Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Will my PC Run this? What CPU/GPU to get? What settings? System Specifications.

Will an ATI 4650 512 mb run the game ok? I meet all other recommended requirements.

It'll run, it's above the minimum requirements, don't know how well it will run, try the demos if you want to test it. If you're buying the card new I suggest you look at something slightly faster.

---------- Post added at 09:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 AM ----------

Ok, think I've decided on a build:

AMD Phenom QuadCore 955, 3,2GHz 65nm AM3, 8MB

4GB DUAL DDR3 1333MHz

MSI GeForce N460GTX Cyclone 1GD5 OC

Win7 Home Premium 64-Bit

I would like to get the AMD Phenom X4 965 but it isn't available anywhere. Think I'll get good results with this machine?

Only difference between the 955 and the 965 is a 200 Mhz higher clockspeed, if you get a BE you can easily do this yourself. But why even bother, it's only 200/3200 = 6.25% faster.

Whats better:

Zotac GeForce GTX 470 AMP! Edition, 1280MB GDDR5

or ATI Raeon 5870.

same price class.

?

Anyone uses WD Raptor as Arma2 drive? Is it better than a normal 7200rpm? Or should i get a new 7200rpm drive what has better avg sequential read, but not so good latency.

Anyone uses WD Raptor as Arma2 drive? Is it better than a normal 7200rpm? Or should i get a new 7200rpm drive what has better avg sequential read, but not so good latency.

You want something with a really fast random access time which the 10k rpm drives are excellent for. I run Arma2 on a Raptor, it's pretty good :)

might as well get an ssd and a 7200 rpm drive instead of a raptor imo.

might as well get an ssd and a 7200 rpm drive instead of a raptor imo.

Depends on how much stuff you have to put on the ssd. SSD is quicker but generally smaller and much more expensive :)

I have only Arma 2, OA and my mod folders on the raptor which takes up 23.7gb, I'm sure I'm missing some mods but that is easily fixed.

It'll run, it's above the minimum requirements, don't know how well it will run, try the demos if you want to test it. If you're buying the card new I suggest you look at something slightly faster.

Well OA demo runs fine, on benchmark i get like 45 FPS with most settings on normal, even some on high.

Depends on how much stuff you have to put on the ssd. SSD is quicker but generally smaller and much more expensive :)

I have only Arma 2, OA and my mod folders on the raptor which takes up 23.7gb, I'm sure I'm missing some mods but that is easily fixed.

That would still fit on an X25-V, dont know how many people buy a ssd and only install arma on it though :).

How is the SLI support in ARMA 2 and OA at the moment? I'm still trying to decide whether I should buy two GTX460 1GB cards or one ATI 5870.

How is the SLI support in ARMA 2 and OA at the moment? I'm still trying to decide whether I should buy two GTX460 1GB cards or one ATI 5870.

Working very well for me.

I think this is where I post this.

-My CPU is an AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+

-My Graphics card is an NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250.

I do believe I can run ArmA 2, but can anybody estimate how well ArmA 2 will run on my system?

Anybody know how much gigs of RAM 32 bit Vista Home Premium can use? I've looked it up on Google but some say 2GB, others 4GB and no straight answer, does anybody know for sure? I believe that may be a problem with my FPS is my current low 2GB.

On 32 bit OS - 4GB minus your video card memory and the address space allocated to a couple other hardware resourcse. Typically, the realistic maximum memory is somewhere betwee 2.5GB and 3.5GB.

Whats better:

or ATI Raeon 5870.

same price class.

?

Whats better:

or ATI Raeon 5870.

same price class.

?

they trade blows overall pretty equal guess it depends what features you want when choosing one over the other

I heared that with Radeon Cards, you cannot turn off AF and it may be flickering.

Most people cannot see this flickerung though, but i have no idea how to test it, if i can see it or not, before buying :/

Thats why i more tending to the GeForce GTX 470 AMP!

Do you have any what exactly is meane with AF flickering? (Anisotropic Filter i guess)

I heared that with Radeon Cards, you cannot turn off AF and it may be flickering.

Most people cannot see this flickerung though, but i have no idea how to test it, if i can see it or not, before buying :/

Thats why i more tending to the GeForce GTX 470 AMP!

Do you have any what exactly is meane with AF flickering? (Anisotropic Filter i guess)

Well I have a 4870HD and I don't have any kind of flickering when I won't go under 10-5 fps, which I won't go before my CPU bottlenecks it.

---------- Post added at 11:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 AM ----------

Whats better:

or ATI Raeon 5870.

same price class.

?

A single 5870 outperforms 470, but dual 470 outperform pretty much any single card.. yet dual 5870 outperforms everything else than 480GTX SLI.

---------- Post added at 11:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 AM ----------

I think this is where I post this.

-My CPU is an AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+

-My Graphics card is an NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250.

I do believe I can run ArmA 2, but can anybody estimate how well ArmA 2 will run on my system?

Bad, your CPU is a PoS and your GPU is low-end dated card.

Primarch, thx for your answers. Now i know that the flickering wont be any problem.

But about the 5870 outperforms, the GTX470 i wouldnt be that sure.

The default yes, but the AMP! version with 1280MB, is refering to Tests, at least as fast as 5870.

Damn, GTX470 AMP! or ATI5870.. help! lol :bounce3:

Primarch, thx for your answers. Now i know that the flickering wont be any problem.

The default yes, but the AMP! version with 1280MB, is refering to Tests, at least as fast as 5870.

In DX 11 games, yeah since ATi sucks in tesselation. In DX 9 and 10 ATi outperforms single handedly its comparison... though there might be microstutter, anyone with a 5870/5850/5970 can verify if it exists while running this game?

Instead of helping you choose I'll make it even more difficult by naming another candidate: you could also get slightly less frames per second for a far lower price with a 460 1GB.

ok, so here is what i wanna buy:

#AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition, 6x3,2GHz

#Asus Crosshair IV Formula, 890FX

#Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B Cpu-Fan

#Be quite! Straigt Power E7-CM600W

#500GB Samsung Spinpoint F3 - 8,9ms, 9200rpm

#G.Skill Ripjaws DIMM PC3-10667U CL7-7-7-21 DDR3-1333 4GB RAM

+ Zotac Geforce GTX470 AMP! Edition 1280MB GDDR5

OR

+ ATI HD5870 1GB (no idea which exactly)

How u think Arma2 and OA will run on this system or what would you change?

@Leon, hehe Thx^^ but i am ok with GPU for like 350€, because i want a rig, where i dont have to change anything the next 2-years :D

Edited by KrAziKilla

Bad, your CPU is a PoS and your GPU is low-end dated card.

Are you sure? I don't have the best CPU, I know, but I checked the recommended system requirements, and my CPU meets the recommended requirement.

Quad Core CPU or fast Dual Core CPU (Intel Core 2.8 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ or faster)

And are you sure about my GPU? It should be a tad under the GTX 260, which I know runs great on ArmA 2 from videos I've seen from Youtube. Looking at the specs of the GTS 250, it is better than a 9800 GT, and the 9800 GT also runs ArmA 2 quite well.

ok, so here is what i wanna buy:

#AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition, 6x3,2GHz

#Asus Crosshair IV Formula, 890FX

#Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B Cpu-Fan

#Be quite! Straigt Power E7-CM600W

#500GB Samsung Spinpoint F3 - 8,9ms, 9200rpm

#G.Skill Ripjaws DIMM PC3-10667U CL7-7-7-21 DDR3-1333 4GB RAM

+ Zotac Geforce GTX470 AMP! Edition 1280MB GDDR5

OR

+ ATI HD5870 1GB (no idea which exactly)

How u think Arma2 and OA will run on this system or what would you change?

@Leon, hehe Thx^^ but i am ok with GPU for like 350€, because i want a rig, where i dont have to change anything the next 2-years :D

well, if you're going for something like that I'd get the 5870, then you'll be able to run crossfire if you find a cheap 5870 some day. Personally I'd go with an X58 setup so you can do both sli and crossfire.

I have a new x58setup with two Zotac 470's in SLI and get 60 to 61 fps in the arma2 benchmark.

I have a new x58setup with two Zotac 470's in SLI and get 60 to 61 fps in the arma2 benchmark.

SLI creams CF in my experience (pretty much across the board).

Congrats on your new rig :D