Sign in to follow this  
norsu

FDFmod for ArmA II

O.o

Looking bloody awesome Norsu!! I Cannot wait!

great work!

Excellent! The only advice I could give - maybe take a look at the stretched texture in the Landrover's wheelwells?

Now sir, you gave me a boner. Are you proud of it?

ARE YOU?!

Looking forward to play with those units, remembering OFP times...

That's alot of vehicles :) Thanks for the pictures ;)

Great work guys, always apprechiate stuff that people take the time to put detail and research into, look forward to more updates.

Nice job FDF, love the patria and F/A-18. Oh and Scania is just beautiful, its like watching it on the local road ;)

You said (possibly) two variants of the NH-90? What would they be? Or what would the differences be?

You said (possibly) two variants of the NH-90? What would they be? Or what would the differences be?

Maybe something like Armed and unarmed? :)

Or possibly one transport, one SAR variant?

Anyway great news and screenies:)

Yes, but if they think the finnish armed forces in peacetime, and what they saw when they were conscripts, aswell as what they can see on the internet they wont add an NH-90 with mgs (mg3?) But if they think out of the box... as they did with that sexy RK-95 camo variant :D Then they could very likely put those mg's on that chopper.

I suppose in war time, the Armed Forces would not send a very expensive heli full of troops without doing all they can to make sure the chopper returns to the airfield.

But that's just my oppinnion :D

Norsu, will we get Finnish radio sound profiles at initial release? :)

Can someone fix that bis bug in T72 model?

Good point there. Shouldn't be a problem to fix.

Can't say much about Finnish voices yet. Good thing is though that ARMA2 supports much more possibilities for new languages than OFP or ArmA did :).

WOW. this pics look really nice and this looks like becoming a quality addon and must get:)

I sign up for voice casting =) If you need any :P I do also speak swedish. If you need any swedish voices if you are making jaegers from the Uusimaa Brigade :D

What about CV9030? Not coming to first release?

No. We had to put the line somewhere otherwise the first release will take forever.

Norsu: will there be a possibility to include a new skin for Patria, according to the RL data of certain countries (Slovenia, Poland)?

Our APCs will soon see action in Afghanistan...

@IceBreakr;

The FDFmod Patria is a very nice model with great texturework; but is not suitable for Poland.

KTO Rosomak [Wheeled APC Wolverine]] shares similarities with Patria, but the number of differences in appearance [Different armor plating - ours is an extended one by israeli Rafael; Hitfist-30P turret as the most common one - are the most noticable] would make such version unrealistic if included ;)

Patria XA-360

http://www.underground3k.com/images/photoalbum/album_320/Patria_AMV%20XA_360_1.jpg

KTO Rosomak

http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/9324/zdjecie48959796at.jpg

Uparmored version

http://www.lubawa.home.pl/www/files/image/galeria/afganistan/090814_CIMIC_Rosomaki_0826.JPG

Edited by topas

I believe there are also lots of differencies between interiors. Ours is carefully modeled after the Finnish variant that is equipped with Kongsberg RWS.

There's also a Finnish variant with ITKK 12.7 (NSV) machinegun but so far I've seen only one such vehicle in photos (Ps 645-200) which has led me to believe that it is actually just a prototype. Kongsberg variant seems to be more widespread so we have chosen it for the mod.

Oh, there's a lot of differences; I just quickly named the ones that let you distinguish the different variants from the finnish base design at first glance ;)

All in all; it's a damn sexy piece of ifv, whatever its nationality

well, maybe except the M3 version, with OSS-D turret that ruins the elegant look..

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/3623/5588.jpg

for interrested; just not to spam this thread with OT anymore

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KTO_Rosomak

some info on polish-made modifications / variants available

PS; IceBreakr, what's the nickname or official designation of your Slovenian Patrias? I'd gladly look it up then and find out more about your variants ;)

Edited by topas