i find a bit a shame is the 'poor' (low poly) shape of the helmet and boots. But maybe that is just me. I just mean, double amount of polys on the helmets won't kill the total polycount of the model (knowing the polycount of BIS faces/hands etc)...but overall the model quality would raise much. They might be good enough for ArmA3 (for example offcourse). But i can understand if it was a compromize.

Nice work guys, units and that Rk95 look great.

Fresh Horny bird from our site (click for bigger bird):

hornet_news_s.jpg

Yes, it's supersonic and it goes fast. Sorry KT :D