Sign in to follow this  
Jennik

BI Forums downtime

I wonder if it is possible to see the last post in each forum-part from the http://forums.bistudio.com/index.php , like in the old forum?

BI news, general, and offtopic is visible, but the arma 2, armed assault and ofp parts are just blue and does not show latest posts preview.

Is this useful for you? http://forums.bistudio.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4
;1268389']Theres 24-hour option in User CP > Edit Options > Forum Language > English (24 hour time)

Thanks mate!! :butbut: :a:

Yeah, I think it's so slow because all the members are checking out because of what was their most favorite forum shut down for so long ;)

I have no idea how many new members already seen here, but there are a few :blues:

Say, is there any way to open up the collapsed boads so it's easier to see what was the latest post/thread? ArmA2, ArmA, OFP and Carrier Command.

What a luck... puhhhhh

In todays World we already suffer from sensory overload way to much, no need for blinking stuff here on top of that :p :cool:

:j: :yay: :bounce3: now jump off a building or something? :p

Yeah, please let us see the 'last post' in 'BI MILITARY GAMES FORUMS' too.

Looks nice though.

[EDIT]

The "old" quotation marks are all replaced with --> "

Edited by sk3pt
bug

Love the new forums, but I can't believe you totally forgot to fix some of the simple BBCode mappings which were incorrectly done first time round for the beta forum (then identified and posted in forums.bistudio.com PUBLIC BETA, which would have automatically fixed 90% of the badly formatted posts. Unless there was no control over this aspect. At least the post truncations were fixed.

Incorrect BBCodes examples: (3 main ones)

[list] is being mapped to <ul> (even though [/list ] is still being used to terminate it)

[color=] is being mapped to <span style='color:...'>
[size=] is being mapped to <span style='font-size:...'>

Edited by Dr_Eyeball

just a hint, wouldn't it be a good idea to update the forum links ? ( ie, on the arma2 website, and probably both the operation flashpoint and arma website as well )

Since I'm active on another forum powered by vBulletin, I'm pretty used to it.

Good move, BIS. :)

Now, if I could only find out how to edit my signature...:confused:

Edited by Kernriver

I've an issue with my avatar.

I'd like to use this image which is 80x78 px and 13.59 KB large.

Therefore it doesn't breach the max allowed limits.

Yet it still gives me "Remote file too large" error while attempting to use it.

When I try to upload the file it always scales it down by 1 pixel, no matter what size it is, effectively busting the PNG transparency.

In fact, I wonder why we can't have larger avatars. I've seen other vBulletin forums allowing avatars as big as 40kb with 130x130 and it doesnt look bad at all. At any rate, didnt the old forum allow avatars up to 100kb in size?

In the "menu" header there is options for: User CP, FAQ, Community, Calendar, New Posts, Search, Quick Links and Log Out. From this list the community, search and quick links which all have that "arrow down" wont work in my FireFox v3.08 (latest version).

What am I doing wrong?

@Snake Man

Activate Java Script

Xeno

Now, if I could only find out how to edit my signature...:confused:

You can do it from the upper right 'quick links' pull down menu.

LOL at all these new forum smilies :706:

In fact, I wonder why we can't have larger avatars. I've seen other vBulletin forums allowing avatars as big as 40kb with 130x130 and it doesnt look bad at all. At any rate, didnt the old forum allow avatars up to 100kb in size?

Thanks to the extreme amount of users on these forums, we must be very carefull allowing any data upload. The file size and dimensions limit for avatars is set to 80x80pixels and 10kb now. For a JPEG or GIF format it wouldn't be a problem to fit this limit. My own avatar is 7.173b GIF.

Edited by Jennik
typo

Enabling file/image uploads through the forums, but having them mirror elsewhere (we wouldn't even notice) is actually possible...

Would it possible to change the forum to only accept externally hosted avatars? Slightly inconvinient, but it seemed to work alright with the old forums.

Other aspect is big avatars make the forum look cumbersome, while large avatar file sizes make forum pages load slower. We prefer to have the most area dedicated to real content (i.e. topics themselves), hence the rather strict avatar and signature limits.

LOL at all these new forum smilies :706:

A Questionable one is of course this one:

Edited by Maruk
Of course, but note that you are still the one responsible for what you post.

:865:

Haha, wow. BIS needs to go through and take out 99% of the smilies. In fact, delete them all and make your own. :cool:

Yeah, trying to navigate through the list to find the old favourites is a bit cumbersome.

Yep there are definitely way too many unneeded and annoying emoticons now.

Omg, I thought all those smilies posted were from extern sources... This is scary, in my opinion those shown on the right are quite enough.

Edited by kavoven

Omg, I thought all those smilies posted were from extern sources... This is scarly, in my opinion those shown on the right are quite enough.

Yeah, me too, though it doesn't look too professional because they don't match eachother. That's just me being strict though.

Yea most of the smilies should go IMO. 439 is overboard and many of them are stupid and have no use. Like the spiderman one.

Also would be a good idea to put a notice on the old forums about this one. Preferably at the top of the screen.