Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Will my PC Run this? What CPU/GPU to get? What settings? System Specifications.

binkowski, i have a similair system as you do. so i might be able to run it on normal?

Bwaaaaargh! Joy! :D

I just spent the whole afternoon+evening rebuilding my system, replaced the old P5N-E motherboard with my brand new Gigabyte EP45-DS3L and installed Windows 7. I've now overclocked my Q6600 to 3.2Ghz and my GTX285 is running on a full PCI-E 2.0 16x slot.

Long story short: With the same settings I had before (2.5km view distance, 100% fillrate, everything on very high except models, terrain and postprocessing on low) I now get pretty much stable 40fps in Chernogorsk. Setting models and terrain to medium still gives me solid 30-35 fps in Chernogorsk and 50-60 in forests.

But there's more: I split up my RAID-0 of two WD Raptors, so I have Arma2 on one of them and Fraps saving video on the other. Unbelievable as it may sound, I can now record full 1920x1080 video at 25 fps. :eek:

Except in Chernogorsk, where it drops to about 20 fps. But still, I'm jumping around right now. :D

my new ati4870x2 comes in few days lets see if it perfoms better than my old nvidia gtx260. it seems crossfire can be enabled to get both cores working on that card

other specs

Q6600@3.75

DDR2 800Mhz 5gigs

gtx260 oc

hp 2475@1600x1200 for arma2 armaIImark score 4067 for this riq

Hi. guys what do you think about this "combo" for ArmA II...what is the best combination to play? :

Intel Core 2 Duo E7200 2.53 ghz + ATI HD 4890 1gb

Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 2.33 ghz + ATI HD 4870 1gb

(obviusly the best option is the Q8200 + the 4890 but i don´t have the money to buy both of them :D)

Both syst with:

-2 gb RAM

-Windowx XP SP3

Thanks

i think e7200 vs q8200 quad wins in and you can overclock it . and quad is overall way faster than core duo in other applications too

Hi. guys what do you think about this "combo" for ArmA II...what is the best combination to play? :

Intel Core 2 Duo E7200 2.53 ghz + ATI HD 4890 1gb

Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 2.33 ghz + ATI HD 4870 1gb

(obviusly the best option is the Q8200 + the 4890 but i don´t have the money to buy both of them :D)

Both syst with:

-2 gb RAM

-Windowx XP SP3

Thanks

Go for the Quad core, It'd be a better choice in the long run.

K so now I'm running with nice graphics. Most settings on Normal. Shadow on Low and same with AF, and PP.

I have 8800GT and AMD Athlon X2 6400+ 3.2GHz.

If I upgrade 8800GT to a GTX260 896MB core 216...Will I be able to run on High? :D

My Specs are

Windows XP MCE SP3

Q9450 @ 2.66 GHz

2.00 GB of RAM

Radeon X1950 512 MB

----------------------

Now ArmA2 currently to me is very unplayable but what I'm confused about is, is it my computer or the game itself? because the game is so new and it could have problems and even if it's my computer, I believe the only thing I would need to change is my GPU and I think I have enough RAM. what do you think?

Your RAM is okay. 3GB won't hurt.

However Your GPU is REALLY Bad for ArmA2. I suggest HD4870 or 4890. Or just get what I'm getting the GTX260 896MB

how do my specs stack up

amd phenom II x4 810 (not oced)

radeon hd 4870 1gig

4 gb Ram

vista 64 bit

Hey everyone, do you think I'll have any problems? My specs are over the minimum but I heard I will need to play it at lower settings, so I'm concerned.

My specs:

Intel E8200 Dual Core 2.66GHz

4GB RAM + Windows XP 32bit = 3.5GB RAM

Nvidia XFX Geforce 275 896MB

how do my specs stack up

amd phenom II x4 810 (not oced)

radeon hd 4870 1gig

4 gb Ram

vista 64 bit

You'll be fine on High Settings, with Shadows on med, and AF on Low. ;)

Hey everyone, do you think I'll have any problems? My specs are over the minimum but I heard I will need to play it at lower settings, so I'm concerned.

My specs:

Intel E8200 Dual Core 2.66GHz

4GB RAM + Windows XP 32bit = 3.5GB RAM

Nvidia XFX Geforce 275 896MB

Now, is that a GTX275 that you're talking about?

And your CPU is fine. So...I don't know who told you that you need to play at lower settings. I'm playing Medium-High right now and I'm getting awesome graphics with great FPS. You'll do just fine.

I just need to upgrade to a GTX260 for better FPS on higher settings ;)

Now, is that a GTX275 that you're talking about?

And your CPU is fine. So...I don't know who told you that you need to play at lower settings. I'm playing Medium-High right now and I'm getting awesome graphics with great FPS. You'll do just fine.

I just need to upgrade to a GTX260 for better FPS on higher settings ;)

Yeah I was just playing another game and got into an argument via voice chat with a guy who had Arma 2. I gave him my system specs and he said no chance in hell. I kind of figured he was full of BS though.

Do you think I'll be able to run everything in High/Very High?

You'll be fine on High Settings, with Shadows on med, and AF on Low. ;)

ok thanks for clearing that up. this game looks promising and ive really been waiting and looking for something like this. (awesome graphics, realism to the max, and huge community with serious players) i just hope little morons arent attracted to this game by steam or any hype its getting.

Hey people, I was able to play the first Arma decently on my Laptop, t7500 core duo at 2.20 Ghz and 2 gigs of ram with a Geforce 8400m Gs but now with Arma 2 I get the "Shaders not valid error" Can anyone Help. I'm using a custom Driver for my video card also.

I don't post here often..infact this might be my first post.

Anyway, I'm positive I won't be able to run ARMA 2 due to my GPU. It's quite old and outdated. Here's my system specs, which aren't the best but I believe my graphics card is the biggest downfall.

Windows XP SP3

2GB RAM

Intel P4 3.4ghz (it's not a duo or quad core, whatever those mean)

Geforce 6600GT (this was good a long time ago haha)

I used to have a 8800GT and that actually overheated my pc which I think killed the power supply or the card just died due to heat(which is why I had to put this older card back in)..maybe somebody can give me on advice on how to keep my pc cool. Right now I have to play ARMA 1 on the lowest settings for no lag.

My PC is a Sony that I bought awhile back (05 or 06) then I added ram and the video card. I also read about people just preferring to build PC's, but I don't see why I couldn't just buy parts and exchange them on this one. I'm a newb.

Any suggestions for a top end card I can save up for whenever I get a job ? (17 yrs old here, it's a pain to get a job in this area :\ )

Nope, it's my 9th post :p

Best way to keep your pc cool? Ditch the P4. Those things run so hot it's not even funny. You'd be better off mixing between a new CPU and new GPU than throwing all your money into a new GPU honestly. For $500 you can build yourself a pretty decent rig that should handle the game relatively well.

Best way to keep your pc cool? Ditch the P4. Those things run so hot it's not even funny. You'd be better off mixing between a new CPU and new GPU than throwing all your money into a new GPU honestly. For $500 you can build yourself a pretty decent rig that should handle the game relatively well.

Ok, do you have any suggestions for a new CPU and GPU then? I need something to look ahead to so I can play when I get a job and start saving money.

Ok, do you have any suggestions for a new CPU and GPU then? I need something to look ahead to so I can play when I get a job and start saving money.

Look at my Rig that should hopefully be around under $450 USD. gfx card,ram,motherboard,cpu cost me under $280 USD, but around $520 NZD..

i found out on this site that gtx285 SLI or even gtx260 SLI really beats out 4870x2 like and old dog. in every test in other games. i ordered 4870x2 allready for 275€. and have 1 gtx260 so one more for sli would beat one 4870x2.crap. thougt id need new sli mobo because my p35 asus only have cf .sorry about OT

here is the article:

http://techreport.com/articles.x/16681/12

Edited by purkka_FIN
new signature

Ive got a 6000+ amd Dual core

4890 1 gig

4 gig of ram on win XP

and with most settings high, 100%-125% filrate i average 26-32 fps, though its quite noticeable when it drops to the lower end of that bracket. Any suggestions on how to get more FPS and what would need upgrading.

Thanks

Any suggestions on how to get more FPS and what would need upgrading.

Here's a couple of things that work for me. Some of them sound bizarre, but really you should try them:

- Setting shadows to very high instead of high improves performance.

- Same for textures.

- If you can live with less dense grass and some lower LODs on distant objects, try setting terrain detail and model detail to low. It may sound drastic, but the visual difference isn't as bad as you might think and performance is enhanced greatly.

- Leave postprocessing on low.

- Don't set your view distance too high. 2,5km is normally fine.

Let me know what results you get. :)

Edited by MadDogX

also, u will notice that if u have ur view distance under 4 or 3 km, u get th eoptions for very high, but if u have it higher u cant go as high in other settings, have a good play around!

Did you play the game yet ?

Well, only for the past few months........

I'm playing with this machine:

Geforce 9800GT 512mb.

C2D E6600 2.4Ghz

2GB DDR2 RAM.

And I have almost every setting on low or very low.

Im sick of it, how can this be?

I played ArmA1 on very high, and now suddenly ArmA2 looks WORSE than the first one.

Also the framerate is around 40-30ish, but I experience really bad mouselag inside forests and such. Any thoughts about this?

And last but not least, Im thinking of OCing my C2D to 3.0Ghz, will this make difference?

Do I need to buy new fans for this?