Sign in to follow this  
opteryx

The Most Obscure Easter egg(s)

Well, out of several thousands of surface textures I randomly stumbled across this

Not exactly a find of historical proportions, but obscure none the less..... which leads me to ask, what else is there..?

I randomly stumbled across this

I wonder how obvious is it ingame. :butbut:

Hmm, I'm thinking of taking an F35B up to a high altitude and checking? Maybe we'll find something! :butbut:

It's right in the middle of a dense tree cluster so it's not meant to be seen in-game.

Damn. Well, there went my stupid idea! Any others?

Oh i love easteregg theads to see what funny things they have ingame :D

Oh, okay. It would have been a funny easter egg for pirates. Not that they deserve one, but it'd show BIS' sense of humor well.

Here you can find lots of Easter Eggs ...

For example: Malden Tours, Tetris on AA Pod launcher, General Armstrong, Sascha H. aka Mr. Murray, Guba ....

Is that there when you pirate the game, or for all versions? :biggrin_o:

don't know if its on pirated versions, but it works in my legal one :O

@legislator: thx for posting in german boards^^ didn't want to register for this 2 pics.

Is general Armstrong the same person as Dave A. from OFP ?

Probably not, probably just a little easter egg for us OFP players :D

Probably not, probably just a little easter egg for us OFP players :D

Well, but it would probably fit :D

Well, but it would probably fit :D

Generally speaking if you start out at the rank of private you don't reach general and you also don't switch from Army to Marines.

In ofp, you got promoted from private to lieutenant, then to Captain through the storyline, with the assumption that you get further promoted at the end of the game. In ArmA1 'Colonel' Armstrong gives a briefing to your men at the beginning. After the successful defense and recapture of Sahrani, one could assume that Armstrong gets a further promotion. Now he is general Armstrong.

An unrealistic raise through the ranks I know, but it makes for nice storytelling, and its fun to subconsciously realize a link between all the games, makes it more of a progression through time, than three separate games. Which essentially is what the game's, engine is.

At most times during military service you can apply to change unit, or you can be recommended. For example, a friend of mine who is in the TA, started as soldier in the Royal Signals. However, he didn't find it entertaining, opted for a Para Selection Course and has now entered the Para's full time.

In ofp, you got promoted from private to lieutenant, then to Captain through the storyline, with the assumption that you get further promoted at the end of the game. In ArmA1 'Colonel' Armstrong gives a briefing to your men at the beginning. After the successful defense and recapture of Sahrani, one could assume that Armstrong gets a further promotion. Now he is general Armstrong.

An unrealistic raise through the ranks I know, but it makes for nice storytelling, and its fun to subconsciously realize a link between all the games, makes it more of a progression through time, than three separate games. Which essentially is what the game's, engine is.

At most times during military service you can apply to change unit, or you can be recommended. For example, a friend of mine who is in the TA, started as soldier in the Royal Signals. However, he didn't find it entertaining, opted for a Para Selection Course and has now entered the Para's full time.

A.) He was a lieutenant/captain in ArmA. If you play the Dolores mission with

the bridges he is killed at the end of it... at least everytime I have played.

B.) Going from the signals to the paras isn't a branch change though at least as far as I know. Going from the Royal Marines to the Royal Air Force would be closer to what Armstrong would've had to do.

Maybe, but I can live with the weird biography :D Perhaps it's his brother anyway.

Thats possible too.

According to someone I know there's a possible Aliens reference on the carrier when you're prepping to blow the Radio tower thing up. He can't remember the specifics but it does mention the name Hudson and a line similar to one in Aliens

According to someone I know there's a possible Aliens reference on the carrier when you're prepping to blow the Radio tower thing up. He can't remember the specifics but it does mention the name Hudson and a line similar to one in Aliens

If there is. It has to be this legendary line...

Hudson: That's it man, game over man, game over! What the fuck are we gonna do now? What are we gonna do?