Sign in to follow this  
vilas

PROJECT'85 TOPIC

Considering that you're making East German infantry, do you have any plans for 1980s Bundeswehr troops?

i thought that there was something like Germany85 ?

as CSLA will be released maybe using their addons together as Warsaw Pact

but Bundeswehr would be good

i am making new MG-3 in home, completly new, so yes - it caould be good smile_o.gif

maybe better than UK forces, but mostly without vehicles, only infantry to typical infantry missions , cause making Leopards.. too big effort, but DDR Infantry is further plans, second release :P

Uh-Oh, 4 pages and i wasnt there over the weekend to post some answers and already many missunderstandings happened.

Ok i guess its already explained now but once more id like to say that:

The screens are probably not the best samples to show whats P85 about as there are many non P85 items in them.

So far many units are based on other addons by Vilas, for the final product we will change that.

So most of the addons will come as normal vilas addons but also a part of them will be in P85.

As example, the US soldiers exist in a mid 80s and in a modern version.

In the P85 release youll find the mid 80s units only but Vilas surely will release a version before where you have the mid 80s and modern ones, either that or he just releases the modern soldiers as standalone version.

Same goes for weapons, in the final P85 i just wanna see the weapons that belong to the era show up in the editor, modern stuff goes in Vilas standalone addons.

Also the FIA guys on the pic seem rather outdated and will be replaced by the guys Topas shown in the Vilas thread so far.

Soviet forces also will see a bit more work ( i hope so at least ) especially in the normal maps department.

Another nice news is that Kenji after the T-80s ( B and BV sometime later maybe modern ones like U variants ) starts a BMD pack, models are already done but need some tweaking and textures.

These BMDs will also be featured in P85.

---

About some other things mentioned here:

P85 isnt intended to challenge CWR, our goal differ a lot.

CWR wants to bring you OFP to ArmA, we wanna make something new in a coldwar era setting that isnt really connected to OFP at all.

About Germany 85, well we never officially said it but i assume its pretty much dead, havent heard from the other mods involved in a long time.

But P85 will be pretty much like Germany85 will be, just not sure yet if battles will happen in Germany ( i hope so though ).

but Jahve sometimes ignored what we wrote (in my topic he was answered few times and few time he was asking the same things)

precisizing weapon matter;

Project 85 uses my new weapon pack

weapon pack is addon that adds weapons

in editor of project 85 there will be units with weapon belonging to that era

but other addons will use the same weapon pack (to save space on disk) for example Galils are made for IDF mod puurpose (as they can use UZIs, AK for terrorists oposite to IDF forces), also like my bandits use TT, AK, my Polish army addon will use the same PKM, AKMS, pistols...

it would be a nonsense to have few weapons pack that are different only i 4-5 guns, instead of one modern weapons pack that can be used by different addons and even other MODS as they will want this pack

Have you guys considered addong a BMP with rifle stations instead of normal cargo?

(The 6 portholes passangers can shoot out tru.)

What would be the point when passengers can't shoot? huh.gif Would be fun for enemy snipers though... biggrin_o.gif

considering you can add as many turrets as you wish to a vehicle, then of course it is possible. You just fake them using their personal weapon via the turret.

Exactly.

BMP 1 and 2 got 6 small holes (i cant rember if theres allso 2 in back) where the passangers can stick there rifle muzzels out and shoot.

As for turrets ive heard abt 5 stations working so i dont see why a 6th woulden.. but i have not yet my self got more than 3 turrets woreking..

i think 6 turrets are possible, but honestly.. no sense as you cannot give cargo position, animation "switch to gunner position" and etc. :P

i think 6 turrets are possible, but honestly.. no sense as you cannot give cargo position, animation "switch to gunner position" and etc. :P

true vilas. But if you replace the cargo and have a turret instead.. i know the list will be long when getting in.. but it would be cool...

Vilas how abot soliders off duty, you know like one of soliders from 1st Infantry Division addon.

bjkj0.th.jpg

Polish solider of duty can use that same model for Driver, russians and americans for officer, Oh you frogot a LWP officer in your pack.

huh.gif

And modern solider have american helmet strip, old pouches for ammo and us armor:

Strip

http://www.army.mil.pl/cwic/bagram/11.jpg

Assalout Vest

http://www.azymut.waw.pl/opracowania/kamizelkiWP/3.jpg

Armor

http://www.polskor.pl/images/katalog/wojsko/posza.jpg

or

http://www.lubawa.com.pl/wojsko/zdj/klv2.jpg

http://www.lubawa.com.pl/wojsko/zdj/klv1.jpg

BMP 1 and 2 got 6 small holes (i cant rember if theres allso 2 in back) where the passangers can stick there rifle muzzels out and shoot.

You can stick guns out of the windows of any car IRL. Doesn't mean that it would work in a sensible way in the game, for the reasons I gave.

LWP officer wear helmet because he ie ever-ready to combat :P

US and USSR oficers in caps - are let's say OFP mistake remains, normally in fight everyone wear helmet... but it is game :P

LWP officer wear helmet because he ie ever-ready to combat :P

US and USSR oficers in caps - are let's say OFP mistake remains, normally in fight everyone wear helmet... but it is game :P

How about soliders of duty? And officers from bases? (logistics and conconels?)

How about soliders of duty?

No one here is off duty, everyone is @hard work at Project'85. wink_o.gif

You've surely all seen the Polish vehicles that we were kindly given by the Operation Flashpoint LWP mod.

There was a lot of talk from our side that these convertions with just retouched textures will get an complete makeover - yet nothing happened till now - we had other priorities.

Now I can present you with an early WIP tease of the upcoming upgrade showing a comaprison of original flashpoint and what I managed to make today

comparison1et9.jpg

The purpose is to have NO operation flashpoint texture elements included.

More updates available when accomplished wink_o.gif

Edit:

WIP Update of OT-64 Skot textures

37975947xv5.jpg

Oh I cant wait for Project! Would to some one make a good campagin or mp missions for this!

wow, very nice

campaign will be from OFP?

greetings from Poland wink_o.gif

wow, very nice

campaign will be from OFP?

greetings from Poland  wink_o.gif

I don't think so, as there is already a team which is working on bringing over the OFP and they have a topic somewhere else  smile_o.gif

Our goal is to introduce a new 80's themed campaign that would play on a specific terrain created especially for the purpose of the project.

Greetings from Poland as well.

Are you in some kind of race/competition/beauty contest with CWR team?

(my question is serious, no flame or polemic intended)

Are you in some kind of race/competition/beauty contest with CWR team?

(my question is serious, no flame or polemic intended)

My answer will be seriuos as well:

No.  smile_o.gif

the only thing in common that we have is the era chosen for our modifications. Indeed there was a feeling of competition/race at our end here in the early days but we managed to put that aside as we 'took shape' and it came out that we're going slightly different ways.

Re beauty contest - No  wink_o.gif I was not refering to anyone here. Just striving to squeeze the most out of it.

What I meant was that there is no sense in releasing something that would not look even as good as vanilla ArmA quality. [the quality of the unreleased LWP pack was decent back those days; but we've moved forward a bit]

And since there is also RHS works that will be included in the modification I intend to make my part of the work as near to their quality as possible - we don't want a bunch of addons from different makers that would look totally different when compared; well, just a matter of standards

Thanks for your answer Topas, it makes sense (about the quality).

Keep up the good work thumbs-up.gif Looks promizing.

Thanks for your answer Topas, it makes sense (about the quality).

Keep up the good work thumbs-up.gif  Looks promizing.

Thanks, I intend to give the P-76 and OT-62 an 'amphibious' look as it traversed a river some minutes ago and already caught some dust. the Asu85 will be a bit different, probably with mud.

here is still to early for showing ingame screens, but the y will come soon enough.

Why wasn't the LWP ASU-85 ever released for OFP ?. There was promises made for it to be released for OFP but it never happened.

Edit: same goes for BM-21 grad (ural-375d) , star trucks etc...

Why wasn't the LWP ASU-85 ever released for OFP ?. There was promises made for it to be released for OFP but it never happened.

No idea...

I do not posess any internal information on the developement issues of the original LWP mod sad_o.gif

And I am not sure if there's anyone around to answer the questiona s the original authors seem to have dissapeared from the scene

Thanks for the quick response ,its just Ive seen so many good addons that were being worked on never released for OFP ex : evgeni's IL-76MD , tu-160 etc...

Zhelayu Udacha v Project 85. I wish you luck with Project '85 and if you need any help with military hardware/equipment information Id be glad to help.

Thanks for the quick response ,its just Ive seen so many good addons that were being worked on never released for OFP ex : evgeni's IL-76MD , tu-160 etc...

Zhelayu Udacha v Project 85. I wish you luck with Project '85 and if you need any help with military hardware/equipment information Id be glad to help.

Any help is always welcomed smile_o.gif thx for this kind offer.

Re LWP trucks never released -> try here

http://www.gdynia.mm.pl/~jack_410/LWP/download_pl.htm

wink_o.gif

Thanks Topas and thanks for the links (they are down on the site but work on gamepark.cz I just hope they are the latest versions). Also very good work on the textures they bring the vehicles to life.

If I may suggest I have always wanted to see a T-72B(M) 1988/1990 made for ArmA its been my dream actually and it fits in with cold war timeline/plot. It looks like a T-90 but isn't wink_o.gif.

http://btvt.narod.ru/5/t72b_mai/t72b_mai.htm

http://btvt.narod.ru/5/t72b1990/t72b1990.htm

@Universal

Don't take away my piece of bread. At least from the russian side. wink_o.gif

About T72. Tank on you pic is late version of T72BM, not original T72B one presented in 1985 (which looks a bit diffirent and have up-and-over ERA instead of built-in one). We make mod about 1985 and already have set of unit we can and 'll add into the game. So new advices have not much chances to be made in life. T90 is actually T72 BM(simply changed to BU) with other enchancements from interrupted researches. Noone said it's completely new tank. Ukranians made something similar (T72-100), but hopefully don't have enough money to buy any.