Sign in to follow this  
Mark XIII (DayZ)

HiFi Novus Aevum - modular sound conversion

Congratulations on the release Mark!

A really nice pdf included.

The overall sound compilation in big scenarios is great.

Even the lower volume of air units is still hardly noticeable, so it's ok for me.

On the other side you've pumped so much bass into the main battle tank engines, that my casual desktop speakers aren't able to cope with it anymore. The more tanks in game the worse. :eek: I do get a bit of distortion even with no bass boosts activated.

Maybe removing around 20% bass from the T72 and 25% from the M1A1 would do the trick and make the turbine/diesel difference more noticeable, too.

Roughly said the M1A1 turbine should be "normal to treble" while the T-72 diesel should be "bass".

Or maybe I should get me better speakers with more dynamic some day.

Ha yes, sorry buddy..Its designed that way, to test it...Put a cup of water on your desktop then get the AI to drive past you nice and slow...If the cup of water doesn't make it off the desk I didn't do my job properly!

But seriously..

It was designed for speakers+sub but halfway through the building process I got some lovely sennheiser cans. They make mixing and detail work some much easier. I am alittle supprised about the distortion you talk about, did my best to avoid sound clipping as this is what annoys me about other mods...Anyways, for you I shall look into it!

nvm the post

Edited by Cross

Some great stuff in this soundmod, just not one to use with headphones...ouch my ears! The tanks and M249 and M240 sounds nearly deafened me!

One small question though, is it just me or do the supressed weapons (m4s) sound more 'clicky' than in the last release of HIFI? Not that I know anything about guns at all, but I was under the impression that the report of a weapon fired with a supressor isn't really much more quiet. Seems to be less 'punch' with the new ones than before, making them a bit Hollywood. Not a criticism (what the heck do I know?), just curious why the change.

All-a-Mort

One small question though, is it just me or do the supressed weapons (m4s) sound more 'clicky' than in the last release of HIFI? Not that I know anything about guns at all, but I was under the impression that the report of a weapon fired with a supressor isn't really much more quiet. Seems to be less 'punch' with the new ones than before, making them a bit Hollywood.

Thankyou for taking the time to post mate, and yes they are very different to the old HiFi Silenced sounds. I had an issue at the time of making them, as I prefer suppressed sounds, not silenced sounds myself ingame. I thought about it and decided to get a real capture of a QD silencer and use that, as I figured an authentic sound would be better suited. Oops, maybe that wasn't a good idea so I guess I can change it if thats what you guys want. I may start posting previews of specific sounds or making a poll on picking the best replacements for any sounds that need changing.

Anyone else requesting the M4 SD gets a makeover ?

good job on this mark.

just a small question, any plans to make a config to replace all ACE sounds?

thanks.

noamles

just a small question, any plans to make a config to replace all ACE sounds?

Yes, Yes and YES

I'll expand on this ACE sound replacement alittle later, when betsalel is abouts

All-a-Mort

Thankyou for taking the time to post mate, and yes they are very different to the old HiFi Silenced sounds. I had an issue at the time of making them, as I prefer suppressed sounds, not silenced sounds myself ingame. I thought about it and decided to get a real capture of a QD silencer and use that, as I figured an authentic sound would be better suited. Oops, maybe that wasn't a good idea so I guess I can change it if thats what you guys want. I may start posting previews of specific sounds or making a poll on picking the best replacements for any sounds that need changing.

Anyone else requesting the M4 SD gets a makeover ?

If it is authentic leave it like it is but, no offence, almost every sound mod maker says that his sounds are authentic. :cool:

Another thing is that I ment with "more louder sounds" that sounds for air would be significantly louder. You know, more Arma 2 like. To be honest, I find the diference between "old" HIFI and new one minimal. Although, on multiplayer, players with lower sound volumes for air would have advantage over me but I would turn it of anyway if it is too much.

Ha no offence taken, its nice to see people pick up on the little things, I've noticed afew little things myself recently that need fixing up so I may well look into changing the M4SD at the very least, maybe AKsuSD too. I think at least one of my playtesters dislikes the sound for not having any punch, we'll see how it goes. As regards to the volumes of aircraft, I intended to make 'clan friendly & single player' versions of the vehicals PBO, its something thats been discussed amongst the three of us quite abit, but it comes down to time and lack of. However, now all the hard work is done, I'm sure we can please pretty much every kind of player at the cost of some alternative modules.

Working like this is so much easier...;)

andersson

edit again.. My plan was to include a small mission were people can try different weather and time. But I forgot it, too much happening right now. When I get back home I can upload it if anyoe are interested.

I think I have these missions mate, going to have alook on my HD. If I have them, I'll add them to the installer as well afew bugs I've managed to find an fix.

Yes, Andersson put some quality work into these quick missions, makes testing any sound addon easy.

Yes, a "single player" version would be very nice indeed and I am interested in sample mission for sure. Ill download as soon as possible :).

Praise be to Jebus! Excellent release. Thanks again for another great sound mod.

Thankyou some much for your kind words gentlemen...

This release has been interesting for me, Andersson is far away an I wish we could share the joy this brings...He put alot of work into our configs and finding ways for us to abuse the sound engine, but hey ho he'll be back soon enough. For the time being Betsalel an I shall be about to answer any questions.

Thanks again!

andersson

Yes, Andersson put some quality work into these quick missions, makes testing any sound addon easy.

Quailty my ass. 5 min quick job :) But it does its job. I would like to have a scenario that goes through all the changes so people can hear the differences. I didnt have that much time to test the environment either and Im not 95% happy with all of the sounds so I would like if anyone could explore that module ingame and give feedback. Preferable someone that lives in a similar environment and are used to be out in the nature ;)

I dare to promise that we will release a vehiclemodule with higher sound for air. We wanted to release the "basic" modules first that will fit most gameplay. Me myself wants higher volumes so it will be done :) Then there is talk about a module with lower for bigger MP games because of VOIP and TS. A version where the sound in the cockpit is considerably lower is also doable for the same reason.

There are alot that probably needs to be tweaked changed, some of it in the soundfiles other configtweaks. We will do our best to make this even better, maybe even one day reach 95% :p

Also if any other soundmod creator want to split up his work for higher compability I can help. I cannot promise to be there as much as I should. Mark takes his time and he is the Jebus :D plus my RL makes me a pain in the ass sometimes when it comes to time (you do agree Mark).

Right now my time is up on this internet cafe, time to move on to the cerveza y guapas!

Enjoy HiFi NA and do getin into the tractor, my favorite sound of all!

HiFi is back...with sound modules!! :)

Just downloaded and bit curious about those five hifi_Novus_Aevum_mic.pbos and three hifi_Novus_Aevum_radio_static.pbos what are they exactly for?

Are you going to make a "HiFi_Novus_Aevum teaser"? :fones:

Ok, still 3 min left. enough to answer the mic static question.

To change the ingame mic sounds and radio static there will be a big file.. But there are some sounds already ingame and the 3 mic sounds are not used. By choosing one of the modules you can change the mic sound (the click). You can also change the static by using on e of the static modules. Normaly they are play randomly, but now you do have the choice to listen to only one if anyone prefer that.. If I remember correctly I also added pbo´s that makes the static and mic silent (if not I will add them).

Ok, 23 sec left

Huepa!

Hey all, I would also like to chime in for a quick second as well. Concerning certain sounds and how an individual believes they should sound or rather would like to sound...

As we've already noted in our readme, it is one of those limitations with the "old method", so to speak, of developing a sound modification for Armed Assault. A sound designer could get lost in the endless tweaking and changing of one particular sound to make everyone happy--just ask Mark how many months I had him go back and forth with the M240 and M249 (my favorites hehe). :p

However, now that we have taken a completely modular approach, it will make things such as updating, tweaking, etc as well as appealing to a wider range of tastes a whole lot easier to manage. I don't know about anyone here, but I hate constantly having to download an entire mod just for a tweak here and there, heh.

For example, let us say there is some issues with the vehicles--simply fix what needs fixing and release the updated [and smaller in size] module and Voila!

Consider Novus Aevum like a mogwai--sprinkle a bit of water on it and it just keeps multiplying. (Just make sure you don't feed us after midnight... ;) )

Anyways, thanks for all the bug reports and critiques--keep them coming, folks. With all the excitement of its release, it becomes in inevitable for things to pop up from time to time; your posts help us track everything down quickly and deal with them equally as fast.

And yes, we are indeed looking into ACE sound replacement--which we've been looking into since ACE was released while working on Novus Aevum's development. So just keep patient folks--all good things to those who wait....or something like that.

Regards,

yokhsiggraf.png

HiFi FX Team

;1274613']So i cant use this with ACE...

Sorry i have not read the entire thread...

You can but HiFi will only change sounds of the default rifles. ACE specific rifles will keep using ACE sounds.

To us it with ACE -> change "ACE override BIS Sounds" setting in ACE client config.hpp in DTA/ACE

Andersson,

Yes, you certainly can use ACE with HiFi - Novus Aevum! :)

Unfortunately for the moment, Novus Aevum does not overwrite the default ACE-specific sounds. Again, let me repeat this...

The user can use Novus Aevum with ACE, but it will not overwrite ACE-specific sounds--only BIS-specific sounds at the moment.

We are looking to remedy this definitely. We just need a break to regroup (Mark has been working on this project non-stop for months now), and track down and fix any bugs that may currently surface within the currently-provided modules.

So don't worry, folks. Pretty soon, even ACE-specific sounds will experience Novus Aevum! ;)

Regards,

John

Yes, you check out our dedicated forums here:

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/forum/viewforum.php?f=31

You'll see lots more infomation on our plans & releases, I urge you to register there it takes 30 seconds of your time and would greatly be appreciated by the HiFi team. We have a specific buglist, info on unreleased modules etc... I noticed lots of people looking, but nobody commenting... bit gutting for me, as I spent many hours making this.. I'm ok with that, but remember as we get busy with new releases, we get less time here..

You can but HiFi will only change sounds of the default rifles. ACE specific rifles will keep using ACE sounds.

To us it with ACE -> change "ACE override BIS Sounds" setting in ACE client config.hpp in DTA/ACE

Ok i have the line in sight...

What am i supposed to do in the file..