Sign in to follow this  
vo.2

VopSound 2.1

"VopSound_2.1\addons\vops_c_environmental.pbo", "VopSound_2.1\addons\vops_c_fixedwings.pbo", "VopSound_2.1\addons\vops_c_gear.pbo", "VopSound_2.1\addons\vops_c_guns.pbo", "VopSound_2.1\addons\vops_c_impact.pbo", "VopSound_2.1\addons\vops_c_wheeled.pbo"

Might be more, that's where the rpt entry stops.

Edit: Btw, you can run a dedi server beside A2 with a simple server.cfg that includes verifySignatures = 1 and so on for testing.

Edit2: You don't need to create a new bikey and biprivatekey, now users with 2.0 can't join anymore.

Xeno

Edited by Xeno

I thought it might be a problem with using the old private key so I made a new one. But it seems there is something wrong with the dssignfile.exe though.

I installed this mod but for some reason it doesn't make sounds any better, it just removes all gun sounds. What's up with that? I know I installed it correctly.

YAS is quite helpful in creating a key and signing pbos.

For a replacement sound pack, you may consider one all time key and one new key per

release. So sign them twice for every release.

This way server admins can decide to 'encourage' people to update or to allow any

version of your work.

Download links are broken for the new key and configs.

From 2.1 release:

Error: sample vops_s_environmental\light_sea.wss with unsupported sample frequency: 48000

Error: sample vops_s_wheeled\puff1.wss with unsupported sample frequency: 96000

There is a typo in Vops_c_Guns config.cpp

class RPK_74: AK_74 {

class Single: Mode_SemiAuto
	{
		begin1[] =
		{
			"\Vops_s_Guns\[color="Red"]ak74_s2.wss[/color]",
		};
		soundBegin[] =
		{
			"begin1",
		};
	};

I think it has to be ak74_snew2.wss like the others.

Edited by Kaltrasierer

I installed this mod but for some reason it doesn't make sounds any better, it just removes all gun sounds. What's up with that? I know I installed it correctly.

You know you installed it correctly and you get no sounds. Sounds sane mate. Strange i got all sounds from the mod hmm...

There is a typo in Vops_c_Guns config.cpp

class RPK_74: AK_74 {

class Single: Mode_SemiAuto
	{
		begin1[] =
		{
			"\Vops_s_Guns\[color="Red"]ak74_s2.wss[/color]",
		};
		soundBegin[] =
		{
			"begin1",
		};
	};

I think it has to be ak74_snew2.wss like the others.

Thanks!

Fixed Config and signed with version 2.0 key (Date modified: 07.06.2009).

Server Admins who downloaded the new key yesterday need to roll back, the key is included.

http://www.filedropper.com/vopsound21signed

Tested on dedicated server, should work now.

You need to delete the old bisign files as they had another filename. Then simply copy the update over your existing folder where the vops pbos are in. The config containers will be overwritten and the new bisign files added.

- fixed config by kju
- M24 bolt action less audible over distance
- truck gear sound removed
- RPK single shot typo fixed

Edited by vo.2

Key and sign files work now, good job, finally :)

Xeno

You know you installed it correctly and you get no sounds. Sounds sane mate. Strange i got all sounds from the mod hmm...

Well I put it in it's own folder @Vopsound_2.1 with the addons folder inside of it in my arma folder, edited the shortcut link to have

-mod=@VopSound_2.1 at the end and I just get no sounds for guns, when it's active.

Edited by Moltengrace

Awesome, and now supported with "TRSM" and RH_Heli".

Downloading and testing :yay::bounce3:

Did some small testing, so far sounds pretty good. but I noticed that some times the Grenade launcher on the amtrack makes no impact sound. I was shooting at an M1A1Tusk most grenades that hit the tank had no sound. Don't know if this is all grenade weapons, or even a bis bug (it was a large battle).

Is it ok to use this with Mark's A10 sound addon?

I think the explosion sounds are a bit weak. For the secondaries, when the ammo etc is cooking off, it sounds good. But the initial explosion could use some ooomph, I feel.

Anyway, thanks for your fine efforts. Great mod :cool:

Anyone have any ideas why this mod just doesn't work for me? It seems to just remove all gun shot sounds.

Anyone have any ideas why this mod just doesn't work for me? It seems to just remove all gun shot sounds.

Try this,

first, remove all files in your VopSound addon folders. then open "VopSound_2.1.rar" and extract the pbo you want with filename like "Vop_s_****.pbo"

Then open the new "VopSound_2.1signed.rar" and extract all the relevant sound files. eg, you only use environment sound, then extract "VOP_*_Environment.***"

Try this,

first, remove all files in your VopSound addon folders. then open "VopSound_2.1.rar" and extract the pbo you want with filename like "Vop_s_****.pbo"

Then open the new "VopSound_2.1signed.rar" and extract all the relevant sound files. eg, you only use environment sound, then extract "VOP_*_Environment.***"

But I want them all, that's the reason I downloaded this mod. :(

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------

Also, the other version isn't up for download anymore.

go to the first page, download both files. after that do as I told you. if you want everything, then extract everything. another thing is, inside the addon folder, there shouldn't be any subfolders

ooooh, now it's working. I just kind of figured, the big download button was the download button, not the tiny grey button with german on it. Hopefully it works after this.

The 2.1 does not work for me here ? kinda weird sounds or not a sound at all..

and what is the difference between

Vops_s_Environmental.pbo and Vops_c_Environmental.pbo

I think that i must choose 1 file , right ?

Good to hear you got it fixed. Eagerly awaiting the key for V2.1 :).

The 2.1 does not work for me here ? kinda weird sounds or not a sound at all..

and what is the difference between

Vops_s_Environmental.pbo and Vops_c_Environmental.pbo

I think that i must choose 1 file , right ?

No no no...

You need both "s" and "c" as far as i know. What you CAN choose is to not have for example "environment" if you dont like it. But then you also need to remove the 4 files it contains as both have signed files with them as well. So if you want all sounds replaced in ARMA2 with this mod - you need to have all 24 files in your @VOP2.1/Addons folder.

But if you for some reason dont want the environment sounds then remove:

Vops_c_Environmental.pbo

vops_c_environmental.VopSound.bisign

Vops_s_Environmental.pbo

vops_s_environmental.VopSound.bisign

Hope it helps.

Alex

What about gameplay changes? Can you install only the sounds now and leave the gameplay changes uninstalled?