Thanks vo.2 :)

Sounds like a good improvement. :D

Will check it out today!

Alright, here's how this should work:

You go to this website and download FRAPS:

http://www.fraps.com/

Now you go to this website:

http://www.youtube.com/

and upload a freaking video of the soundmod.

It's a fairly simple concept, I have absolutely no idea what I could be getting in this soundmod, so do everybody a favor and make a video.

Sorry for being an ass, but I really, really tire of sound mods where the makers can't be bothered to make a video. It'd be like a mod that replaces every model in the game, yet there's no screen shots.

Edited by hypno toad

Seriously?

Go to the downloads page for this mod, there are a couple videos on it.

Might as well post a link since some people are just to lazy to search YouTube for VOP Arma 2.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=5884

Edited by Jon K
Reason is all mine

I got the same error, but the rest of it runs great for me.

Is this going to be supported on the 15th MEU servers then by chance? I tried loading up on the server(s) today after grabbing this update, and still got booted :(

I can't get this to work, what have I done wrong here?

ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -cpucount=8 -mod=@VopSound_2.1; @eliassound -nosplash

Thx

i believe dont use space between mod=@VopSound_2.1; @eliassound

mod=@VopSound_2.1;@eliassound -nosplash i think

The A-10 sound is quite nice, but is it a bug that it breaks up every part of a second if you fire?

Or is it meant to simulate bursts?

Personally i liked the 2.0 GAu-8 a bit better.

Edited by Hiramas

@Vo.2

Good stuff mate as always but gets an extra banana's for being modular! :cool:

:yay::yay::yay:

hypno toad

It'd be like a mod that replaces every model in the game, yet there's no screen shots.

Mate, screenshots are easy to take, getting a good machine with fraps to do our sounds justice is another thing, not forgetting the other issue of TIME. I understand what your saying here but there are nicer ways of asking for things surely ?

Just an observation...

OK not sure what is going on with the latest version 2.1 of VopSound but with the server using signed keys and the files moved on the client so all in the "Addons" folder when joining the server it says all the files are not signed.

Has the bikey been changed between versions and not included (using the one that is in the v2.1 download) or am I missing something here?

Inside this new Addons folder you place the .pbo and .bisign files you would like from your extracted archive and the appropriate subfolders.

The way I read that all addons should be in the root "VopSound_2.1/Addons" folder which is the way I would expect and not in subfolders?

Edited by BearBison

Realy great to see an existing large sound mod moving into the modular format. Setting the standard for anything onwards I hope :)

I was dreaming of this since Arma1 .. no more config butchering for personal use ... Loverly. The fact that I can simply use the walking and ambient sounds (this alone from your mod is a keeper), and bullet crack and hit sounds without anything else is so much more flexible.

Great work, strangely I prefer most of BIS stock guns for Arma2 (not being negative on your mod) .. which says something becuase I cringed at Arma1's attempts.

Thanks alot!

OK not sure what is going on with the latest version 2.1 of VopSound but with the server using signed keys and the files moved on the client so all in the "Addons" folder when joining the server it says all the files are not signed.

Has the bikey been changed between versions and not included (using the one that is in the v2.1 download) or am I missing something here?

The server key has not been changed and I've used the same private key as in the last version.

The way I read that all addons should be in the root "VopSound_2.1/Addons" folder which is the way I would expect and not in subfolders?

Right.

Edit: Confirmed broken signatures. What a mess :( Will address that later including the fix for the "downloadable content" message. Sorry.

Edited by vo.2

Edit: Confirmed broken signatures. What a mess :( Will address that later including the fix for the "downloadable content" message. Sorry.

np, been troubleshooting this all morning and couldn't see any other possible option.

Not sure if others are getting this Dedi Server Error but when I join my server now I get "Can't play/edit dependent on vops_c_guns".

I downloaded twice and reloaded sound but still get error, did not get it in VOP 2.0. :confused:

Thanks, look forward to the update as others said it still runs fine.

we are waiting eagerly for the fix :)

But exept for this A-10 thing (you clearly can hear the repeating sound file when fireing longer)

it is again impressive work.

And you made a lot of people happy with the compatibility with the other sound mods.

Edited by Hiramas

i believe dont use space between mod=@VopSound_2.1; @eliassound

mod=@VopSound_2.1;@eliassound -nosplash i think

Nope, I still only get the original sounds. :( Doesn't work. No mods works. Wtf is going on?

This is what I have:

Vopsound_2.1_error.jpg'

I actually don't understand the "addon" folder either... :confused:

Take the .pbo's and bisigns out of their respective folders and try it then. :)

But, that will erase the content??? So why would I take those PBO's away? :butbut:

Take the .pbo's and bisigns out of their respective folders and put them direct into the "@VopSound_2.1/AddOns" folder.

can also confirm.. problems with 2.1 and dedicated servers...

tried on 3 of them...

Your folder structure should look something like my image (I have them in a mod folder called Sounds though) Image

However at the moment they will not work on a server if signatures are checked as there is an issue.

wait, so are there no tracked vehicles or rotor wings with this sound mod? I need to then dl another two mods?

Yes although at the current time Tango Romeos Tracked Vehicles Sound Mod is not signed so will cause you issues on servers that check signatures.

Edited by BearBison

@Anders ... your missing the point completely mate :)

Its modular so the PBO's are broken up into those folders (categories) to drag and drop into the "addons" folder. So you don't copy the actual folders into addons, JUST the pbos that you want to use.

If I want just "wheeled vehicles" I simply copy the pbos contained within the "wheeled vehicles" folder over to the "addons" folder, I DONT copy the actual "wheeled vehicles" folder itself.

So you then simply end up with a bunch of .pbo files in the addons folder only, then it will be read by the game and will work. You dont have folders within the "addons" folder, this game only reads pbo's in the root of "addons" only.

Hope that explains it better :)

PS caps & bold are for emphasis not shouting LOL :)

Edited by mrcash2009

Take the .pbo's and bisigns out of their respective folders and put them direct into the "@VopSound_2.1/AddOns" folder.

Haha, oh okay. :o Didnt understand that. Now it works. :) Thx mates!

Edited by -=anders=-

How does this work with multiplayer? Will I be able to join any mulitplayer game with this mod active?