Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Mod 2

Sadly, once you're out of hischool TIME becomes a consioderation. :D

However before you're out of hischool you usually lack the skills and inteligence to produce addons of appropriate quality.

It's a well known paradox, which also explains why the avarage quality of addons leaves a lot to wish for ;).

As for EAST weapons:

We've had this conversation over and over again.

If people who requested East weapons year ago got to work they would allready have had finished.

If all of them started working we'd have entire East side covered. :D

The possibility of delay in HK weapons is a bummer for me too. "Sasha" [1], the HK417L with Leopold scope, is my favorite weapon for infiltration/recon.

Just remember, ACE2 1.0 is not even out yet - it's still being worked on. If a feature does not make the 1.0 release then there is the 1.01 release.

Sooner or later HK's will get out there. No one touches Sasha. :smiley-evil:

[1] Yes, that is a nod to TF2. I tend to rattle off weapon's specifications like the Heavy Weapons Guy and and quite protective of my toys.

It's no secret, that the animation of soldier movement in the game speeded up about five times compared to the real world.

It is understandable, added dynamism to People are not bored.

Nevertheless, there is an idea - to bring the speed of movement in the game in line with the realities of life. No need to explain that this will give a more protracted battle, the more important maneuver, and so on. In the end, a completely different experience of the game, especially in urban combat.

So, question. This is possible? Make the soldiers arms and legs waving as fast, but at the same time, does not overcome the ten meters in four steps.

Every movement animation in ArmA2 has parameter "speed" in anims.pbo\Characters\config\sdr\config.cpp. It is not hard to twick about 20 movements...

Edited by Dead Kennedy

No time alteration. Just improving speed of soldiers to real one.

Run with 25 km\h and walk with 9 - this is not normal human speed :)))

It's no secret, that the animation of soldier movement in the game speeded up about five times compared to the real world.

It is understandable, added dynamism to People are not bored.

Nevertheless, there is an idea - to bring the speed of movement in the game in line with the realities of life. No need to explain that this will give a more protracted battle, the more important maneuver, and so on. In the end, a completely different experience of the game, especially in urban combat.

So, question. This is possible? Make the soldiers arms and legs waving as fast, but at the same time, does not overcome the ten meters in four steps.

Every movement animation in ArmA2 has parameter "speed" in anims.pbo\Characters\config\sdr\config.cpp. It is not hard to twick about 20 movements...

I think the ingame speeds are fairly accurate actually, no idea where the 'five time faster' thing comes from here. :confused:

No time alteration. Just improving speed of soldiers to real one.

Run with 25 km\h and walk with 9 - this is not normal human speed :)))

I believe they're about 25% faster than real life. Varies of course since not everyone runs at the same speed. At least I have a vague memory of a develper saying that.

If you have a look at how fast they run you can see it.

I think the 5 times was just an exaggeration. I don't get why people exaggerate things like that though....

Have you decided what will be the default FOV when aiming with ironsight?

Have you decided what will be the default FOV when aiming with ironsight?

AFAIK, just like in ACE1, there will be no change to FOV, and vanilla values will be kept

I've already asked 'bout the WWII in ACE. But I guess nobody noticed that - everyone discussed the vid. So, I just wonder is ACE is dedicated only to the modern warfare or there'll be some WWII or Vietnam stuff?

Varies of course since not everyone runs at the same speed.

21,62 km/h is a world record in real life :)))) Every soldier in ArmA2 sprints about 25 km/h with weapon, armor and vest.

I've already asked 'bout the WWII in ACE. But I guess nobody noticed that - everyone discussed the vid. So, I just wonder is ACE is dedicated only to the modern warfare or there'll be some WWII or Vietnam stuff?

I doubt it, they have plenty of work with the modern day setting.

But since ACE is now more modular, it will be more attractive for ww2/vietnam etc modders to specialize their mods to the ACE mechanics.

Edited by sparks50

21,62 km/h is a world record in real life :)))) Every soldier in ArmA2 sprints about 25 km/h with weapon, armor and vest.

25km/h? Not at all my friend, they're far slower than that.

NO.

ACE scope does not include either. There will be no content in ACEX for that.

That said, there are a lot of features that ACE will come with (rucks, stamina, wounding etc etc) that are not linked to a certain time age...So any 3rd party mods/addons (with proper BIS inheritance) will take advantage of those, if run together with ACE.

You are right, here are the values for movement in vanilla A2:

Slow Crawl - 1.81

Crawl - 3.41

Crouch Walk - 4.67

Walk - 6.00

Sights Up (without having Walk Toggled) - 8.95

Crouch Run - 14.84

Run - 19.8

Sprint - between 18.35 - 25.35 (depending on stamina level

25km/h? Not at all my friend, they're far slower than that.

He is right, please check the values yourself before posting around saying he was wrong. I thought the values were high as well, but i did a small test before posting, and he was spot on :)

Blimey! about the movement speeds. Realistic values might be a downer for some, but I think it'd be my cup of tea, especially if it slows the AI. Also the sped up animations include some of the crawl and ladder animations, which are highly exaggerated in order to make it less boring for the player (I guess).

Wow, quite some speeds there :)

It'd be nice to see those toned down a little bit. It's ok if they are a bit faster than whatever real-life reference speeds you choose to use, but those are just outrageous.

AFAIK, just like in ACE1, there will be no change to FOV, and vanilla values will be kept

Hm.... thanks. :)

Just wondering if we can expect something along the lines of Nice_Boat's armour penetration system? It wasn't perfect, but it was miles ahead of ArmA2's default behaviour.

I know that ACE had tweaked values for shell damage and armour, but it caused oddities elsewhere (like SABOT being better at bringing down buildings than HE or HEAT).

Anyway, looking good. This is pretty high on my watch list.

Very nice :thumb:

I especially liked the gasmask-simulation. Finally someone makes it so that it actually feels a bit like wearing the real thing.