Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Will my PC Run this? What CPU/GPU to get? What settings? System Specifications.

About zambezi (bulldozer).

Pls, dont write rubbish, there is no confirmed details about anything abaut bulldozer, rather than some slides about arhitecture.

For best info right now check Anands site (anandtech), he is one of few people in the willdness of internet that knows something about computer science, and hardware, as he is engineer (master of science in cs).

THERE IS NO OTHER INFO ABOUT BULLDOZER THAN ON HIS SITE, ONLY AMDs old roadmap slide, where one can see AM3+, but THAT DOES NOT MEAN IT WILL BE OR IT WONT BE COMPATIBLE WITH AM3 sockets, and CHIPSETS we have today (like with bios update).

Stop acting smart, becouse there IS NO OFFICIAL INFO YET!!!!

But amd will reveal zambezi detail in August 24th.

http://www.dvhardware.net/article44409.html

I would personaly wait for hotchips, and if i see if it would be compatible.

IF copatible with AMDs latest chipsets avalable today, i would buy 1090T and when zambezi comes out, if its good raplece it.

Personaly i would go with asus formula 4 motherboard.

Acording to our member bangtail, he confirmed no benefit to 6 core, as he owns gulftown, and he owned quad i7 before, so i dont see that AMDs 6 core cpus would be any better than 4 cores.

But personaly i would go to 6 core, not becouse i think in next few years we would see any benefit in that, rather becouse you can run any game at 4 cores, like arma 2, and use 2 extra cores with fraps to capture videos at some nice fps without noticable fps drop. And with video editing 2 extra cores will matter.

There is only one game as i know that uses all 6 cores with some benefit is microsofts FSX, and i realy dont see there will be 6 core avare games in next 5 years.

Have a nice day.

Can the Dell Inspiron laptop run arma 2 well? If so then what version of the Inspiron?

I really need this answered immediatly!

No.

And please stop the speculation about processors that aren't even close to launching. All it does is cause more confusion.

No.

And please stop the speculation about processors that aren't even close to launching. All it does is cause more confusion.

Just wanted to say mate thanks for your advice. Got myself a Sumsung R780 and runs like a dream.

How well will this laptop run arma 2?

HP Pavilion DM3-2010US NoteBook AMD Athlon II Neo Dual-Core K325(1.30GHz) 13.3" 4GB Memory 320GB HDD 7200rpm ATI Radeon HD 4225

Hello all. I currently have a ATI Radeon 4670, AMD Athlon Quad Core CPU, ASUS m3a76-cm motherboard, mushkin 2gb ram. If I upgrade my ram to 4gb, what settings could I achieve?

How well will this laptop run arma 2?

HP Pavilion DM3-2010US NoteBook AMD Athlon II Neo Dual-Core K325(1.30GHz) 13.3" 4GB Memory 320GB HDD 7200rpm ATI Radeon HD 4225

Terrible. These are netbook specs.

Are there any 500 to 600 dollar laptops that would be able to run arma 2 on medium settings? Thx for the help.

No

How Arma 2 runs with Gtx 460 1 Gb/Radeon 5850 with Amd Phenom II 945 3.0 GHz and 4Gb RAM? I will play on 1680:1050 and high settings, without AA and Anizo???

Are there any 500 to 600 dollar laptops that would be able to run arma 2 on medium settings? Thx for the help.

No, the cheapest notebook that might run it ok is the samsung R580 JS04 (685 euro's where I live)

If you're looking for notebooks that'll run games quite well but are still affordable and portable (like that samsung, or the one GOL Cobra got) look for ones that either have a Radeon Mobility HD5650 or a GeForce GT330M for a gpu.

---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

Hello all. I currently have a ATI Radeon 4670, AMD Athlon Quad Core CPU, ASUS m3a76-cm motherboard, mushkin 2gb ram. If I upgrade my ram to 4gb, what settings could I achieve?

Upgrading from 2 to 4 GB will be a great upgrade for overall performance but I don't know if you'll notice that much in games. If you want better performance in games upgrade ram and the gpu.

And you have and athlon II right?

No, the cheapest notebook that might run it ok is the samsung R580 JS04 (685 euro's where I live)

If you're looking for notebooks that'll run games quite well but are still affordable and portable (like that samsung, or the one GOL Cobra got) look for ones that either have a Radeon Mobility HD5650 or a GeForce GT330M for a gpu.

---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

Upgrading from 2 to 4 GB will be a great upgrade for overall performance but I don't know if you'll notice that much in games. If you want better performance in games upgrade ram and the gpu.

And you have and athlon II right?

AMD Athlon II X4 620 Propus 2.6GHz Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Processor ADX620WFGIBOX

Processor ^. I wouldn't really think my gpu is my problem, but who knows. What if I upgraded to 6gbs of RAM?

How much difference does say an ATI 5970 make vs. a 5850?

I thought my 5850 was pretty kick-ass until I started playing ArmA. However it may also be limited by the fact that I only have a Core i7 930 OC'd to ~3.2ghz

:rolleyes:

Seriously though I could upgrade my 5850 if it would make a big difference. I get enough FPS to play but I have many graphics settings lowered and it's always nice to be able to turn stuff up.

AMD Athlon II X4 620 Propus 2.6GHz Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Processor ADX620WFGIBOX

Processor ^. I wouldn't really think my gpu is my problem, but who knows. What if I upgraded to 6gbs of RAM?

The cpu is fine as long as you don't put viewdistance and model details too high. Your said you have a 4670 gpu, that will be a bottleneck. Going from 2 to 4 GB ram will be very noticable, from 4 to 6, not so much (tried it out back when ddr2 was dirt cheap).

the 4670 performs roughly equal to the 5650 notebook graphics. It'll run ok on medium but you cant go to high with resolution etc.

Do you guys think 3.20Ghz is fast for a dual core?

If you want us to tell you the speed of a CPU you just have to tell us the name, the frequency isnt that important.

Pentium D 935 3.20 Ghz. I've moved up 2GB of RAM to 4GB and am wondering if I should consider buying a Quad core also, I don't want to spend a lot, just enough to run Arma 2 slightly better than it runs now until I buy an i7 or better next year.

About zambezi (bulldozer).

Pls, dont write rubbish, there is no confirmed details about anything abaut bulldozer, rather than some slides about arhitecture.

For best info right now check Anands site (anandtech), he is one of few people in the willdness of internet that knows something about computer science, and hardware, as he is engineer (master of science in cs).

THERE IS NO OTHER INFO ABOUT BULLDOZER THAN ON HIS SITE, ONLY AMDs old roadmap slide, where one can see AM3+, but THAT DOES NOT MEAN IT WILL BE OR IT WONT BE COMPATIBLE WITH AM3 sockets, and CHIPSETS we have today (like with bios update).

Stop acting smart, becouse there IS NO OFFICIAL INFO YET!!!!

But amd will reveal zambezi detail in August 24th.

http://www.dvhardware.net/article44409.html

I would personaly wait for hotchips, and if i see if it would be compatible.

IF copatible with AMDs latest chipsets avalable today, i would buy 1090T and when zambezi comes out, if its good raplece it.

Personaly i would go with asus formula 4 motherboard.

Acording to our member bangtail, he confirmed no benefit to 6 core, as he owns gulftown, and he owned quad i7 before, so i dont see that AMDs 6 core cpus would be any better than 4 cores.

But personaly i would go to 6 core, not becouse i think in next few years we would see any benefit in that, rather becouse you can run any game at 4 cores, like arma 2, and use 2 extra cores with fraps to capture videos at some nice fps without noticable fps drop. And with video editing 2 extra cores will matter.

There is only one game as i know that uses all 6 cores with some benefit is microsofts FSX, and i realy dont see there will be 6 core avare games in next 5 years.

Have a nice day.

It isnt rubbish this is how AMD has been forever with backwards compatibility lets just say id be suprized if the bulldozer wasnt backwards compatible and fact is bulldozer will be released before ddr 4 memory is available so id bet my paycheck it will be backwards compatible.theres more info on it then just that site look around

Pentium D 935 3.20 Ghz. I've moved up 2GB of RAM to 4GB and am wondering if I should consider buying a Quad core also, I don't want to spend a lot, just enough to run Arma 2 slightly better than it runs now until I buy an i7 or better next year.

Going from pentium 4's and pentium D's to the core2 architecture was a huge increase in performance. If you're lucky your motherboard supports core2 processors also. Look for your motherboard on the manufacturers site. An intel Celeron E3300 (a core2duo with a bit less cache memory) will increase your computers speed greatly and lower power use, for only 40 euro's, but you have to have a motherboard that supports them.

If you cant upgrade your cpu I suggest you upgrade to an i5-760 or an i7 system now instead of next year. People calling s1156 a "dead" socket may be right but who cares, it offers great performance for a reasonable price, if you want more speed you can always overclock to postpone your next upgrade. If you have a very fast cpu and arma doesn't run well you should look at settings instead of a new processor.

---------- Post added at 10:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

It isnt rubbish this is how AMD has been forever with backwards compatibility lets just say id be suprized if the bulldozer wasnt backwards compatible and fact is bulldozer will be released before ddr 4 memory is available so id bet my paycheck it will be backwards compatible.theres more info on it then just that site look around

Please stop this pointless speculating, if you buy am3 now to be able to put a bulldozer on it in the future this isn't a very smart move. It's unknown if it's compatible. Besides, an am3 board is only 80 euro's anyway.

Choosing a processor for arma 2 is really simple, get an i5-760 if you can afford it, if you don't have the money for that get a Phenom II x4 955 BE. If you can't afford that get an Athlon II x4 635 or an Athlon II x3 435. If you want even cheaper you'll have to look for a secondhand system, core2 maybe.

My specs are in my sig.

I am wondering what would be a good gpu to upgrade too? My 7900 can barely handle the game at 720p. Would a Geforce gtx 280 work?

My specs are in my sig.

I am wondering what would be a good gpu to upgrade too? My 7900 can barely handle the game at 720p. Would a Geforce gtx 280 work?

That'll work, will be almost as fast as a gtx 460. A radeon 5850 isn't a bad card also. but almost any modern card will do, even a 5750 is way faster than the gf7900.

Personally I'd get a gtx 460. Best bang/buck for the moment and if you upgrade your cpu next at least the gpu won't be much of a bottleneck.

That'll work, will be almost as fast as a gtx 460. A radeon 5850 isn't a bad card also. but almost any modern card will do, even a 5750 is way faster than the gf7900.

Personally I'd get a gtx 460. Best bang/buck for the moment and if you upgrade your cpu next at least the gpu won't be much of a bottleneck.

I'll go for a 460 then. Eventually I'll upgrade my cpu also, but that hasn't given me as much trouble.

Thanks!

I'll go for a 460 then. Eventually I'll upgrade my cpu also, but that hasn't given me as much trouble.

Thanks!

Np, let us know how it runs :)

Hello everyone,

I'm thinking of upgrading my Processor to maybe a quad core.Can anyone give me any recommendations AND meet the following requirements.

Requirements

1.Must be below 300 dollars USD

2.Must be able to at least run ArmaII on Medium~High

3.Must be able to run on 450 Voltages

I have a MSI 5770 in case you are wondering.Thanks and hope to see some replies :)

Hello everyone,

I'm thinking of upgrading my Processor to maybe a quad core.Can anyone give me any recommendations AND meet the following requirements.

Requirements

1.Must be below 300 dollars USD

2.Must be able to at least run ArmaII on Medium~High

3.Must be able to run on 450 Voltages

I have a MSI 5770 in case you are wondering.Thanks and hope to see some replies :)

you mean 450 Watt Psu? Anyways, maybe your motherboard supports modern quadcores, what motherboard do you have?

Ah,yes =p and how do

You find out what motherboard you have?

Ah,yes =p and how do

You find out what motherboard you have?

start -> run

type "dxdiag" (without the " " of course) and you should see it under system model.

in windows 7 you can just type it in the searchfield under start and press enter