The same way that the FN FNC is manufactured by Bofors as the AK5, doesn't change the fact that it's an FN FNC with modifications made to it. A heat shield does not a new weapon design make. Anyway, wrong topic for this discussion :)

Edited by GoOB

FN FNC is manufactured by Bofors as the AK5

AK5 has no 3-rnd burst mod and different furniture

and is M16A1 is the same as M16A2 and M16A4 ? :/

A heat shield does not a new weapon design make

try to use STANAG on Minimi and you will know is it different weapon than M249

the same heat covers issue goes to Marines M240G and infantry M240B, realistic addon of US Army should have M240B , while BIS made M240G for Marines

as some people have in signature on forums: for 90% of players - graphics matter, i am in rest (10%)

Edited by vilas

Anyone working on some M-32 / RG-6 / 6G30 grenade launchers?

I think Razor team should'ev had a dude armed with a M-32 from the start.

Then again they should've had an light AT dude to.

I'd like to see a weapons addon like Aimpoint's weapons pack. I liked only a few weapons addons for ArmA 1, and those were the two at the top of my list.

A cold war warrior: Centurion Tank

If we are going cold war then I would love to see a Victor Bomber one of the meanest looking aircraft ever to be constructed. Also a Soviet Typhoon class submarine for a Red October scenario would be very cool.

My 1st post, so I thought I'd give in some ideas of my own:

1. Mod to holster pistols.

2. A weapons crate dedicated to the MP5 (like SJB's crate: http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?game=0&cat=news&id=86)

3. CH-46 Sea Knight.

4. Tactical Nuclear missile with the possibility to call a strike via the SOM module?

That is all, and thanks:)

I would absolutely love to see more internal views for many more, if not all of the vehicles in the game, especially on the tanks. I feel that is an element that is severely lacking. Many people will probably knock me for suggesting something so superfluous, but i am all about immersion, and that was something i seriously loved about OFP.

Hey I do missions scripting retextureing pretty much everything really however i dont really know how the cars etc work.

-ignore if you want--

I always like to leave my troops at the base or wherever when I "go off on one" and wander about the map. did it alot in manhattan mission and now i play on a warfare map on chernarus with an airfield base and like to leave my team at the base when i go off to do my missions most times just so they dint get away.

-ignore if you want--

I was wandering if anyone thinks they could take on the task of making a car like campfire where you just place it and "get in" the cargo slots like you would any APC etc, however this with a campfire model and the players being visible.

much like stalker series however interactable manually not just ai

Stalker_07.jpg431176828_01ce9141f9.jpg?v=0

is this even possible?? at all with the way the system works, would be ace to cut the back off the Ural and make like a barracks etc, etc just thinking it would be a nice touch. Sorry for the long post tnxs tnxs

A cold war warrior: Centurion Tank

Someone is making an IDF and SA version, its abit different but still basically a centurian.

Linky

I'm supprised that BIS didn't put this in, but what about an F-18? Don't the USMC use those?

They do but, for obvious reasons, they can't operate on Amphibious Assault carriers like the one in the Utes map.

For that to be in the game would've required BIS to make a Nimitz-class carrier in the game as well.

I'm sure the Mods will cook up something good:)

Yes, the USMC and USN both use the F/A-18E/F model. Just have to ask Franze to convert his F/A-18E/F to ArmA II.

I have a new Addon request :)

My wish is to make flying more realistic.

My ideas:

Disable a helicopter to fly or damaging it when flying faster then specified speed and maybe give little warning when speed is near limit. I played DCS:Black Shark, there your rotor breaks when flying faster then allowed. That would be cool because it's unrealistic that the helicopter in ArmA doesn't receive any damage when rushing down from 500 meter height gaining like 400 km/h. Maximum speed values could be easily taken from Wikipedia and other sites.

Also would be cool for aircrafts to let the view zoom out when flying fast.

Simulating the forces affecting a pilot which make him get pressed into his seat. Not immediately, but in little steps depending on the speed.

greets Cionara

Watch!

In Arma

arma22009090920123131.th.jpg

Should b veryyyy very nice if som1 can make a Phalanx (CIWS) (look youtube link) or at least make the one from arma able to move (look picture). They can use the ZU-23 ammo or A10 guns with HiFi sound mod i think.

These days they use it to defend in even the smallest US camps to interupt mortars and rockets fired by the enemy.

Just look at it at night, Awesome! ... Maybe On New Years Day?:D

Thank you for your time..

Edited by redrumNL

I don't know if anyone's thinking about this, but I would love to see some more AK74 variants (Kobra+GP25, PSO+GP25 etc) (and AK74M variants) as well as some more AKM variants including ones with GP25, and perhaps a PSO sight. It might be pedestrian but I think it'd blend in with the current environment of Arma2 & missions by adding some variety & spicing it up for the insurgents/cdf forces, rather than the very scant number of AK/74 variants that the game came with.

Otherwise I might have to learn to do some 3d modelling... :eek:

I don't know if anyone's thinking about this, but I would love to see some more AK74 variants (Kobra+GP25, PSO+GP25 etc) (and AK74M variants) as well as some more AKM variants including ones with GP25, and perhaps a PSO sight. It might be pedestrian but I think it'd blend in with the current environment of Arma2 & missions by adding some variety & spicing it up for the insurgents/cdf forces, rather than the very scant number of AK/74 variants that the game came with.

Otherwise I might have to learn to do some 3d modelling... :eek:

on some requests in this topic my answer was one - P85

for you too , the answer is "wait some weeks for P85"

P85 will bring requested BMP1, Leopards, Landrovers, Gvozdika, many weapons as HK G3, FN FAL, FNC, MG-3, MG-4... and those variants of AK family

i can tell you what will be in P85:

AK47 rifles - model 1948 (real first series AK, almost not known in the world, produced in very small numbers and very very hard to find , the heaviest AK), model 1951 (may appear in some arabic countries in very small numbers), model 1953 , model 3 folded stock, chicom Type56

AKM rifles - Soviet wood and bakelite magazine, with GP25, Polish dark wood, AKMS Polish, AKMS Soviet , silenced AKMS, silenced AKMS with night scope (realistic is 1PN58)

i have no idea why you want PSO on AK ?

you suggest yourself Arma fantasy

RPK - realistic model

RPK 74 - realistic model, RPK with 1PN58

PK - realistic (BIS gave us in game PKM, not PK )

AK small caliber - model 74, model AKS74, AKS74GP25, AK74 with 1PN58 night scope

newest AK - AK 101 (nato) , AK 103, AK 104, realistic AK-107 with cobra , with 1P29 scope

so you will get many weapons in P85 (along with SKS, RPD, even as bonus STG44)

P85 weapons pack cab be used by many mods as basic weapons pack that offers big variety of weapons of cold war era and quite modern (not presented newest weapons as SCAR, Magpul , Kriss, Mk.416 whatever is now used)

P85 will cover mods' needs from 1960 to 2000

Edited by vilas

I'm sure there are some modders working on Afghanistan maps so im hoping for the following addons so I can create a conversion and a realistic campaign:

British paras in desert camo (3 para)

British regular army in desert camo (Royal Artillery, Irish Guards etc..)

SAS in desert camo

WMIK land rovers

Other British land vehicles (pingauzer, Jackal, warrior, trucks)

Chinook (RAF desert camo)

Apache

Tornado (not sure they are currently deployed)

SA80 rifle and all variants

GPMG

L118 (105mm artillery)

US Desert troops (10th Mountain)

USMC desert camo

A10 - desert camo

Delta force

ANA (Afgan national army)

ANP (Afgan national police)

Taliban troops (would need a large number of various outfits and loadouts mainly AK47, PKM, RPG's), dishdash's, headwear turbans etc...

Afghan civilians - men, women & kids

I know this is a big list and I know there are a few of these projects underway but this is what I would need to create a realistic and immersive campaign.

The idea is to recreate a tour of duty with some of the more notorious battles taking place as part of the camapaign but as with real life the player won't know when. I envisage the player taking on a number of roles from foot patrol and patrolling in WMIK to cordon and search operations to full scale assaults and holding actions. Players would be able to call in air support, artillery, medi vac or casevac, but would be faced with the same problems the real soldiers are dealing with i.e. limited resources, not having constant air/artillery support, hostile terrain and a determined and resourceful enemy.

If anyone would like to help with this project....please send me a pm

I'm sure there are some modders working on Afghanistan maps so im hoping for the following addons so I can create a conversion and a realistic campaign:

British paras in desert camo (3 para)

British regular army in desert camo (Royal Artillery, Irish Guards etc..)

SAS in desert camo

WMIK land rovers

Other British land vehicles (pingauzer, Jackal, warrior, trucks)

Chinook (RAF desert camo)

Apache

Tornado (not sure they are currently deployed)

SA80 rifle and all variants

GPMG

L118 (105mm artillery)

US Desert troops (10th Mountain)

USMC desert camo

A10 - desert camo

Delta force

ANA (Afgan national army)

ANP (Afgan national police)

Taliban troops (would need a large number of various outfits and loadouts mainly AK47, PKM, RPG's), dishdash's, headwear turbans etc...

Afghan civilians - men, women & kids

I know this is a big list and I know there are a few of these projects underway but this is what I would need to create a realistic and immersive campaign.

The idea is to recreate a tour of duty with some of the more notorious battles taking place as part of the camapaign but as with real life the player won't know when. I envisage the player taking on a number of roles from foot patrol and patrolling in WMIK to cordon and search operations to full scale assaults and holding actions. Players would be able to call in air support, artillery, medi vac or casevac, but would be faced with the same problems the real soldiers are dealing with i.e. limited resources, not having constant air/artillery support, hostile terrain and a determined and resourceful enemy.

If anyone would like to help with this project....please send me a pm

I'm in the process of making a 4 Rifle Addon although they could be used as any other regular British INfantry Unit really. Weapons will be covered and a few other things too. At the moment the desert versions of everything will be second priority due to the lack of a desert map, I know the A1 maps are in use but until the temperate units get done i probably wont start on the desert guys.

i think we need to make new weapons addons in arma 2 with old addons weapon

as we see weapons alwayes developing

i,m thinking if can make new addons like

make s 300 air defence

http://www.strategycenter.net/imgLib/20060213_03.jpg

make patriot defence

http://www.redstone.army.mil/history...patriot_02.jpg

make tomahak

http://www.navynucweps.com/images/Ar...VertLaunch.jpg

make tobol rocket

http://www.armyrecognition.com/image...Russia_003.jpg

missles boats and ships

battle ships

what is good program to make this addons? or there are any suggestions about this or if bossible make it

I was wondering if it was possible to make the Frigate model and Destroyer models solid so helicopters can land on the back and the pilots can get out. Atm, choppers can land and shut down, but infantry just fall through...

hey woulg be funny to have a zombie mod like the one it was on arma 1 :D

it would be perfect !

hey woulg be funny to have a zombie mod like the one it was on arma 1 :D

it would be perfect !

I WANT A ZOMBIE MOD TOO!!!! :yay:

---------- Post added at 07:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

daring-sea-trials2.jpg

And HMS Daring

And would it be possible to create sinkable ships?

:rolleyes:

Edited by RiCHArd_SAS