Sign in to follow this  
Topper Harley

Autokick for Teamkillers

Stupid people are a problem with public games. Not much you can do except hope for a decent admin.

Playing on closed servers is the best, not just for the lack of idiots but also the teamwork and fun in playing with a good group of people.

For public servers, the amount of idiots is reduced if you join a server that requires an addon, as most of them are too lazy to download it.

playing in admin servers is the best solution however in real life that cannot happen all the time. You never get servers that have 24/7 admin purely because noone is getting paid to do this job....we have to do another job for a living...

what he is suggesting is simple...like in so many other games you have a server side option to determine after how many teamkills or negative points the player will be automatically kicked...

Problem has been there for ages - I think they should or could incorporate a more user friendly system of voting in this game, but that's just me.

Before someone suggests it, Punkbuster is NOT the answer....

For public servers, the amount of idiots is reduced if you join a server that requires an addon, as most of them are too lazy to download it.

dude..the amount of people named PLAYER1 and ADMINISTRATOR that ive seen to continuosly try and jump on the 2 aussie Arma2 servers (gamingSA and OGN) with version 1.00 when both are running patch 1.01 final and clearly state that they are running patch 1.01final is beyond amazing

You best bet to have a decent game is to join a gaming community or clan of some sorts.

I play with ATOW, Arma Theatre Of War, which isn't a clan or guild, but a collective of Arma players who appreciate the structure, direction and organisation of a complex military system.

For instance, we play within squads, on two conflicting factions, and you are given a speciality and rank which to can work towards. We play 'offical' large scale (64+ player) battles (towards a campaign) once a week, and organised 'fun day' battles frequently. They have a huge team with a collective knowledge of arma, modding and editing that would blow your mind. Besides that, there players are online daily who you can organise a quick game that you know will be great fun and have a purpose.

Quite often the best games are those with small seperate squads, working together within a command structure, and closed to the 'public' (locked server).

If this sounds like something you might be interested in, visit www.arma-tow.com/

Hi all

Join a clan and play on clan servers, they are usualy adminned.

If you are playing on a non admin public server vote an admin

#vote admin (name/ID/PLR#)  Users can vote an admin to control the server

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Multiplayer_Server_Commands

In the long term for all games I think the solution is web of trust certificates. These would be simple to create and use in ArmA.

A simple solution was mentioned above. Many clans use a required addon or addon pack that is needed to play. Such an addon can be as small as single variable; making updating it quick and easy. So that if somome one unathorised obtains it you just update it. To get it you need to be part of the clan. Some clans now require voice communications via Teamspeak or other voice over IP app in order for someone to obtain the addon. Such play passes can made weekly.

My own preference is to use Skype to verify ID by voice and skype ID then pass the addon via it, as it is encrypted.

Clans also use locked and hiden servers for clan matches to keep the numpties out. They then use public servers to vet, train people and recruit players in their clan ethos.

Clans are already building up a description of griefers and their activities and that gets passsed on to developers of BattlEye and DOACS and BIS.

Within the clans these and other methods killed off the cheats and griefers.

As more of the clans move over to ArmA II probably over the next few months when the dedicated servers go up the griefers and cheats will disapear as they did in ArmA I.

Like I say join a clan.

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

What ever mission in ArmA One, that sticks their butt in the "Banana Room", would be nice if built into the game.

What ever mission in ArmA One, that sticks their butt in the "Banana Room", would be nice if built into the game.

ring ring ring ring ring ring ring

BANNANA PHONE :yay:

A lot of working adults will probably be sleeping too. Like me.

Another alternative is to play late when all the kids are sleeping..

Well, my only advice is to avoid playing public servers. I personally play just with friends/clan and I really cant complain :)

And if you really like publics - just teamkill motherfucker few times. Wait on his spawn and shot him 10 times or more - he will leave the server then.

Twice I've seen 'celebratory' TK fests at the end of long respawn missions. This is a normal reaction to crawling around for 2 hours, dying 8 times and firing 3 bullets ;).

Well, my only advice is to avoid playing public servers. I personally play just with friends/clan and I really cant complain :)

And if you really like publics - just teamkill motherfucker few times. Wait on his spawn and shot him 10 times or more - he will leave the server then.

Good answer but wrong mate, if you start tking yourself you'll just add to the fire as it were.

Silent Warriors have 2 public servers running within Arma 1. On our website you can report players for teamkilling and they will get banned, no questions asked. If it was a mistake then that player comes and explains himself via the forums. We dont hear from that player? He stays banned.

Silent Warriors will soon be porting to Arma 2 so look out for our servers soon.

hello all,

just a quickie to say...

Yup, Bier AIG are the chaps I ment! sorry for mispelling.

Mine deutche ist total shrecklich.

rgds

LoK

hello all,

just a quickie to say...

Yup, Bier AIG are the chaps I ment! sorry for mispelling.

Mine deutche ist total shrecklich.

rgds

LoK

Way off topic but your link is pushing cookies... Just by opening up this page. BS to u

Edited by kklownboy

I seem to remember a feature in one of the Warfare versions that would detect TKing. When detected, it then would cause your own army to designate you hostile and kill you. That seemed to work pretty well...

L8r,

eem

I seem to remember a feature in one of the Warfare versions that would detect TKing. When detected, it then would cause your own army to designate you hostile and kill you. That seemed to work pretty well...

L8r,

eem

Hi EEM

That is a standard function in ArmA; if the AI is aware of who TKed.

Kind Regards walker

jhmm thete is a way

Edited by MattXR

Situation is really pathetic right now - no servers set up to handle TK'ers or admins present. We need this on pub servers. Arma2 got huge press so bunch of kids got the game thinking it will be another CS or BF2. They got frustrated that they kill only 1-2 people in hour and start TK'ing left and right. Clans is not the answer.

Edited by Skeptic

There really isn't much BIS can or will do about this issue, it's the same in every game. It was much worse at ArmA's release believe me. The noobs eventually got bored of the game and simply stopped playing in it. BIS introduced BattlEye, of course, which did help. Not only that, but the community even made their own anti-cheat measures. Unfortunately, we're just going to have to put up with release 'tards for a while until they get bored of the game.

Just tell the Tkr that the next Tk, FADE will automatically kick in and ruin his game;)

Its very simple for each server to implement the 'banana room' into their missions as a standard process to avoid this behaviour.

I'm sure they will think twice about tk'ing after spending 2 minutes listening to the infamour banana song, and the only way to avoid it is crashing arma and re-joining.

Its very simple for each server to implement the 'banana room'...

I've ended up listening to the banana song a couple of times after accidental TK's. Man it's horrible! Implement it in some popular missions, should at least help teach a few of the idiots.

But don't expect games to always go smoothly when you're on a public server. It is public after all, and some people just suck.

Hi all

Solutions to Griefers and numpties of all types.

Join a clan and play on clan servers, they usualy have an admin.

If you are playing on a non admin public server vote an admin

#vote admin (name/ID/PLR#)  Users can vote an admin to control the server

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Multiplayer_Server_Commands

You can script your mission with a bannana room (TK Prison)

You can script TK to make AI Aware of the TK and let them police it.

Mandate comms on servers with an admin, no speak no play, prevents the return of a numpty.

Use an addon pass (a clan method that avoids the use of passwords)

Play on passworded and hidden servers and only let those who you trust have access, what the clans do.

As a clan run a public server with an admin to vet players and train them in your clan ethos.

In the long term for all games I think the solution is web of trust certificates. These would be simple to create and use in ArmA. Nobody trusts you and you do not get to play.

Kind regards walker

Edited by walker