Sign in to follow this  
zenger

SARMAT studio presents: Ensk Island.

e38f32dcce9b.jpg

SARMAT studio presents: Ensk Island. Version 1.0

===================================================================

So, here we also have lived to release. Went long, stumbled, but - have reached.

We represent on your court our island - Ensk.

In this island we have tried to create the atmosphere which is present at the CIS countries, atmosphere of the former Soviet Union, present atmosphere in which we live and we work.

As it has turned out - judge and look, and estimate

It is dosen't final version of island, and subsequently if public shows interest, we will supplement and improve our island, doing its by that even more atmospheric and interesting.

For now play and enjoy.

INSTALLATION

Put necessary files in folder Addons in a folder with Arma, or connect island as fashions.

As it to do:

Create in the root catalogue of ArmA, a new folder: @Ensk in to folder addons also throw off there all addons necessary for island Ensk.

Then go on a desktop, open a label of Arma, the right key of the mouse and in line "object" finish start of this folder.

Example:

"D:\GAMES_AA\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\arma.exe" -mod=@Ensk

-------------------------------------------------------------------

ATTENTION! IMPORTANT!

YOU SHOULD DOWNLOAD ALL ADDONS SPECIFIED BY US, AS ISLANDS NECESSARY FOR WORK!

ALL NECESSARY ÐДДОÐЫ CHANGED AND ADAPTED PARTICULARLY FOR ISLAND ENSK!

AT USE OF OTHER VERSIONS ADDONS WE DO NOT GUARANTEE STABLE WORK OF ISLAND!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Island work was tested on the version of ArmA - 1.14 \1.16

ArmA: Queen's Gambit Expansion

On other versions the island ArmA was not tested also its normal work not guaranteed.

--------------------------------------------------------

Over island worked:

- Zenger (the Config, Arrangement of objects)

- SMERSH (the Config, Work on objects)

- VulF (the Config, structures, testing)

Over objects worked:

- SMERSH (It Loktew): Russian Architecture pack; architecture to fashion Liberation war pack; pack Russian Arhitektury-2 (pack is converted from OfP with the permission of the author - Alex j.); monument it is created on the basis of model from OfP, the author - TomiD (SU 22 v2.0); pack guide signs; monument "Ensk" and other)

- Citizensnips (traffic signs)

- DPS (For building P44)

- Alex j (for given pack buildings from OfP)

THANKS for councils, the help, and encouragement:

- SenChi

- Kolek

- AlexF1

- Angst

- Paladin

http://arma.at.ua/

a0b24384f75ft.jpg6f6af4678140t.jpg

845309a0f99at.jpg2ac538f625c9t.jpg

download

http://files.filefront.com/EnskAddons7z/;13741556;/fileinfo.html ADDONS - [214MB]

http://files.filefront.com/Ensk7z/;13741667;/fileinfo.html Ensk Island - [30MB]

Looks amazing on the pics, will try!

Is this addon compatible with ATI video cards?

(No memory/texture bug that makes Arma crash to desktop?)

omg!!! finally, downloading NOW!

BTW, any news about ossetian war mod updates? i wait for it too ;)

sorry, i'm too anxcious to test ensk.

EDIT,

City is well pollished, interesting buildings, roads, awesome memmorial statues => my immagenary city; Seperate island with towers and mountains looks superb, there is even a static Mi-24 in smaller base :)

Edited by Gedis

Is this addon compatible with ATI video cards?

(No memory/texture bug that makes Arma crash to desktop?)

No crashes on my 4890. Great map BTW, one of my favorites for Arma:yay:

Awesome, love this island. Your work has paid off.

its crashing my computer... 9800GT here.

and there somthing wrong with the ground textures...or is it supose to be black and the grass only covers 10 feet in front of you.

hopfully these will be fixed

Edited by Kolt

I have 9800GTX and... well it works OK. I placed myself on airport and started to fly around a bit with kamov. When you get up like 50m over airfield, terrain between roads/strips goes totaly white. I went down to take a look and it seems like some sort of concrete. It looks really bad from far away. Otherwise its OK. Power station, bigger town, few villages. Maybe pimp it up a bit.

hm, would´ve been a nice island if it was more polished :confused:

I'm also getting the strange black ground effect, really hard not to stare at the grass edge where green meets black. 8800 GT here, didn´t see that bug anywhere else yet so i can only guess it´s something wrong with the .rvmat´s

Also there´s many objects with wrong, faulty and/or partially non-existant lods which is even worse - workers barracks in chemical plant, excavator´s arm, fences around the airfield, etc - just to name a few.

At the first look, town looks good from the ground, very realistic, but

black texture on the ground from height looks very bad :(

And i think, stalker models from sarmat buildings pack needs more optimalization (for example more low poly lods) and fixes. There is lot of buildings, in which i can't walk normally.

And for example, if i fly in helicopter, i see on some places this:

ensk_1.jpg

ensk_2.jpg

ensk_3.jpg

ensk_4.jpg

It's maybe problem of small garage...

On this island are lot of bugs, but, if someone fix these bug, it could be much better..

And finally, i think, that map creating is not only on ctrl+c and ctrl+v method

(for example in harbor - lot of same object (bis factory) at the same place) ..island could be smaller, but better fixed..

but, that's only my opinion...

Have a nice day,

Sumrak

Yeah I'd hate to post negative feedback especially as I didn't do too much research on this one except looking all the pbo's and trying ingame.

But... this terrain need a lot work on the objects, drop the buggy wrongly modeled objects and you instantly improve the rest of the terrain.

Several bad configs, unbinarized models, wrong texture naming, wrong file naming (in Russian), weird config dirs in the terrain pbo, non working cutscene dir, addon naming, arma.rpt just filled with errors across the board... the list goes on.

It's maybe problem of small garage...

I had the same error in Sahrani - result of overheating the GPU.

Very seldom though. I´ve had this once during an MP session standing on Sahrani Airport at night whilst viewing into the most right hangar ... and only then! At first i thought "wth plz dont die on me now!!" .. just until i recognized that i´ve been playing in photo-settings (i.e. all graphical options set to the highest possible), so after setting AA from 8 (whatever that means) back to high the problem was solved lol

But yes indeed, it´s a sign for an overheating GPU apparently :D

I have 9800GTX and... well it works OK. I placed myself on airport and started to fly around a bit with kamov. When you get up like 50m over airfield, terrain between roads/strips goes totaly white. I went down to take a look and it seems like some sort of concrete. It looks really bad from far away. Otherwise its OK. Power station, bigger town, few villages. Maybe pimp it up a bit.

Same problem here with a gtx260. The texture gets really bad when flying or from a long distance....

The island is great though....

Same problem here with a gtx260. The texture gets really bad when flying or from a long distance....

Similar problems with 8800 GTS 640 MB card when I play in 3rd person mode.

Overheating gpu? :D then is this island first, which overheating my graphic card, because normally i using my Namalsk (even harder for hardware) and nothing :) i saw never this on my current computer.. And i have laptop with 8600M GT (512MB).. (playing with cooler 65-68 degress C on gpu = normal)

On old, with Nvidia 6200 i saw sometimes this bug in heaviest scenes on Sahrani, but well, it was wonder, if i saw it..

Ensk island gives a bit of "Soviet Union atmosphere". Sadly there are many things that need some revision and developing.

Rome was not built in a day - keep Esnk island going! :)

Okay, now this looks awesome! I hope you guys will keep working on it.