Sign in to follow this  
alex.xp

VME PLA MOD for ARMA II

I am getting an error

cannot load texture "examples\data\eye2_nohq.paa"

does anyone know which vehicle is causing this?

Alex, would you be OK letting the Iranian Forces Mod make use of your HQ-7 model? I've been working with YorT to fix and update the mod, and mobile AA--particularily SAMs--are one area the Iranians are rather lacking in.

Alex, would you be OK letting the Iranian Forces Mod make use of your HQ-7 model? I've been working with YorT to fix and update the mod, and mobile AA--particularily SAMs--are one area the Iranians are rather lacking in.

please give me your e-mail, i will send the models to you.

I have sort of merged ACEX_PLA and VME_PLA together in the sense that VME soldiers use ACEX_PLA weapons and ammunition, and have updated names in the editor, although I am stumped on how to give them Chinese voices from Fromz PLA...

If someone could do ACE configs for VME, it would be much easier to merge and VME vehicles would work heaps better. I can give the rifles and ammunition ace configs, but I don't know how to give the vehicles ACE configs, which is what is really important, because at the moment if someone wanted to use ACE weapons they could use my mod which gives VME soldiers ACEX_PLA weapons and better editor IDs.

Also, how would I go about putting VME in the independent side instead of the opfor side?

---------- Post added at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 PM ----------

I am also getting an annoying glitch where the backpack doesn't show up ingame on most models, yet there is still a shadow of a backpack on my soldiers' backs.

I have sort of merged ACEX_PLA and VME_PLA together in the sense that VME soldiers use ACEX_PLA weapons and ammunition, and have updated names in the editor, although I am stumped on how to give them Chinese voices from Fromz PLA. If someone could do ACE configs for VME, it would be much easier to merge and VME vehicles would work heaps better. I can give the rifles and ammunition ace configs, but I don't know how to give the vehicles ACE configs, which is what is really important, because at the moment if someone wanted to use ACE weapons they could use my mod which gives VME soldiers ACEX_PLA weapons and better editor IDs. Also, how would I go about putting VME in the independent side instead of the opfor side? I am also getting an annoying glitch where the backpack doesn't show up ingame on most models, yet there is still a shadow of a backpack on my soldiers' backs.

Sides are represented by a single-digit number in the configs. Each number, I believe it is 0-2 or 1-3, corresponds with a side. Find the config line that has to do with sides and you should be good.

Also, could you have the PLA guys use the PMC DLC faces?

Cheers.

Just gave the type 97 APC ace configs, LIKE A BOSS:cool:

All there is to do is fix the backpack shadow issue, give the ACEX_PLA tank and APC's coax machine gun green tracers and a better sound.wss file and then put VME_PLA faction into Independant side and I think my merge my be complete :)

Just gave the type 97 APC ace configs, LIKE A BOSS:cool:

W000t :) He shoots, he scores! :D Congrats!

Is there a list off classnames for these? could not find reference from this thread.

Edit* NVM, depbo'd for classes

Edited by Katipo66

Anyone else getting the backpack glitch- the one where only "T Camo" riflemen have modelled backpacks, and the rest have a shadow of the backpack but not the backpack itself?

Also the special operations troops have the backpack modelled properlly but it is "T Camo" and not in special forces camo.

Also if anyone knows how to fix this, please let me know.

@Sickboy

Could you please add the ACEX_PLA ammo classnames and their "ace_mass", "ace_caliber" and "ace_penetrationMultiplier" to ace_sys_wounds/config.bin please.

I would give the 5.8x42mm machinegun/sniper round (different to rifle round) an ace_penetrationMultiplier value of 1.2, although it is up to you guys.

This would mean that ACEX_PLA users won't have to dpbo ace_sys_wounds and add those rounds to the config.bin file every update, and with my ACE-compatable VME_PLA mod about a week from release, the amount of users of ACEX_PLA will hopefully rise.

Why? Because my ace compatable vme_pla will require ACEX_PLA - which many players have lying around but haven't used for a while since it "died out".

ACE compat vme_pla will feature modified vme_pla files (which has recently become open source) and they will be depented on ACEX_PLA files (Weapons, Vehicles, eventually voices), but ACEX_PLA files are not included.

Anyway thanks in advanced :)

Interesting that you feel you should post in the PLA thread to contact us about ACE, memory w000zy on Issue Tracker?? :p

Sheer luck I am following :D

Anyway, ACEX_PLA is fully unsupported. And there's no need to move values into sys_wounds, or to repbo sys_wounds "at every release" etc.

You can create an override config that requires the specific ACEX_PLA addons and Wounds, and add / change whatever you desire :)

If you have some ammo config that defines ACEX_PLA / VME ammo classes with properties like mass etc, I suppose we can add it if it's just a drop-in. But IMO it is unneeded.

Lastly ode to you for the initiative and effort, and wish u luck ;-)

Edited by Sickboy

Interesting that you feel you should post in the PLA thread to contact us about ACE, memory w000zy on Issue Tracker??

Sheer luck I am following

Anyway, ACEX_PLA is fully unsupported. And there's no need to move values into sys_wounds, or to repbo sys_wounds "at every release" etc.

You can create an override config that requires the specific ACEX_PLA addons and Wounds, and add / change whatever you desire

If you have some ammo config that defines ACEX_PLA / VME ammo classes with properties like mass etc, I suppose we can add it if it's just a drop-in. But IMO it is unneeded.

Lastly ode to you for the initiative and effort, and wish u luck ;-)

Cheers mate, sorry about posting in the wrong place, I tried PMing you but it wouldn't let me and I didn't think of the issue tracker :p

Anyone who wishes to work on an ACE compatable VME_PLA check out this thread: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=2048148#post2048148

Anyone with modelling experience (any at all) would be great help, especially in getting rid of the annoying backpack shadow glitch, which now I am almost positive is part of the soldier models having shadows modelled into them which were meant to be covered and used with the backpacks.

Any fix (that doesn't require ace/acex_pla) the ace compatable version gets will ofcourse be sent to those working on the non-ace compatable version (for example the backpack glitch and the 'cannot load eye texture' problem).

Just want to thank Alex and the rest of VME for their great mod, and thanks for leaving it open for us to edit in this unfortunate turn of events :)

First; happy new year to everyone!

Second; on 26. Dec last year there was a new VME PLA version released on the chinese forums.

Taken that perhaps people are still interested, I reuploaded it myself on a western filehoster, since I cant bear think about how much of a pain in the a** that cancerous chinese filehoster can be for people who cant read chinese (when even I had to go through pains to download it after surviving a real torrent of ad- and spyware garbage)...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KF7O8CU2

This 'commemorative version' released on Chairman Mao's 118th birthday has quite some few improvements in it, mostly fixing some problems and glitches mentioned in the official VME bug tracker on devheaven, as well as some new added content, like the ZTZ-96A main battle tank, Z-9 light attack helo and the J-10B fighter jet.

This latest update of the final version is made by some leftovers of the original veteran VME crew, and should be seen as a farewell to the community by them.

The mod itself will be updated though, time to time, but slow, unsteady and by an understrenght crew. Hope is that they, or others will assemble again to mod for ArmA3.

original thread:

http://www.chinavme.com/thread-20281-1-1.html

Third; Enjoy.

Great mod, sadly i get this errormessag at startup: Addon vme_pla_heads_C requieres addon vme_pla_heads

I get that too. Everything else seems to work okay though.

Thanks for making these. As someone from the UK, it's really cool to see the warriors of China. I suppose other games have featured the PLA, but always in a really bullshit way. Nice to see someone doing them justice.

I'm really impressed with the scale of the mod. There's some things need tweaking, but thanks for your hard work so far! :)

I have a problem with my internet right now and will take a whole day to download it. But thats only if the stars align in a certain way. My wireless keeps dropping the connection. Normally it allows me to pick back up where it disconnected but for some reason all the links for this mod reset every time I get disconnected. So I can't seem to get more than 10 % downloaded. :mad:

So i'm wondering if the links on the first page are the new version or the last version. The ones from the chinese site. That way i might be able to download it one part at a time.

I always use the last version in my missions. This is an excellent mod.

Gnat, I was wondering if you were planning on making a chinese version of your SU-33? I was reading the other day and found out that the chinese bought 2 of them and copied it, stealing all the tech, then cancelled the orders they had for more. Then made their own version of it. So a reskin of your Su-33 would probably be the only thing you would need to do.

Thanks

Great mod, sadly i get this errormessag at startup: Addon vme_pla_heads_C requieres addon vme_pla_heads

This shouldnt be normal. Try to reinstall.

Getting following error message: http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/1...1415501309.png

from @vme_pla

This is sadly normal and wont affect the gameplay, besides having your troops looking strangely at you with creepy shark eyes.

I have a problem with my internet right now and will take a whole day to download it. But thats only if the stars align in a certain way. My wireless keeps dropping the connection. Normally it allows me to pick back up where it disconnected but for some reason all the links for this mod reset every time I get disconnected. So I can't seem to get more than 10 % downloaded.

So i'm wondering if the links on the first page are the new version or the last version. The ones from the chinese site. That way i might be able to download it one part at a time.

I always use the last version in my missions. This is an excellent mod.

Gnat, I was wondering if you were planning on making a chinese version of your SU-33? I was reading the other day and found out that the chinese bought 2 of them and copied it, stealing all the tech, then cancelled the orders they had for more. Then made their own version of it. So a reskin of your Su-33 would probably be the only thing you would need to do.

Thanks

The first page links arent the newest. Better go to Armaholic, where Big was so nice to put the link to the latest version on the frontpage:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14100

And I support the notion with the Su-33!

The J-15 is externally not very different to the Su-33 (albeit the wing-tip pylons are different to the Russian version for compability with Chinese missiles like the PL-8 that has larger control surfaces), but cockpit as well as avionics and engines are Chinese designed and look different. Also, it is multirole, which means it can launch precision guided anti ship and anti surface ordnance due to its multirole pulse doppler radar (or AESA, as some insider leaks are indicating).

For more information; refer to this valuable source on Chinese military aviation:

http://cnair.top81.cn/J-10_J-11_FC-1.htm

J-15 Flying Shark

One of the J-15 prototypes was landing at SAC in mid-2011 revealing a retracted IFR probe behind the port side of the nose, canard forplanes and the indigenous WS-10H turbofan engine nozzles. J-15 is the first generation of Chinese shipborne fighter aircraft being developed by both 601 Institute and SAC for PLAN's first aircraft carrier. Initially there were rumors claiming that J-15 was a new semi-stealth design based on a similar but more advanced stealth design developed earlier by SAC/601 Institute to compete for the J-20 project (see below). However this design (J-18?) appears to be a follow-on design which is in the early development stage at SAC. In order to save time and cut cost, the aircraft turned out to be based on Russian Su-33 in terms of structural configuration and flight control system as well as domestic J-11B (see above) in terms of radar and weapon systems. Similar to Su-33, J-15 features enlarged folding wings/horizontal tailfins, strengthened landing gears with twin nose wheels, an arresting hook, a pair of small canard foreplanes and a larger wing area to improve its low speed handling and shortened tailcone to avoid tail-strike during high AoA landing. Some key shipborne aircraft technologies such as landing/navigational systems are believed to have been obtained from Russia and Ukraine. One Su-33 prototype (T-10K-3) was acquired from Ukraine around 2001 and has been studied extensively. Some components onboard J-15 are based on those onboard J-11B, such as the anti-ship enhanced PD radar, the glass cockpit as well as the improved WS-10H turbofan engine with a higher TO thrust (12,800kg) and better acceleration in order to achieve full-load taking off from the ski-jump. It can also fire a variety of Chinese designed weapons, including PL-8, PL-12 AAMs and YJ-83K AShM. Overall J-15 is believed to be in the same class of American F/A-18C. The aircraft is expected first to be stationed onboard the Varyag aircraft carrier currently being fitted in Dalian. The first prototype was assembled at SAC in 2008. It made the maiden flight on August 31, 2009, powered by two Russian AL-31F turbofan engines. The first takeoff from a land based simulated ski-jump occurred on May 6, 2010 at CFTE. Currently several prototypes are undergoing various tests at SAC and CFTE. A twin seat trainer version has also been planned (dubbed J-15S?). Recent images (May 2011) showed a J-15 prototype wearing a light navy blue color scheme and is powered by two WS-10H engines. At least one prototype (S/N 556) is currently unergoing various tests at CFTE, powered by Russian AL-31F turbofans.

Now, combined with the Kutznesov Mod, the Chinese Navy could also be featured in ArmA2! :yay:

I get the error "Addon vme_pla_heads_C requieres addon vme_pla_heads" as well. No matter how many times I reinstall. It still allows me to play ingame, but it does come up.

Create a dummy addon with a config that adds the missing cfgPatches class.

we can't see getting the backpack glitch or bugs the one where only riflemen have missing is backpacks, we looking have a shadow of the backpack but not have the real backpacks. Again need fixed real backpacks.