Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Will my PC Run this? What CPU/GPU to get? What settings? System Specifications.

Wouldn't bother with the Core i7. A Phenom II is probably a much better choice here (the Core i5s won't be much faster than the Phenoms that are out now). I'd get a X4 955 and a Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P motherboard. You could probably save some money by going for a GTX275 and get most of the performance of the GTX285 for much less money. What PSU are you getting?

I allready have 750W Thermaltake psu :)

I have money for gtx285 right now :P /i can get gtx285 at same price as gtx275 in my country/

But are you sure that Phenom will be better choise then i7?

Edited by RobertHammer

I allready have 750W Thermaltake psu :)

I have money for gtx285 right now :P /i can get gtx285 at same price as gtx275 in my country/

But are you sure that Phenom will be better choise then i7?

From the benchmark scores people have been posting in the armaII Mark thread, the I7 is a go for ArmAII. Unless you want to spend a little less for amd.

Core i7 is for those who can afford a new platform (triple channel memory , new lga 1366 motherboard , lga 1366 core i7 cpu) and specifically those who aren't avid gamers as you might have guessed Core i7 isn't specifically targeted for those who are gamers. I cannot really tell you how a i7 920 would compare to a E8600 because I have never owned an E8600. If you want to upgrade I would recommend a Phenom II X4 955 specifically for games.

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cpus/2009/04/23/amd-phenom-ii-x4-955-black-edition-cpu-am3/1 Perhaps that can help you.

ArmAIIMark scores showing us that Phenom][ sucks at all, only i7's got scores over 4000 also with weak GPU!

ArmA only likes i7's!

I know that PhenomII is the best choice for gamers, it's cheap and it has good performances with other games, but not with ArmA][

Read this thread, please: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=73610

Yea , Phenom 2 955 has really a bad score at Arma Mark. But maybe, the score isn't representative of fluidity of the game. Sometime, those score seems weird.

Dell XPS 420

Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit

Intel Core 2 Duo E6850, 3.0 GHz

3.00 GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX (768 MB dedicated, 2000 MB+ shared, with latest drivers)

Anyone able to predict this rigs performance with ArmA2?

It is slightly above recommended specs on all fronts :rolleyes:

Laggy

Man. Im so confused on what I should do. I just purchased a 4890 and a new MA770-US3 Mobo for my current rig (my old MX2 Mobo was causing wierd stuttering), ive got the famed(shamed?) 6000+ x2 Windsor and basically, im gettin the low 20's in FPS, even with all settings on normal.

I been lookin at the Phenom 2 955 and now im reading that its no good, so where do i go from here. I really enjoy the game, but its hard to do so with such low FPS.

Man. Im so confused on what I should do. I just purchased a 4890 and a new MA770-US3 Mobo for my current rig (my old MX2 Mobo was causing wierd stuttering), ive got the famed(shamed?) 6000+ x2 Windsor and basically, im gettin the low 20's in FPS, even with all settings on normal.

I been lookin at the Phenom 2 955 and now im reading that its no good, so where do i go from here. I really enjoy the game, but its hard to do so with such low FPS.

I'm playing on:

- old asus mb with nforce5(570 Ultra) chipset

- old X2 6000+

- 4GB DDR(800)

- GeForce 8800GTX(768MB)(1920x1080)

Using Kegety's anti blur/bloom fix I'm getting very good/playable fps, so I don't think you need to upgrade your CPU.

Chernaurus was not playable for me until that fix and after that I could fly with 10000m viewdistance, but take a look yourself:

A2_10k_25fps_2_k.jpg

(click for higher res)

MfG Lee :)

Do what i do. Just wait and wait some more. :)

I'm positive that after couple of more patches the game will be running better.

In the meantime we just have to play lagfest and try to enjoy.

Do what i do. Just wait and wait some more. :)

I'm positive that after couple of more patches the game will be running better.

In the meantime we just have to play lagfest and try to enjoy.

LOL. I Sure hope so!

My friend has a 'weaker' rig than me and hes gettin like 10 fps better!

LOL. I Sure hope so!

My friend has a 'weaker' rig than me and hes gettin like 10 fps better!

Exactly. That showes that coding of the engine isn't fully finished.

Same thing about gfx settings. If you put higher details you get more fps. What the hell is that ?

Anyways i'm not bashing the game here. I think the game is best thing happened to PC gaming in 10 years, but the performance is what pisses me off. ;)

Bah. And here i was thinkin that AMD was THE gaming brand. Oh well, as you said, I'll wait for some patching and just enjoy the SP aspects of the game for now.

Hi,

I know the graphics is poor cpu is poor compared to gaming pc's but could someone tell me if this could run the game atall and if so one what settings.

AMD Turion Dual-Core processor RM72

4GB RAM

NVidia GeForce 8200M graphics

Thanks for any help, sorry if this is in wrong section.

Edited by Tumble

How much does the screen res affect the FPS (in %) + I saw a site that evaluated settings and their performance costs. But I forgot the link. Anyone knows what I'm talking about?

My rig just about scraped by in ArmA 1, so I want to upgrade it so it'll eat ArmA 2. Gonna buy it soon as it's available in the UK.

Current Specs:

AMD Athlon 64 ~2.4GHz

2 GB RAM

GeForce 7900 GS 512 MB

Windows XP

Could somebody recommend a new CPU and Graphics Card?

I plan to buy another GB stick of RAM.

My power supply blew up a short while back and I got a new motherboard so I think it'll take whatever I update to.

Thanks,

Dan

yea im surprised how some people with high end rigs are getting crappy fps to people with low end rigs. I just upgraded 2 weeks ago , and some people are saying the performance of the windsor amd 6000+ 3ghz is crap. There is no way im going to upgrade again after spending all that money, i just upgraded my ram,cpu,gfx card and motherboard and that cost me around $550 NZD. BIS will need to fix the games engine coding, pff im not going to upgrade just cause i will be getting low fps , because BIS can't code their engine properly. I will still buy the game but hopefully they will release a patch in future to help optimize the game better.

yea im surprised how some people with high end rigs are getting crappy fps to people with low end rigs. I just upgraded 2 weeks ago , and some people are saying the performance of the windsor amd 6000+ 3ghz is crap. There is no way im going to upgrade again after spending all that money, i just upgraded my ram,cpu,gfx card and motherboard and that cost me around $550 NZD. BIS will need to fix the games engine coding, pff im not going to upgrade just cause i will be getting low fps , because BIS can't code their engine properly. I will still buy the game but hopefully they will release a patch in future to help optimize the game better.

It seems to be a AMD thing more than a 6000+. I highly doubt (and a fair amount of hope too :P ) that Bohemia will leave us AMD rigged players in the land of the lame frames p/second.

Packard Bell iMedia X1607

Q6600, 2.4GHZ

250W PSU

Nvidia GF 8600GS 256MB

3GB RAM

Hello guys. I am considering changing graphics card and PSU.

I am gonna get a RADEON HD4890 1GB graphics card, and a 650W PSU.

My questions: I know the graphics card is good enough, but will the new PSU be enough?

And what kind of motherboard has my computer got? Can I put in that graphics card in my Packard, and can I put in a CORSAIR TX 650W ATX12V 2.2 / EPS12V, without any problems? I mean do they fit?

Thanks inbefore hand! :)

Packard Bell iMedia X1607

Q6600, 2.4GHZ

250W PSU

Nvidia GF 8600GS 256MB

3GB RAM

Hello guys. I am considering changing graphics card and PSU.

I am gonna get a RADEON HD4890 1GB graphics card, and a 650W PSU.

My questions: I know the graphics card is good enough, but will the new PSU be enough?

And what kind of motherboard has my computer got? Can I put in that graphics card in my Packard, and can I put in a CORSAIR TX 650W ATX12V 2.2 / EPS12V, without any problems? I mean do they fit?

Thanks inbefore hand! :)

That should be fine, but does your case support ATX? is the 250W PSU you have at the moment a ATX?

That should be fine, but does your case support ATX? is the 250W PSU you have at the moment a ATX?

That´s what I dont know. I think so..

I have tried to find information, but cannot find any, makes me frustrated.

open up your case and look at your PSU? it should display some information on it. What does it say?

open up your case and look at your PSU? it should display some information on it. What does it say?

Well, okey, I guess that is the only way to find out.

My plan was to collect information so that I knew and could only put in the new stuff at once.

But PSU and graphics card is the only thing I need right? Anything else you would recommend?

nope you should be fine :), not so sure about your cpu but it should be ok.Don't know how well Q6600s run so you could ask someone.

I dont know why, but no matter what i do to my settings, my Arma 2 FPS wont go over 26 fps, even if i stand in the middle of nowhere.

My system:

Windows 7 x64

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770-DS3,AMD 770, DDR2, ATX

Graphics: XFX GeForce GTX 260 896MB PhysX CUDA

Memory: Kingston ValueR. DDR2 PC5300 4096MB CL5,

Main HDD: Samsung SpinPoint F1 750GB SATA2

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400+, 3.2GHz Socket

Powersupply: Corsair 750W

Now, i know my memory isnt the best, but surely they cant cause such a bad fps, can they?

Also, i tried kegetys no bloom and editing my arma.cfg with no significant results.

If i only want to upgrade one of these things, what would it be to make my arma 2 run much better than it does not??

Edit: This is on a pretty much fresh system install.

Hope you guys can help a little.

Hello guys,

1°) Graphic card:

Which graphic card is the best for a 19" LCD screen ? I need to set maximum details in the options.

( I don't want to buy a very expensive card so that I cannot see the difference on my screen )

Is the HD 4890 too much for my screen ? A 4870 512 Mo or 1 Go would be enough ?

2°) CPU :

Which CPU do you recommend me to buy ? ( giving my 19" screen )

3°) RAM :

Is 4 Go RAM necessary or only 2 Go RAM are enough ? ( Edit : I run on XP. In Vista 4 Go might be useful ? )

Which differences do you notice between both configurations ?

4°) Disk :

Does anyone here uses a SSD disk for fast loading ?

Do you recommend us this device or not ? If not, which hard disk format do you use ?

Thank you :)

Regards,

Blasko

Edited by blasko