Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Will my PC Run this? What CPU/GPU to get? What settings? System Specifications.

How well would an alienware M11x run arma 2? Here are some specs.Overclockable Intel®*** CoreTM*** 2 Duo SU7300 processor

1GB NVIDIA®*** GeForce®*** GT 335M graphics card (performance) & integrated Intel®*** graphics (battery life) — graphics switched manually

VGA, display port & HDMI graphics outputs

---------- Post added at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 PM ----------

Its a laptop by the way.

How well would an alienware M11x run arma 2? Here are some specs.Overclockable Intel®*** CoreTM*** 2 Duo SU7300 processor

1GB NVIDIA®*** GeForce®*** GT 335M graphics card (performance) & integrated Intel®*** graphics (battery life) — graphics switched manually

---------- Post added at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 PM ----------

Its a laptop by the way.

If you're gonna get a new laptop get one with an i3/5/7 processor. Gpu-wise it's ok I guess but if you're gonna spend a vast ammount of money on it I'd get one with a faster gpu.

The laptop should run the game ok on medium, so if you can get it for cheap go for it.

That was actually the only cheap laptop I could find that would be able to run on medium settings. It was 800 dollars.

start -> run

type "dxdiag" (without the " " of course) and you should see it under system model.

in windows 7 you can just type it in the searchfield under start and press enter

Yes,i have a Aspire M5100.

hey all, i'm hoping to get back into pc gaming and am about to purchase parts to build a pc to play this game, this is the list of things I am planning on purchasing this weekend, will I be able to play this game at higher settings with this set up or no?

BIOSTAR T5 XE CFX-SLI LGA 1156 Intel P55 ATX Intel Motherboard

Intel Core i7-875K Lynnfield 2.93GHz LGA 1156 95W Quad-Core Unlocked Desktop Processor

gforce 9800 1gb

6 gigs of ddr3 1600

I'm planning on using a computer case and harddrives from a computer I had built for me a few years back.

thanks for the help guys

hey all, i'm hoping to get back into pc gaming and am about to purchase parts to build a pc to play this game, this is the list of things I am planning on purchasing this weekend, will I be able to play this game at higher settings with this set up or no?

BIOSTAR T5 XE CFX-SLI LGA 1156 Intel P55 ATX Intel Motherboard

Intel Core i7-875K Lynnfield 2.93GHz LGA 1156 95W Quad-Core Unlocked Desktop Processor

gforce 9800 1gb

6 gigs of ddr3 1600

I'm planning on using a computer case and harddrives from a computer I had built for me a few years back.

thanks for the help guys

I think the gforce 9800 1gb will let you down.

I'm hoping to get into PC gaming so; so I just wanted to make sure that the one I choose witll be able to run Arma II and OA well.

System Specification

- Power Supply: Corsair Extreme 600W

- CPU: Intel Core i5 760 2.80GHz overclocked to 4.00GHz

- Motherboard: Asus P7P55D-E Intel P55 (Socket 1156) DDR3 Motherboard

- Cooler: Akasa Venom CPU Cooler

- RAM: Corsair XMS3 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit

- Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB SATA-II 16MB Cache

- Graphics Card: Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5850 1GB GDDR5

- Sound: High Definition 7.1 Onboard Sound Card

- Optical Drive: 22x DVD+RW SATA Dual Layer ReWriter

Its a laptop by the way.

Are you serious about playing the game on laptop, lolol?

then which cards do you recommend?

Quite simply the best you can afford. I had a Gts 250 1gig which ran arma2oa ok on modest settings but fps bogged down often when things got busy. I then went to a nvidia zotac 470 which gave me a big boost. Now i have two of them in SLI and i get about 53fps everything on very high apart from postprocess and terrain detail which are on high, view distance about 3500. With eveything on high i get about 57fps. Im using an i7 oc to 3.8gig.

Quite simply the best you can afford. I had a Gts 250 1gig which ran arma2oa ok on modest settings but fps bogged down often when things got busy. I then went to a nvidia zotac 470 which gave me a big boost. Now i have two of them in SLI and i get about 53fps everything on very high apart from postprocess and terrain detail which are on high, view distance about 3500. With eveything on high i get about 57fps. Im using an i7 oc to 3.8gig.

GTX 470 on SLI :D :rolleyes:

Hi. I haven't read trough all 534 pages of this thread, but here is a nice find: http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

"can you run it" is the name of this service. It's not perfect, but will give you some idea how fast your rig is. What games it can run with basic graphic settings or all settings maxed.

Oh btw. my rig is this:

intel Q6600 @3.1 GHZ

abit platinum mobo

8 GB ram in dual mode

amd/ati 5870 (stock speed)

4 x 160 GB HDD drives in RAID 5. (old shitty drives, but runs smooth enough all together)

2 x 22" LCD monitors (soon I'll get one more to use eyefinity)

20 mbit/s down - 2 mbit/s up speed to my ISP. (soon 30/30 mbit/s fibreoptic internet connection)

My rig runs arma1 smooth with everything on max settings.

arma2 and OA works great too:

1680 x 1050

10 000 meters view distance

normal settings on the rest.

I get ~20 -30 FPS.

My two other computers is:

AMD athlon AM2 5200+ x2@stock

nvidia 8800 GTS 320 mb

msi mobo

5 GB ram

single SATA harddrive 320 GB western digital (or something)

and

amd athlon 265 dual core. AM3 @stock

4 GB ram

nvidia 8800 GTS 320 mb

single SATA drive 500 GB

both runs arma1 well, arma2 on medium settings.

Edited by Kynxx

So whats your point:butbut:

Your tempetature and the sound of a jet engine yet capable of delivering 10% more power, or even less than an sli GTX 460?

And you felt you had to comment with some sarcastic remark because i described i had two 470s in a pc telling someone what fps i was getting on full settings. If you want a childish pissing contest they're is always your backyard to consider!

And you felt you had to comment with some sarcastic remark because i described i had two 470s in a pc telling someone what fps i was getting on full settings. If you want a childish pissing contest they're is always your backyard to consider!

I was just wondering "why"? Like if GTX 460 on SLI can't run every game out there 8X MSAA max details?

I was just wondering "why"? Like if GTX 460 on SLI can't run every game out there 8X MSAA max details?

Well, cant run this games at 60fps fluid.... Arma2, AO, Crysis, Crysis warhead, Metro 2033, Flight simulator X...., and many, many others

Really interested in playing this game, but can I run it to an enjoyable extent?

HP Pavilion dv6

Intel Core i5 M 540 @2.53GHz

ATI Mobility Radeon 5650 HD - 1gb vram

4gb DDR3 RAM

http://www.guru3d.com/article/geforce-gtx-460-sli-review/11

768MB version which is almost 25% slower than 1GB version goes in SLI 1920x1200 reso 59FPS

Dear friend, you are telling about maxed + 8msaa, and giving me link to crysis warhead setup at "gamer" and 2x AA, cmon.

Arma2 is demaniding game, but there are other games out there that cant be run on current hardware, and ofer much much less than arma 2, or OA.

You need to learn critical thinking, and analyze data that is avalable, like for example that chart. On that chart you can see 1GB runing at 36fps, an 768 MB running at 33fps, on that game diference is 36/33, or 9.09%. But this is offtopic.

IMHO GTX460 with 768 or 1GB aer both fine videocards for arma2, if you have quad core cpu at 3+GHz.

Have a nice day.

Hi all

I have

2,53 gigahertz Intel Core2 Duo processor

ASUSTeK P5KPL motherboard

ATI Radeon HD 4890 2GB graphics card

4GB RAM

and my game is playing at about 15-30 fps (Utes is higher)

Do you think that if I buy a better cpu, my framerates will improve noticeably?

thanks in advance,

Nicolai

Hello,

I'm about to buy a PC config and I would like to have your opinion about it. Can this run comfortably Arma2:

Intel Core i5 760 4x2.80GHz
Sapphire HD 5850 Rev. 2 1024MB GDDR5 PCIe
Corsair XMS3 KIT 4GB PC3-12800U DDR3-1600

?

Thanks,

Tex

Hello,

I'm about to buy a PC config and I would like to have your opinion about it. Can this run comfortably Arma2:

Intel Core i5 760 4x2.80GHz
Sapphire HD 5850 Rev. 2 1024MB GDDR5 PCIe
Corsair XMS3 KIT 4GB PC3-12800U DDR3-1600

?

Thanks,

Tex

Replace the 5850 with either 5870 or 460 SLI or you will be disappointed.

Really? I run OA on a 5850 and I have no problem. If I were going to upgrade something in his rig I'd upgrade to a Core i7 CPU with tri-channel memory.

Edited by Polar Bear

Replace the 5850 with either 5870 or 460 SLI or you will be disappointed.

Is there such a difference between the 5850 and the 5870 ? I had a look at some test and the 5870 seems to be just a bit faster but much more expensive (+100€)