Sign in to follow this  
L!nk07

What's the first thing you are going to do when you get ArmA 2?

hmm I think i will open a cold can of beer, read the manual while the game instals......then figure out if i need to upgrade my pc after trying out the single player missions.

Find a secluded area drop some USMC, an some bad guys an some bad guys, place a Civ as playable an watch the onslaught. See whats new/diff with AI real time. Maybe let a female civie take me on grand tour in C130 8)- Or maybe go bike riding with female Civie across Chenarus.:yay:

The first thing I'll do is put myself in a plane in the editor and fly towards the inland map border. Then see what's beyond :)

Lol, bigfoot will jump and eat your plane.

Litos: my best guess is this will happen to us when we cross "the border" :)

Once i set the controls and go through training and stuff i will go for a long stroll through a field surrounded by mountains and trees :-)

Maybe i'll even get a few beers and drink on my own for once (no gamer mates in real life :|) as the circumstances allow it :-)

Litos: my best guess is this will happen to us when we cross "the border" :)

ROFL, Good old MXM2 flying. It's what I loved the game for.

hmm I think i will open a cold can of beer, read the manual while the game instals......then figure out if i need to upgrade my pc after trying out the single player missions.

Yepp me too - but it'll be a cider!! :D

Fap till it bleeds.

:D

The first honest answer in this thread of 211 posts. :clap:

Uniquely - search for the improvements in contrast with Arma 1! (hope that BIS have even so understood that a great deal from mode "ACE" is required in original game...)

Uniquely - search for the corrections that shortage, on which indicated users this forum! Including my: (3AMAK=KAMA3, emblem "Russian Armed Forces"), hope...

If I shall not find the corrections - I shall is irritated...

But if I shall find - I shall praise BIS!

Edited by Jinn

If the campaign really is that good i'll try and discover Chernarus that way, i like venturing into unknown territory so i will avoid the temptation of spoiling a new, fresh map with the editor..

Would run through a group of AI and see if I die.. :rolleyes:

p.s When you do this in arma 1 you dont die!!!

Test out the grass effects while lying prone to see how you can trample grass in order to get a better view.

The first thing i am gonna do, after i have ripped the ArmAII package from the mailmans bag, is to: Lock up every entrance to my appartment, turn of my cell, turn on and log on to TeamSpeak, install ArmAII, put 250 litres of cola in the fridge, take "Ready to eat"-food out of the freezer..... and then wait for the war to begin!

As being a OGN Game Server and Forum admin.. probably upload it to the servers so you guys can play on it.... then pack my bags and go on a Holiday as the forums will become a ghost town for the next few weeks :yay:

Or the other way around, there might be so much activity talking about the game now that everyone's played it...

Check out the framerate in different situations / locales !!!:butbut:

Probably play through the campaign with some buddies.

After that it's all off to the multi player which hopefully is more solid this time around.

Start Fraps and record whatever I actually decide to do afterwards ;)

Doesn't fraps make games FPS DROP ALLOT, or have i done something wrong?

Im going to explore EVERYTHING, then play the campaign until i finish it.

ARMA 2 MARATHON WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Turn on the pc, install the game.. place a tank and an empty C-130 with the cargo door open, try to ride the Tank in and see what happens:p

Doesn't fraps make games FPS DROP ALLOT, or have i done something wrong?

Yep, it does, but that's not always a bad thing. When recording with FRAPS it's a good idea to limit the framerate, unless you have heaps of hard disk space to spare. I've been testing it recently because I also plan to record some coop campaign action myself when I get the game this weekend.

I've found that even if you record 1280x720 at 30fps (YouTube HD quality), the generated video will weigh in at about 1GB per minute. If you have a powerful system you could of course set it to 60FPS (giving you a decent in-game framerate in the process) but that would also make the video files twice as large.

It's raw avi, so needs compression afterwards. Few PC's are able to compress realtime with decent quality and w/o losing ability to play the game. Fraps works on Dualcore processors way better though. Still for hi-res this is a pain.