Sign in to follow this  
vilas

PROJECT'85 TOPIC

TkKivi - that MP5 was made specially for Polish Police, like G-36 Eotech

MP5 SD (older) was made for Project 85 for green berets

new MP5 are BIS MP5 from game, but 7% bigger (BIS made weapon too small)

Col. Faulkner - shame or poor (English is not my native language) that you refused to cooperate on UK part of project sad_o.gif i understand you wanna have your own project, but in further release we will put also UK troops (not oonly US vs. rest of the world)

we have great military advisor in person of NSXr, but we don't have such knowledge about west side - if you have time, you can help us by giving resources, because alll we know about US troops /gear is from "googole.com"

and Sa-58 was presented some time ago, but for You - detalised looks :P

screen from oxygen (low textures, compressed JPG)

Lee - UZI were presented on bigger screens - my Topic, page 80:

link to UZI, Mi-8

2vilas

Don't forget about Shadow NX, as he did most of the original research work for east side. wink_o.gif I joined later and only adviced how to correct what was already done.

vilas, i sent you a PM a while ago but you havnt answered yet. should i send it again or should i post the question in this thread?

Have you guys considered addong a BMP with rifle stations instead of normal cargo?

(The 6 portholes passangers can shoot out tru.)

Have you guys considered addong a BMP with rifle stations instead of normal cargo?

What would be the point when passengers can't shoot? huh.gif Would be fun for enemy snipers though... biggrin_o.gif

2RavenDK

No, we haven't. Just because we should have full bunch of standartly made vehicles before we'll make something else. Remember there's not much of us who work on this mod.

What would be the point when passengers can't shoot? huh.gif Would be fun for enemy snipers though... biggrin_o.gif

considering you can add as many turrets as you wish to a vehicle, then of course it is possible. You just fake them using their personal weapon via the turret.

The following I write due to this being named "Project'85", wich to me says it's a mod to make stuff used in the 80's.

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/vilas/screens/p85/w9.jpg

EOTech did not exist in 1985.

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/vilas/screens/p85/w12.jpg

Picatinny rails, Aimpoint with picatinny rail mount, Trijicon ACOG and 6-pos stock did not exist in 1985.

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/vilas/screens/p85/w13.jpg

ANPEQ, SPR, leupold M3 scope (on spr), QD silencer did not exist in 1985. And the silencer is wrong for the spr as it is designed to slip onto the M4 "birdcage" flash hider.

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/vilas/screens/p85/85_6.jpg

Vests with PALS/MOLLE did not exist in 1985. Neither did the magazine pouches on the guy 2nd from the left.

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/vilas/screens/p85/85_7.jpg

MG pouches on middle guy did not exist in 1985, as they are MOLLE pouches.

In closing, I dont see how this could be justified as 1985 era accessories, as they were not in existence for atleast 15 years or more after 1985.

considering you can add as many turrets as you wish to a vehicle, then of course it is possible. You just fake them using their personal weapon via the turret.

There are more than one weapon that soldiers carry, some of which can't be used from inside a BMP due to size issues, and turret weapons don't use the gunner's own ammunition. A passenger might not even have any weapons.

Also my hunch is that once you loaded AI soldiers into those spots, they'd sharpshoot hidden enemies from a moving BMP at 500 meters range with no problem. crazy_o.gif

So while it is "possible", the way it would work just would be ridiculous and would break any suspension of disbelief. A player would not think "ah, now I can use my gun from inside this BMP", no, he'd think "ah, now I can fire a few free shots from the fake turret of this BMP without using any ammo of my own". Sometimes it's better to acknowledge engine limitations than to pretend that they don't exist.

Anyway, this problem is not so much about Project '85.

Col. Faulkner - shame or poor (English is not my native language) that you refused to cooperate on UK part of project ...

I didn't "refuse to cooperate", FFS! I explained why I was

unwilling to get involved with any sort of mod' team in my last

PM to you.

2Jahve

Did you saw normal resistance, we made? These were workpieces to fulfil classroles before we can remodel and reskin every unit.

About weapons - there're a lot of weapons from 80' era. Weapons you showed here are included in WIP packs for developers only because we don't divide Vilas pack into "WW2 era" or "modern era".

Don't know where you've taken these pics, but you can't judge what was done just because of them.

The following I write due to this being named "Project'85", wich to me says it's a mod to make stuff used in the 80's...

[blah, blah...]

That's just silly. It's obvious even to me that the set of

screenshots are presented for our entertainment, and are not

strictly a catalogue of exclusively 1985-era items. I am also

of the understanding that the soldier models are still largely

work in progress.

Holly sh!t

Didn't know that P'85 is going to be so good.

But why you guys do it? You wanna beat CWR? xP

@Jahve

Maybe you should stop bitchin and start working on CWR?

Damn, people! This thread isn't an arena for flamebiting just because Jahve said something unconfirmed. I also work for CWR and may say we try to acomplish two diffirent task - CWR try to bring experience of original OFP (even if something's wrong), while P'85 try to make realistic pack (or mod) with NATO(US) and WP sides realisticly represented.

Will someone care to explain to me why then it's called Project'85? huh.gif I didnt know it was modern and WW2 etc, because it says '85.

Why post stuff in here if you dont want constructive critisism?

@Garbol: How do you know im not? biggrin_o.gif

2 Jahve

I think everything is clearly written in my post. Pack is not released to public yet, so we, developers and advisors, use Vilas pack containing weapons for WW2, '85 and modern era. I don't understand how it bother you since you not a developer using these packs. Who said you that these weapons are ment to be used in P'85? They'll be separated for public release so you'll get normal '85 era weapons. What's here what hard to understand, eh?

Criticism? I'd better say flooding...

I like what I see, you guys have done a massive job with creating new conten for the game.

Thanks for all the excellent info, I am looking forward to the release of your work smile_o.gif

Will someone care to explain to me why then it's called Project'85?  huh.gif I didnt know it was modern and WW2 etc, because it says '85.

@Garbol: How do you know im not?  biggrin_o.gif

I think the misunderstanding comes from the fact that Vilas posted all the guns he made/modified that will be released sooner or later, not just strictly the Project '85 weapons.

Hi, the M14/M21 only have 6 slices in the upper cover, not so much

as in that screenshot that shows booth on top, and i think that the

scope of the M21 is a bit less thick than that one, but i could be

wrong on this. Let's C ya

Will someone care to explain to me why then it's called Project'85? huh.gif I didnt know it was modern and WW2 etc, because it says '85.

@Garbol: How do you know im not? biggrin_o.gif

I think the misunderstanding comes from the fact that Vilas posted all the guns he made/modified that will be released sooner or later, not just strictly the Project '85 weapons.

Indeed.

Jahve you sometimes not read all carefully (as happened times ago)

i said G36C Eotech is for Polish SWAT (modern)

Project 85 uses my "new weapons pack" which is itended to be used by P85, IDF Mod, other addons

MG pouches are like that because we cannot do all we whish in small time, so in answer i can give a looooooong list of mistakes in your CWR MOD like your CWR units use newest MP5, M4 too, your specnaz use panama hats typical to Afgan war, not on other areas, AT4 Spigot is not one-man weapon, PK and PKM are different and etc..

our guerillas are far from perfect, i know but they also keep atmosphere untill made new

on my topic you were answered few times and you asked the same questions that were answered before :P

read more carefully - i wrote about Eotechs, IDF MOD and my other addons purpose

Hi, seems that i was worng on everything, not only in the M21

scope size; this shows the number of slices that a M14 have on

the upper handguard cover. Let's C ya

hehe

you know - there was so many models...

remember that few factories made weapons for US Army

M16, M4 are made by Colt, Bushmaster, and as far as i know few manufacturies more

M14 was made by Springfield and as i remember 1-2 companies more

so...

only in my small countries there is 1 govermental weapon factory

but in big countries like US, Russia, former USSR there are some companies and their models differ in details