Sign in to follow this  
Topper Harley

Autokick for Teamkillers

Hey, at moment ArmA II isnt much fun in MP, there are so many (sorry) dumbs out there...

seems like they just bought ArmA II to destroy the gameplay for others,

there are so often guys where shooting at friendly helicopters because there nedish that they cant fly or they just do it to piss the pilot off or overrun ppl with vehicles .. :mad:

I realy would love to see a name in that "1:100 CEASE FIRE" Message, because this trolls operate like spies, no one knows 100 percent who they are. Pls give us a chance to stop that crap...

sure some guys will write now : "ohh, just play on clanserver using ts and with admin", but no admin can do a fulltimejob and there are many new players to ArmA II and if everyone is doing crap they will soon throw the game in the corner...:j:

The TF2 Engeneer would say: "theres a spah, sapping my gameplay"

So a message like: ("Playername"): ("dumbas-name") - CEASER FIRE appearing when a friendly unit is getting hurt would be very very helpfull.

Yeah noticed this kind of behaviour as well..reminds me a lil bit of bf2 where people would shoot choppers down if they cant fly them.

But I dot think these people will keep on playing the game..they'll get bored soon.

I am a new player myselfl and most of the people I met online were nice and helpfull.

Curry

Yeah, I also hoped to see an improvement from the old "1-1, CEASE FIRE" to "(Playername), CEASE FIRE". Would make things much easier to get rid of those.

So far this game is only released in german market (although a lot of people outside have bought it online from Germany).

Once released world wide, you'd probably see more serious pvp players showing up.

General release will greatly increase the amount of squad servers ...and im sure you will find certain servers that will be moderated nearly 24 hours a day when they have been set up.

..two weeks holiday coming up, new house, new rig - all i need is a drip and ill be set :D

Yeah noticed this kind of behaviour as well..reminds me a lil bit of bf2 where people would shoot choppers down if they cant fly them.

But I dot think these people will keep on playing the game..they'll get bored soon.

they will get bored but the money they spent on the game is all going to BIS for making the game giving them more incentive to patch it up and keep on working on it :D most online MP games have prats who play just to ruin it for others... it is a pain but hopefully a fix will show itself in the near future to tackle this problem

Hmm, I could make an addon that returns the name of the person who attacked you in case of friendly fire. Guess it shouldn't be much of a hassle. However an offical solution for this would be better.

I just listen to the guy with the most leaderlly voice and do what he says in arma servers

Hi Topper Harley

Give it a few weeks after the 505 release and dedicated servers. Then the Clan servers will be up. The clans tend to use Admined Public servers to recruit from. They train people in their clan ethos and kick the numpties until they learn to be more sociable. The clans run private hidden and locked servers for their clan matches this along with BattlEye and few other tricks it totaly killed of numpty griefers in ArmA.

Until then join an admined server that works and be loyal to it. It will over time turn into a clan you can be proud of.

Creation's idea is good too.

Kind regards walker

Edited by walker

Never play with the pubes, for they will drag you down to their level :)

We have rules for our servers and our admins know them.

If someone is doing something wrong we let them know what they did wrong, if we know who it ws and if he or she does the same dumb stuff again we kick or kick and ban them.

Many People do now know how we take care about our servers and they love to play on them because we clean them from carbage.

But for good working servers you need a lot of People who take care about it, because u cant be online 24/7/365 ;)

About ***, this is a endless run betwen BI and ***, nobody can win this run.

BI brought to us BattlEye and *** found a Way to get around it, also they have always a new cheating tool for every version.

The best Way to prevent them from doing their stupid stuff is to kick and ban cheaters.

But remember, for good working servers you need a lot of People who take care about it, because u cant be online 24/7/365.

Never play with the pubes, for they will drag you down to their level :)

This is how public games stay like they are. Elitists run their own locked and passworded addon servers and tell everyone else do it as well while casual and clanless players are left on public servers without anyone telling them what to do.

Hi all

Join a clan

Kind regards walker

I wonder if posts like this can be considered spam, especially after the nature of the response above it. :rolleyes:

I don't actually play in a clan. I play in a tournament, but that's only Saturdays. And currently, public multiplayer in ArmA 1 is a joke. You either need ACE to play, or you're stuck with a bunch of people playing modes such as Evolution. And there's only ever 3 really populated servers...

The german community has always been a bit separate from the rest of the MP community.

Things will be fine once the real release happens.

A good Community is open to new Players and helps People who are new to a Game to find their Way into it.

We have Public Servers also as Closed Servers, we think it`s the best Way to serve Quality for all Types of Gamers.

If we have seen that someone is a good Teammate on the Public Servers it is no Problem for us to let them Play on our Closed Servers, but they have to follow the Rules.

Some others whrote it here and thats also my Point of View, a Community needs to have Public Servers to give anyone a Change to get into the wide Community of ArmA or ArmA2 Players. To have only closed Servers isn`t helpfull in that Way, only for the People who plays on these Servers and after a while u will get Bored of playing allways whit the same Teammates.

I would say it will get worse. Cheating and Tk's due to how populated the game will get. Thats what happen with ArmA. At first there were all kinds of issues with cheaters and tk'ers and then BIS and the community made it very hard for them to cheat and tk.... Im sure people remember the banana phone? Nice little addin for some missions for anyone with a negative score.

In my experience, having set some kind of addon, and it doesn't matter how widespread this addon is, as required by the server, lessens the amount of smacktards on public significantly.

You can set the addon name in the server name or provide a URL for it.

So get out there and use what the community has given :) (granted, its not a lot yet, but when the game launches.. :D)

Posts avoiding the censor filter deleted, you know what's censored and you know why, deliberately circumventing that is breaking rule 2, in future it will result in infractions.

hello all

unfortunatly with the "world" release date coming up you will more than likely see a big increase in idiotic behavior, especially as those pirate torrents and fade avoiding exe's etc get out there.

Fortunatly there will also be an bigger increase of good/nice/sexy players with the legit copies.

The problem is that it takes only one idiot to ruin a perfectly fun game.

For those of us who are not clan/squad affilliated (my clan is myself alone) i find that Clan/Squad owned public servers are a nice compromise as usually there is a decent admin on who can kick/ban and restart the server if it gets hacked.

[FUN] servers are/were good, but i've not been able to get on one for years ( i think its my custom face), there's also Beir ag something, sorry i forget but its a German clan and their admins are alway around and are very friendly, and {GoL} were always nice chaps, but they relied heavily on voice coms so be aware of that (leastwise for ARMA1) so one can assume it will be the same for A2.

Bear in mind this is a tiny selection of clans who have/had pub servers and ran them well, there may be and are others.

The servers I'd avoid are the ones set up by games and gaming sites as they are usually Adminless in my experience.

Some clans will hand out their passwords for their private servers if you just register with them and I have done this in the past and would recommend seeking these out. (Actually id love to see a list of those who do this collated somewhere on this forum).

It is all to easy to say "join a clan" but finding one which suits your playstyle/sensibilities/political leanings/apreciation of the same types of ice cream/etc is taxing as well as the fact some of us don't have the time needed to put into online activites as some clans require.

What is easy for one chap isn't as easy for another chap (or chapess)

rgds

LoK

[FUN] servers are/were good, but i've not been able to get on one for years ( i think its my custom face), there's also Beir ag something, sorry i forget but its a German clan and their admins are alway around and are very friendly

Thank you very much for the Flowers, good to read that others like the Way we act.

We are not a Clan, we are a Community and all of our Members are just playing ArmA for Fun.

It is very simple to keep a Server in good Condition for the Players, our Rules we have shows us that we are moving the right Way.

For an Example :

someone connects to our Server and respawn at the Main Base, like on the most Evo Maps. He or She moves to a Ammobox and Pickup a Weapon and shoots around at the Base. If we get aknowledge about it from other Players we try to tell the Player what he or she is doing wrong and that we have a Rule that Prohibites Shooting at the Main Base. The Reason for "No Fire at Base" is simple, some "Friends" seems to have Fun to stay at the Main Base and Kill everyone who Respwan at the Base. If there is no reaction about the "No Fire at Base Rule" we kick the Player, if we know who it is. If the Player reconnects and do the same Stuff we ban them.

If a player accidentally shoots another and not be excused, he exhorted to do so or he will be kicked. If he repeats his actions he is banned.

If we are caught a Cheater, he will be immediately banned for life.

But for all of this i repeat what i have written about Admin :

But for good working servers you need a lot of People who take care about it, because u cant be online 24/7/365

We have in the meantime 27 paying Members and they all have Adminrights on the Servers and we have two elected Super Admins. The Job of an Super Admin is in ArmA1 and 2 to ban Players and to unban them. We also have a PR Admin to recruit new Members from the Public Servers or to give Infos to People who are interested in joining our Community.

I really like this game, and i think many others too....but the developers of this game should consider VERY QUICKLY about a patch!!!!!

A patch which should kick teamkillers (minimum for 4-5 minutes, or ban) after 3 teamkills, or so.

i have played now a view days and it seems to be almost impossible to play with fun.

on the bases it is most worst. so many idiots logged in, and are bored, and so starting to destroy everything....planes....choppers, and of course soldiers too.

i really....REALLY would like to see any kind of automation, which kick or ban this idiots, since there cant be an admin online always!

so if anybody of the developertem or the company would read this, i would appreachiate this very much!!!!

thanks

regards

vienna

Hi vienna1210

Play on servers with an admin.

The abilities ban and kick are already there.

Kind Regards walker

He is right, even on servers with active admins you get those people. They can just destroy the vehicles and stuff. I also think that not all teamkills are shown as tks, but i might be wrong. A way in which this could be improved slightly would be to make people check the chatlog. With 50 people on a server only 5 lines for the chat and for the "news" suchs as "x tked y" are simply not enough and its easy to miss something.

Curry

Hi Operation Currywurst

To review the chat log type [/] then [Page Up] And [Page Down] to move up and down the chat log.

In the long term the clan public servers will take over they tend to have proper admins, they use their public servers for recruiting. They also run private locked and hidden servers that keep the numpties out.

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker