Sign in to follow this  
Topper Harley

Autokick for Teamkillers

Man hope those Tk'er stop Tk'ing :P

Yeah lol the banan room should be implemented in all missions! :D

Only a really twisted person would enjoy that song....

I hate clans! I seriously hope there will be more open servers n Arma 2 than passworded ones...

I just wanna jump in and get immersed into the game and the enviroments and not go on Ts and stuff everytime, its always a hassle :P

playing clan practice games, clan matches, clan meetings ect.ect...

Just join a clan that has relaxed play style with no forced meetings etc etc and all that.. In the long run and long term it will be better for your enjoyment. But I do understand where your coming from. Passworded servers are good, and joining TS is not really a chore, as you dont have to even speak just join it to show your bothered.

The german community has always been a bit separate from the rest of the MP community.

Things will be fine once the real release happens.

Oh always the bad Germans...wondering that you don't used the "N" word blockhead. Teamkilling, stealing cars etc. has absolutely nothing to do with the county you live in, its just that the game is free at 16+ in Germany, thats all.

make a mod for team killers to auto switch to a bird flying in the sky so victim can shoot at it :D

I don't think I've ever been TKed in ArmA.

The biggest problem seems to be people who know how to take off, but not how to land.

Even then, if you pay attention you can usually eject before dying.

The biggest problem seems to be people who know how to take off, but not how to land.

I setup a scenario in the mission editor with a bunch of copters yesterday then went in game to practice flying. I had a pretty easy time with most things but the biggest problem for me was trying to land the copters using the in cockpit view since you can't actually see where you are landing. Unless I was landing in a huge open area I would often end up landing on tree or a poll or something.

...the biggest problem for me was trying to land the copters using the in cockpit view since you can't actually see where you are landing. Unless I was landing in a huge open area I would often end up landing on tree or a poll or something.

Yes, it would be great if the lean button would move your head/camera to the side of the cockpit so you can look down and back.

Back on topic. There are some great ideas here that I'm sure would help. I can't understand why BIS hasn't implemented anything in all this time (from ArmA1 development on)

The TK forgive system in BF2 works well I think. For TK'ing too many times without pardon the screen should go black (with a message like "Time Off") and no sound for 1 or more minutes and a kick for repeat offences. That should be built into ArmA2 for all MP modes.

As said in previous posts, many legitimate new players will be put off straight away by the current state of MP games and that will hurt sales through negative feedback to friends etc.

Joining a clan should not be the only way to enjoy MP games.

Edited by EDcase

Well i tried mp for the first time tonight and it was to say the least hell.

A lot of people team killing while waiting for choppers etc,destroying stuff they could not use,a waste of human skin the lot of them.

I hope it was a few odd servers that i was unlucky enough to pick and not all of them like it.

Trying to learn the mp side of it whith these trouser trombonists is like trying

to learn to swim in a poool full of petrol with people flicking matches at you.

ROFLMAO - what a description :D

I've been the one team killing, and I've also been the one team killed, in Arma1. Naturally, by accident. It's part of war. I've been lucky I guess and not have to dealt much with deliberate team killers.

Kiddies ruining everyones games. I just don't get what is fun with it. Admins on public servers should atm really open up for vote kicking. And possibly keep an updated ban-list. Boredom is not an excuse for stupid behaviour and should be punished.

Also, a plea to mission designers. Every player should get a killed EH that prints the name of a team killer to the log, for identification and proof in case someone reports a player to the admin. And email adress to admin should be within the MOTD.

Edited by CarlGustaffa

mission scripters and server/admin addon makers can now utilize getPlayerUID http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/getPlayerUID

and _uid in http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/onPlayerConnected

and _uid in http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/onPlayerDisconnected

to improve theirs work including e.g. TK detection or real admins / officers , clan members ...