Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Will my PC Run this? What CPU/GPU to get? What settings? System Specifications.

arma2 : quadcore required

when was that said that i was required? its only at recommended specs while the dual core is minimum..

i say it. that 's why i posted ...

ps: and even with that, fighter evolve make game stutter and swap.

i say it. that 's why i posted ...

ps: and even with that, fighter evolve make game stutter and swap.

Im sorry but i do not understand what you are trying to say??? :confused::confused:

Well My new rig will be ready in a week and I cant wait to see how it will run ArmA2.

Antec Nine Hundred Two Case

Sapphire Radeon HD 4870 Vapor-X 2GB

Akasa PowerMax 850W

Asus P6T Motherboard LGA1 366 Intel X58 ATX RAID SA

Intel Core i7-920 D0 Step Processor (8M Cache,

Corsair XMS3 3GB (3x1024M B) DDR3 Memory 1600MHz 3

Noctua NH-U12P CPU Cooler SE1366

LG GH22NP20 22x DVDRW/ RAM

Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 1.5TB Hard Disk Drive 72 (Two)

SB Audigy SE OEM Creative Sound Blaster

Windows XP Home Edition

I intend to overclock to 3.4 Ghz so hopefully things should run pretty well on it.

Comments welcome on my choices of parts.

Edited by Killerwatt

arma2 : quadcore required

Nonsense.

Well My new rig will be ready in a week and I cant wait to see how it will run ArmA2.

Antec Nine Hundred Two Case

Sapphire Radeon HD 4870 Vapor-X 2GB

Akasa PowerMax 850W

Asus P6T Motherboard LGA1 366 Intel X58 ATX RAID SA

Intel Core i7-920 D0 Step Processor (8M Cache,

Corsair XMS3 3GB (3x1024M B) DDR3 Memory 1600MHz 3

Noctua NH-U12P CPU Cooler SE1366

LG GH22NP20 22x DVDRW/ RAM

Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 1.5TB Hard Disk Drive 72 (Two)

SB Audigy SE OEM Creative Sound Blaster

Windows XP Home Edition

I intend to overclock to 3.4 Ghz so hopefully things should run pretty well on it.

Comments welcome on my choices of parts.

Awesome Gaming Machine but i don't see why the need to have such high power gear just for arma 2.. could run that at very high-max with a system like mine OCed..

Awesome Gaming Machine but i don't see why the need to have such high power gear just for arma 2.. could run that at very high-max with a system like mine OCed..

Ah yes but this rig will also be running FlightsimX, Rfactor, and various other sim type games.

Ah yes but this rig will also be running FlightsimX, Rfactor, and various other sim type games.

ahh k , i was limited on my budget but still ended up spending around $550 NZD, i got all my parts expectionally cheap,$265 NZD including gst and shipping for my 4850 card,$147 NZD for dual core and shipping, $99 NZD for 4GB of ram and $104 NZD including shipping for motherboard, so around $280 USD. Everything is expensive here, and at 17 and only working 7-10 hours a week and earning $70-100 NZD and paying $30-40 board, i can't always end up getting the best rig so i stick to my budget. 2 weeks ago i was stuck on a crappy single core amd 3500+ 2.21ghz,1gb of ram and 939 socket mobo, i just upgraded to my new 4850 yesterday and OCed it!

Has anyone with a low-end rig tried this already?

LOL I was well overdue an upgrade, my current rig is a Pentium P4 prescott based system with AGP graphics!

Rak,

My pentiumP4 3.4Ghz with two gigs ddr ram and a radion X1650pro 512gig AGP card can run it at low setting and it looks around the same as ARMA1

LOL I was well overdue an upgrade, my current rig is a Pentium P4 prescott based system with AGP graphics!

Nvidia and Intel were way too expensive for me so i didnt buy them, neither for the quad cores since they were priced around $400+ NZD!!!

Rak,

My pentiumP4 3.4Ghz with two gigs ddr ram and a radion X1650pro 512gig AGP card can run it at low setting and it looks around the same as ARMA1

Really! :eek:

There's hope for me yet! :D

P4 3.0Ghz

3 Gigs Ram

Ati HD 2600 Pro 512mb PCI-E

Damn missis & Kids of to Cyprus on holiday next month so new pc on hold!

I should also mention that was with windows XP SP3

Same!

As long as it'll run , that'll tide me over for now! :yay:

Edited by ck-claw
Grammer-not had enough cider!

anyone having arma 2 and

Q9650 non o/c

5gb ddr2

HD4850 512mb

just so I know :D

Nonsense.

Did you play the game yet ?

Thanks for your answer....but if i make an OC to the processor this will not help to me??

mr71mb0 you have an C2Duo ... do you play well with this??

thanks a lot

Yes, but as I said, on the single player campaign I have found that the FPS drops to 25fps for some reason. Setting Graphics as low as possible doesn't increase them. So it doesn't seem to be linked to graphics settings.

on the 1st island it's up round 75fps with full graphics settings.

Hi, im wondering if anyone has a similar rig as mine, and what kinda results they have with Arma 2.

And is it even playable with this spec ???

I havent upgraded my system for about a year as i have mostly been playing on my xbox 360 and ps3.

so....

AMD Athlon 64 x2 4200+

2gb DDR2 RAM (soon to be 3gb)

Nvidia Geforce 7900 GS 256mb

Windows XP Home SP3

I can play Arma 1 mostly on medium settings currently. I kinda know already i will have to upgrade somewhere/ some time...

Cheers.

Hi, im wondering if anyone has a similar rig as mine, and what kinda results they have with Arma 2.

And is it even playable with this spec ???

I havent upgraded my system for about a year as i have mostly been playing on my xbox 360 and ps3.

so....

AMD Athlon 64 x2 4200+

2gb DDR2 RAM (soon to be 3gb)

Nvidia Geforce 7900 GS 256mb

Windows XP Home SP3

I can play Arma 1 mostly on medium settings currently. I kinda know already i will have to upgrade somewhere/ some time...

Cheers.

I have 2GB of RAM, ATI x1950pro which is very similar to your 7900GS and a C2D E6750 CPU which i believe is quite a bit faster than yours and the game is barely playable to me with everything mostly on low and 1280x1024 resolution. It's not really unplayable but the FPS drops below 20 way too often for my liking. I'm definitely going to have to upgrade my GPU.

Yes, but as I said, on the single player campaign I have found that the FPS drops to 25fps for some reason. Setting Graphics as low as possible doesn't increase them. So it doesn't seem to be linked to graphics settings.

on the 1st island it's up round 75fps with full graphics settings.

Yes but, people who have Quadcore have the same problem as you...so maybe is a bad code problem from the game.

Kind Regards

Edited by catito14

I have..

AMD X2 Dual Core 2.7Ghz

3GB Corsair DDR3

8800GTX

XP SP3

I have to run the game on normal, filtrate set to 100% for playable performance, if I increase the filtrate, even to 125% my frames drop. Tremendously.