Sign in to follow this  
L!nk07

What's the first thing you are going to do when you get ArmA 2?

first things first. co-op with my room mate. get him to jump in a C130.. and i will get my mountain bike. at a very unsafe altitude i shall simply ride my bike out the door :P

but also im keen to go in as civilian with a sniper rifle and hunt me some dinner :)

Hope the first thing I'll NOT have to do on the 505 is patch it..

go on the editor and make a massive battlefield where i defend a small house..against a vast amount of troops and armour or go hunting in the woods heh, make a dogfight ( aircraft battle<<) or test all the weaponary at civilians :D

I will most likely play singleplayer get a feel for the game.

Then will be the keyboard configuration for flying and vehicles etc.

im sure a few hours later i will venture online see what thats like :)

I'm gonna go straight into the editor and check out the 3D editing mode, and then walk around with a rifleman.

first i think it takes me some time to get all done since im getting the german version, and i dont speak german at all.

After i have the game installed, prolly gonna play singleplayer for some time

first im gonna cuddle some with the dvd cover, then the manual and then install it.

Then i'm probably going to test the tutorial-campaign-editor-multiplayer:D

im gonna jizz all over mine from too much excitement..

joking.. nah as soon as i recieve it i am gonna jump like a 5 year old and then put it into my PC install and cheer!!

I dont know, I'll just put the into my PC and install part. Really no need to act all excited. Just get a hotpocker, some beer, and begin testing... Who knows, what if there will be bugs and whatsoever. I doubt the game will disappoint any of us, but save your energy of jumping around to when you really need to focus on the multiplayer gameplay. :)

Ah... Today people just test things... Why not just run the campaign and enjoy what they did! Then test it. LOL I hope helicopter pilots will not eject... That is stupid apart from Ka-50. Then I will put a dog on the editor and make it as the player, put some old people around and try to bit them and say "aoh aoh" or whatever sound a dog makes. :)

"aoh aoh" or whatever sound a dog makes. :)

hahahaha, i love it

I am personally going to right for MP and pwn some n00bs lol. How about you guys?

Smart arse reply:

Install it

...then get my graphic and key settings working

For real:

Probably do training, then some SP, then play some Coop SP.

Already got the german version and the first thing you will do is spend the first few days getting it to look right and work right, after that you will run ArmA Mark II loads of times until you believe you have the best score you can get, then you will use the editor just to throw some stuff down to play with, maybe a week or so later we will see you in MP ;)

Now it is the past, I can tell what I did:

- No plug&play, just F**** & pray.

- "Debugging" HW+OS to get ArmAII running

- Enjoying the bugs known since OFP

After 2 weeks I was able to stay longer then 1h in an MP session without CTD etc.

never played arma 1 so i will probably try to learn the game and hope that there will be "THE FEELING"

never played arma 1 so i will probably try to learn the game and hope that there will be "THE FEELING"

just do yourself a favour and dont do the tutorial missions unless they are fixing it in the upcoming patch.

i did them and left them more confused than educated :D

i think i died 4 times on the heavy weapons range and to this day i dont know why :D

Well Game sent me a mail and my copy is in the post today :yay:. So it will land on my doorstep tomorrow :bounce3:. First thing I will do after install is jump to the editor add some enemy units and sit and tweak the settings, plus update my graphics driver etc :cool:.

Once I get a happy medium I will try out the training (bugs and all :p) and then dive into the campaign for a while.

Once i'm into that I will start copying over islands and grab some new mods already out and play away. Pretty sure once I get most of the islands I like into A2 I will pretty much leave A1 for dust.

Oh and also install on my dual boot under XP & Vista and see which runs better.

Return it..

Cause my PC prolly wont play it good :D

nah i dunno if it plays good I will first chek the settings, then training, then campaign, then single missions, then MP !! :D

Come friday I'm going to cherish the moment while I read the manual, before I attempt to install it on this old toaster.