Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Will my PC Run this? What CPU/GPU to get? What settings? System Specifications.

Will this run the game a lot better (Seeing as I have a Pentium D 3.20Ghz now :() along with my Nvidia 8800 GT? I don't want an i7 or something since I'm getting one next year, but will this quad hold me off well and raise my shitty 15-20 FPS to at least a playable 30 FPS in combat scenarios?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115057&cm_re=Intel_Core_2_quad-_-19-115-057-_-Product

Sure you will get higher FPS but depending on the scenario ie. in towns your framerate will drop to 20fps. I went from Core2Duo 3.8ghz to Core2Quad 4.5ghz (For stability I lowered to 4.3ghz) and still I'm experiencing framerates below 25 in towns. GPU usage is somewhere around 20-30%.

i have GTS 250 1024 and i have ca. 30 FPS and no more problems :] card costed me 500 PLN (120 EU) and i am happy to have it working good at 1280*1024 and high quality set

---------- Post added at 12:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

[/color]

will this laptop be good enough to run arma 2 at least on medium setting.

Thanks.

Going by the advice i have been given that will not run it. Do what i am doing and spend £50 pound more and get this one.

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/samsung-np-r780-js05uk-04927989-pdt.html

---------- Post added at 12:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

[/color]

Going by the advice i have been given that will not run it. Do what i am doing and spend £50 pound more and get this one.

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/samsung-np-r780-js05uk-04927989-pdt.html

Hmm why wont it run it? the I7 is quadcore :s the gpu isnt tht bad surely.

altho that samsung is nicer looking.

Hmm why wont it run it? the I7 is quadcore :s the gpu isnt tht bad surely.

altho that samsung is nicer looking.

Only going by the advice i have been given. Its monday why don't you ring PC world up ?

what about this one then http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/toshiba-satellite-p500-18g-04961648-pdt.html

that will run it right?

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 PM ----------

Only going by the advice i have been given. Its monday why don't you ring PC world up ?

oh im planning ahead i wont get it untill crhsitmas. im just trying to get an idea of what i need.

what about this one then http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/toshiba-satellite-p500-18g-04961648-pdt.html

that will run it right?

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 PM ----------

oh im planning ahead i wont get it untill crhsitmas. im just trying to get an idea of what i need.

Ah gotya. Goodluck mate. Wish i could of been more help.

i think ill get that toshiba one. hopefully i cant get it before the vat increase.

Sure you will get higher FPS but depending on the scenario ie. in towns your framerate will drop to 20fps. I went from Core2Duo 3.8ghz to Core2Quad 4.5ghz (For stability I lowered to 4.3ghz) and still I'm experiencing framerates below 25 in towns. GPU usage is somewhere around 20-30%.

I think we will need to wait for atleast 1 more generation of CPUs/GPUs to play this game at more than 30fps in big fights and cities.

I am huge fan of series and i play arma2 but i just dont understand how it works.

All the time i thought game was cpu bound, and when i run this game with same video settings (arrowhead demo benchmark), i get same fps at 3 and 3.6GHz wit q6600.

38fps with 1600VD 100% 1680, everything very high exept postprocesing(disabled, i dont like it), and antialiasing on high.

I get even 60 fps on some places, 41 with same settings in benchmark 1 in arma2.

But what i realy hate is performance in big cities, damn fps drop to 20. Using deduction one would say it gpu bottlenecks there, but no. Even if i drop everything to very low, it doesnt change more than 1-2 fps. And that is beyond logic, waching task manager rearly shows spikes to even 70% of cpu usage.

Point is, even if i sell my pc and i pay 1000$ more, i dont belive i can play and run warfare, or play in elektrozavodsk with no sub 30fps.

My system

q6600 go @3.6 (9x400) 4GB ddr2 pc 6400 , ati 4850 volt moded, and clocked

Thanks, that's a big improvement for me...I get like 5 FPS in towns right now. :o

hey all,

ill be honest,i have no idea what any of this means,iam planning on building a new comp as my last 1 died,i have only just got back on the internet after a long time away,i didnt even know arma 2 was out till a week ago,i nearly wet my keks when i seen it had been released.

So iam going to build a new comp,BUT and its a big but,i dont really understand all this quadcore and overclocking and stuff,i have read many posts on this forum and all over the internet but am still non the wiser as back when i had my comp it wasn't all this duo or quadcore stuff,now there seems to be more digits to the chip etc which i dont really get.

I just need a few pointers really like im going to get 4gb of ram tomorrow,i should get ddrII ram yes?

Also would this be good enough for arma 2 or a total waste of timehttp://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=404706#helpfaq

Iam not looking to play arma 2 with everythin max'd out but at least half decent

THANKS.

Dan

How is this setup to run Arma2?

Intel® Core™ i5-650 Processor

- 3.2 GHz

4 GB DDR3 RAM

ATI Radeon HD5450

How should these settings fair?

Phenom II X4 955(3.2GHz)

4GB DDR3 RAM

NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT 1 GB

Running at a 1920x1080 resolution

I just ordered my computer so I'm hoping to be able to run it better than I do now

Hello, i have an:

Ahtlon X4 640

Ati Radeon HD 4600 512 MB

2 GB DDR3 of RAM

I just tried the demo benchmark with everything on very high, got 7 FPS :P

Then i changed some stuff:

View distance: 2239

Quality preference: High

Shadows: Disabled

Texture detail: Normal

Video memory: Normal

Anisotropic detail: Low

Antialising: Low

Terrain Detail: Normal

Object detail: Normal

Post process effects: Low

Got 46 FPS average. What do you think?

Anyone got experience of running OA with a 6 core amd 1090T or similar already?

It says it supports multicore, but how good?

And whats better: overclocked GTX460 with 1GB or ATI 5850 1GB?

Hmmmmm, so i had a crappy GTS 240 and just swapped it for a GTX 460 1gb card and i seem to get lower fps at the exact same settings with ARMA2 :S

Hmmmmm, so i had a crappy GTS 240 and just swapped it for a GTX 460 1gb card and i seem to get lower fps at the exact same settings with ARMA2 :S

that's odd to say the least, what's your cpu?

that's odd to say the least, what's your cpu?

I have a core I7 920 @stock with 6gb ram... my drivers are all update and i am some how getting less fps... I have missions saved where i use the exact same graphic settings for testing and its very laggy with my GTX 460 yet my old GTS 240 was smooth... i don't get it at all.

I have a core I7 920 @stock with 6gb ram... my drivers are all update and i am some how getting less fps... I have missions saved where i use the exact same graphic settings for testing and its very laggy with my GTX 460 yet my old GTS 240 was smooth... i don't get it at all.

you did disable hyperthreading right?

Will an ATI 4650 512 mb run the game ok? I meet all other recommended requirements.

Ok, think I've decided on a build:

AMD Phenom QuadCore 955, 3,2GHz 65nm AM3, 8MB

4GB DUAL DDR3 1333MHz

MSI GeForce N460GTX Cyclone 1GD5 OC

Win7 Home Premium 64-Bit

I would like to get the AMD Phenom X4 965 but it isn't available anywhere. Think I'll get good results with this machine?