Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Will my PC Run this? What CPU/GPU to get? What settings? System Specifications.

hmm, maybe i didnt put it right. but im basically expecting the uk release to be 1.02, then the patch will be release to ther german version to bring htem up alongside us.

Sorry if this is a bit of a n00b question, ignore me if it is.

Does anyone know whether I'll be able to play on very high @ 1080p on this?:

AMD AM3 X4 OC @ 3.0

4gb DDR3 1600

ATI 4890 1gb

Asus VK24 @ 1080p

Just wondering, it ran ArmA1 like ... like really bad. Got about 30fps at most. Has anyone got a system similar and ArmA2?

Edit: Oh, it's in my sig anyway lol.

AMD AM3 X4 OC @ 3.0

4gb DDR3 1600

ATI 4890 1gb

Asus VK24 @ 1080p

Just wondering, it ran ArmA1 like ... like really bad. Got about 30fps at most. Has anyone got a system similar and ArmA2?

You'll be fine. I think it'll never drop below 30fps.

AMD AM3 X4 OC @ 3.0

4gb DDR3 1600

ATI 4890 1gb

Asus VK24 @ 1080p

You should be able to put everything on very high, except object detail on normal. Otherwise your fps will take a dive in towns. You could also try setting fillrate to 125%. That does wonders for image quality on high resolutions. :)

There will be a second patch that will be out around the UK release date which will bring all the versions to the same level and make language selectable in all versions. Now whether this is going to be called 1.02 or 1.03 is another matter....which actually does not matter.

All the versions will be patched up to the same version.

From my experience, graphic wise Arma 2 is top notch and already rather well optimized for the most part (slightly more sluggish in big towns). In the editor and in many MP I can have all on high @ 2000 VD with no pb on a 8800GTX.

(Note that with the new artifical-skybox-horizon it "feels" much more than 2km even flying)

BUT it seems the Micro AI is VERY CPU intensive and in some scenarios (lots of AI + Urban combat) the game stutters in SP on my Q6600 2,4Ghz... so beware...

I think 3Ghz is a Must... Dual or Quad.

BUT it seems the Micro AI is VERY CPU intensive and in some scenarios (lots of AI + Urban combat) the game stutters in SP on my Q6600 2,4Ghz... so beware...

Overclocking my Q6600 to 3.2GHz did wonders in that respect. :)

As long as you have sufficient cooling, I would recommend it.

Well in my sig below for my computer settings, am I still fine?

Common sense, yes!

Klown - Id hardly call my system 'low' end - 4 GB is not the min for Vista , card is 1GB and runs GTA4 on max at 40 FPS - a game that rapes most comps...
its all perspective. You asked your question about a dozen times... IMO your system is a midline comp, and a nice one. Good move on the 1GB card. Its a nice place holder till you go DX11 card or get a cheap 285/4980 down the road, your CPU is a good OC so 3ghz is a good upgrade... helps to have 1600 speed DDR3 to get the easy OC.

Hello folks, old time Flashpointer here and newly re-registered to these new and very much improved forums. Very glad to see the clientele hasn't deteriorated however, new people and old people both seem to keep up swell with what I came to expect from the original Flashpoint community.

Not only the BIS forums have improved since the old Flashpoint days, my rig has too, as has the graphics of BI games. So the question is, will my rig run ARMA 2 like a charm or like a nightmare?

Specifications are as follow:

AMD Phenom II X3 720 Black Edition (2,8Ghz - can OC it to about 3-3.4 without much added heat, but I prefer not to)

4 gigs of DDR2 RAM

Sapphire Radeon HD 4870X2 2GB

I reckon I should be able to run it comfortably, but as much as I hate to admit it, I am a sucker for maxing out settings, especially in a game that has spent so much time on my wishlist.

@Go0B

You can probably scratch maxing out the settings as Arma2 isn't that optimized yet, but you can definitely run it pretty comfortably.

Fiddlesticks - Been thinking about purchasing another set of 2x2 GB RAM sticks though, it's cheap as dirt these days. Reckon it will boost my perormance enough to be worth the ~40 quid ($70)?

Thanks for the answer by the way, I have become completly inept when it comes to computerizing and this hardware jumble.

Fiddlesticks - Been thinking about purchasing another set of 2x2 GB RAM sticks though, it's cheap as dirt these days. Reckon it will boost my perormance enough to be worth the ~40 quid ($70)?

I don't think RAM is the problem. Mainly it seems to be about being able to handle high of object details, which can get hairy if you set object detail to higher than normal.

Look at my specs in my sig. I can run the game with textures, video memory, anisotrophic filtering, postprocessing and shadows on very high, terrain detail on high and model details on normal with 125% fillrate and 3km view distance. Those settings get me a good solid 40-50fps in open areas but it drops to 25-30fps in large towns like Chernogorsk (with the occasional short dip below 20 if there's a lot to load).

If I set terrain detail to very high, I lose about 10% fps, which is bearable I guess, but with objects on high the framerate goes to shit. On very high it slows to a grind. Overclocking my CPU from 2.7GHz to 3.2GHz did wonders for performance, especially allowing me to up object detail from low to medium. I'm pretty sure if I went ballistic and OC'ed the CPU to 3.6 GHz it would be a lot better, but that comes with a huge voltage and thus temperature increase - which I don't really want to risk. (I'm already 0.8 GHz above spec ;).)

All in all, I think if you can get your 4870X2 to work with both GPUs (I've heard it's possible but not always easy) and if you OC your CPU to 3.4GHz I guess you could try maxing out the details, but I can't guarantee anything. :)

Edited by MadDogX

fair one Klown - I asked many times just to get several different opinions, am considering a high end card - will wait and see what the 505 release brings...

Hello guys,

I'm, currently running Vista Ultimate 64bit. where can I DL the latest dx10 drivers. I just want to make sure that my dx10 is up to date. I'm not even sure if it's even installed in my pc. Maybe it is by default with Vista. I'm very new to Vista so sorry for the noobish question.

Hello everybody :)

I was wondering if my computer will be able to run Arma 2 at least on Medium quality:

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+ (2CPU's),~2.7GHz

Graphics Card:GeForce 6150SE nForce 30 (yea i know its old :( )

Memory:3454MB RAM

Operating system:Windows Vista

Graphics Card:GeForce 6150SE nForce 30 (yea i know its old :( )
Age is not the problem here.

Your problem is the fact that this GeForce GPU is not discrete graphics hardware, it's an integrated solution made for very light 3D applications and MPEG2 (DVD) offloading.

You'll need a proper graphics card, the end of this month should bring the 50 dollar HD48xx series pricedrop.

This will drop the HD 4890 1GB to about 199 dollar and the HD 4870 1GB to about 150 dollars.

You won't get far with that E6550 as it's an entry level dual-core.

You'll need at least a more mid/highend-ish processor. We're talking about the E8xxx series or Q6xxx.

What do you think of this? It looks pretty good. I don't have enough money for it, but it's a better shot than a quad core. Besides I don't think a quad core would be oh so much better than this that it'd be worth extra 50-60 dollars or so.

Hello people, first post on this forum :)

Ok my system will be able to play the game yes? but was wandering if any of you would have an idea how well it will run. Would love to be able to enjoy the graphics with decent FPS, i dont mind some minor lag now and then...

Ok heres the stats:

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4000+, MMX, 3DNow (2 CPUs), ~2.1GHz

Memory: 3582MB RAM DDR2 800Mhz

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT (slightly overclocked, special boxed BFG edition)

Operating System: Windows XP

Motherboard:GeForce6100SM-M

Am really looking forward to the game, buying operation flashpoint for £5 was one of my better game choices and am excited about playing a similar modern title. :D

Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

according to the specifics, you should be oke to run it on medium(some on low).

Age is not the problem here.

Your problem is the fact that this GeForce GPU is not discrete graphics hardware, it's an integrated solution made for very light 3D applications and MPEG2 (DVD) offloading.

You'll need a proper graphics card, the end of this month should bring the 50 dollar HD48xx series pricedrop.

This will drop the HD 4890 1GB to about 199 dollar and the HD 4870 1GB to about 150 dollars.

would my card be able to at least run the game on a medium quality

would my card be able to at least run the game on a medium quality
If it runs at all, it will probably run at low while stuttering/lagging.