Sign in to follow this  
vo.2

VopSound 2.1

Thank you, might be a config error, I'll look into this.

hmm i hope u change only the recoil and not the reflex sights , cause i missed them in 1.01 and was happy to see them with vop mod :D

First up, thanks for making such an awesome mod so soon after release. The one thing I found lacking in ARMA2 was the weapon sounds. One thing I did notice after putting the new config in the mod folder is that all of the XM8 series rifles are pretty messed up. The weapon descriptions are mismatched, also the attributes have been switched around (automatic rifle has a drum magazine, but only 30 rounds capacity).

Thats the only bug I've come across thus far (besides the G36 burst/auto no recoil that was posted earlier).

One suggestion though, I noticed that the grenade explosion sound is exactly equal to the MLRS explosions. Maybe a future update could make larger explosions have a more "oomph" sound to them (if this is possible, I have not the slightest clue about modding sounds in ARMA2).

Thanks for your great work!

One suggestion though, I noticed that the grenade explosion sound is exactly equal to the MLRS explosions. Maybe a future update could make larger explosions have a more "oomph" sound to them (if this is possible, I have not the slightest clue about modding sounds in ARMA2).

Thanks for your great work!

What kind of MLRS ammunition did you use?

Phosphor and Smoke shells have the (vanilla ArmA)grenade sound assigned (will be changed in the next release), but explosive rounds should sound different.

First up, thanks for making such an awesome mod so soon after release. The one thing I found lacking in ARMA2 was the weapon sounds. One thing I did notice after putting the new config in the mod folder is that all of the XM8 series rifles are pretty messed up. The weapon descriptions are mismatched, also the attributes have been switched around (automatic rifle has a drum magazine, but only 30 rounds capacity).

:j: Thanks for the heads up, next one on my todo list.

Did you experience this with the "old" config as well?

Also heard that the G36 produced different sounds after reloading. Also in Beta ofcourse. From time to time it changes sound after reload. Thats how i understood it anyway.

Bit quick release? Lots of new tech in the new engine i guess. Takes some time to check it through so it all works.

Alex

72;1315415']Also heard that the G36 produced different sounds after reloading. Also in Beta ofcourse. From time to time it changes sound after reload. Thats how i understood it anyway.

Bit quick release? Lots of new tech in the new engine i guess. Takes some time to check it through so it all works.

Alex

As mentioned earlier, it is supposed to change sounds, but not just after reload.

It does not work in rapid fire for some reason. With a delay between 2 shots from the same magazine it works. (sometimes)

begin1[] = {"\VopSound\Guns\g36_s.wss", 2.23872, 1, 1100};
	begin2[] = {"\VopSound\Guns\g36_s1.wss", 2.23872, 1, 1100};
	soundBegin[] = {"begin1", 0.5, "begin2", 0.5};

good work i like your mod, continu :yay:

i had fun making a small video with your sound :D

What kind of MLRS ammunition did you use?

Phosphor and Smoke shells have the (vanilla ArmA)grenade sound assigned (will be changed in the next release), but explosive rounds should sound different.

:j: Thanks for the heads up, next one on my todo list.

Did you experience this with the "old" config as well?

Welp, after updating to 1.02, the XM8 problems have disappeared. It must have been a problem on my side... sorry about that.

I didnt check yet but is there a sound when rain is falling? I didnt track this in vanilla arma 2 sound.

the thing i dont like in vop 2 and think its way better in vanilla are the bullets fly by suprersonic cracks.

in vanilla it sounds so awsome intense when you are under fire while in vop i dont even feel a thread when i get shot at, pls change this in a future patch cause it takes away alot of immersion

I didnt check yet but is there a sound when rain is falling? I didnt track this in vanilla arma 2 sound.

pretty sure rain is silent in vanilla

I noticed the T90 firing from far distance and it sounded shit hot (ARMA2 original sounds) so i was thinking of if you will change all distant sounds for all weps too? Big job i know but could end up in awesome atmosphere hearing a battle fighting out further away.

Alex

Maybe I missed something, but this mod seems to remove the ability for pilots to assign targets to gunner or use manual fire. Any reason why a sound mod made this change?

In a few of my missions, this ability is integral to the gameplay, it no longer works.

does this work with steam downloads?

Steam version shouldnt be any different than store bought, other than the auto-updater

:confused: Just an update on my issue a few posts above. After further testing, VOP 2.0 removes certain armor from vehicle radars, making it essentially un-targetable. I guess I'll look into the PBOs to see why.

EDIT:

After more testing in the editor, it seems to happen with certain vehicles:

UAZ, T-72, all cars, mobile arty.

Deff related to the config file, it seems they changed a bunch of things not mentioned in the notes. VOP is awesome, and always has been, but I'm worried about running it now until I know what was changed other than sounds.

Edited by callaway

Steam version shouldnt be any different than store bought, other than the auto-updater

Yea, It is, Its in a different folder under steam>ACCOUNTNAME>Common>Arma2

But i don't see it working for me.

:confused: Just an update on my issue a few posts above. After further testing, VOP 2.0 removes certain armor from vehicle radars, making it essentially un-targetable. I guess I'll look into the PBOs to see why.

EDIT:

After more testing in the editor, it seems to happen with certain vehicles:

UAZ, T-72, all cars, mobile arty.

Deff related to the config file, it seems they changed a bunch of things not mentioned in the notes.

Sorry, but this is nonsense.

Make sure you are using the latest config, I can't reproduce any mentioned issue.

I just downloaded latest version (including updated config).

I don't have any issues targeting anything, I'll admit I just had a quick test but worked alright for me :)

Used:

AI gunner inside Ah1 using M197 & Hellfires vs all russian armour variants. Everything burned :)

vo. 2,

Sounds great, I'm at work now, but I'm going to try it when I get home.

Is there any chance you can revise the sound suppressed/SD weapons? I haven't tried them all, but the M4 with a suppressor is very Hollywood. I'm much rather it be the actual CRACK that it is. Check these vids:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mF8d0XcWSVw

This is an older vid, so I'm sure suppressor tech has improved, but still, a good comparison of M16 vs. M16 with a suppressor:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otKhQMolH48

What do you think?

i have similar problems like callaway, however i can use manual fire and i can manually lock on targets (rightclick) but i cant autolock on tanks (i tested bmp3,T72,tunguska vs Cobra,AV8B), and they r not red on radar, they r grey. without vop noproblemo. reproduceable here.

btw i love ur sounmod, it was always my favorite in arma1.

i hope u add the A10 sounds that someone mentioned here :)

i have similar problems like callaway, however i can use manual fire and i can manually lock on targets (rightclick) but i cant autolock on tanks (i tested bmp3,T72,tunguska vs Cobra,AV8B), and they r not red on radar, they r grey. without vop noproblemo. reproduceable here.

Then they have turned off their engine. I see no problem there.

Anyone else having an issue since the 1.02 hotfix? Mine just seems to have ceased to work, reinstalled as well and still nothing :/

edit: my bad, i'm a noob. Somehow convinced myself it didnt sound as awesome as before, but actually it was still fine. Great mod btw :)

Edited by Rawz

Ok, I made youtubes. Honestly, I'm a little shocked at the response, especially to an avid fan trying to make a favorite mod possibly better. I've tested this over and over and found issues. If I turn off VOP they are gone. Use an AZ-1 Cobra, then try to lock an Insurgent T-72, for some reason it won't work with VOP active.

--Maybe there is something else going on, but there is no reason to be defensive. If I'm doing someone wrong, I'll be happy to know it's not VOP.

All mods off except VOP, map with AH1-Z and Innsurgent T-72. Notice the gunner doesn't see the tank at all and it's shown as grey on the radar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ic6gDbHEIfQ

Same map with VOP off, gunner immediatly sees tank and it is targetable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSjHh5yWFOY

Maybe my config is bad or corrupt? I'll try the older version.

Edited by callaway

Ok, I made youtubes. Honestly, I'm a little shocked at the response, especially to an avid fan trying to make a favorite mod possibly better. I've tested this over and over and found issues. If I turn off VOP they are gone. Use an AZ-1 Cobra, then try to lock an Insurgent T-72, for some reason it won't work with VOP active.

--Maybe there is something else going on, but there is no reason to be defensive. If I'm doing someone wrong, I'll be happy to know it's not VOP.

All mods off except VOP, map with AH1-Z and Innsurgent T-72. Notice the gunner doesn't see the tank at all and it's shown as grey on the radar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ic6gDbHEIfQ

Same map with VOP off, gunner immediatly sees tank and it is targetable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSjHh5yWFOY

Maybe my config is bad or corrupt? I'll try the older version.

There was no offence intended buddy. The videos are not available, but I tried to reproduce your problem and I think I got the point.

Changelog from first version:

-disabled engine start when turning turret

In Vanilla ArmA, as the AI always moves the turret, even when idling around, you may get red target indicators in your radar.

With VopSound enabled they appear grey until the crew turn their engine on.

They are targetable via right mouse button though, so I dont understand why it might be essential in your missions to only "tab" them. ;)

Edit:

Watched the videos. Put the crosshair over the grey target indicator in your radar and press your "lock target" (standard key is right mouse) button.

Edit2: For clarification, add a waypoint for the T72. You can lock with TAB then.

Edited by vo.2